Black Spirituality Religion : You shall not TATTOO yourselves

Not sure what's being implied about tattoos here. Is it that they are somehow "evil" or prohibited by the Bible?

Historically, our people have always had tats. Those Biblical/Mosaic law are for the Jews, of which we as African people are not. As someone said previously, tats are a legacy in African culture. African priests in Kemet, Akan, Zulu, and countless others have tribal designs to indicate their path in life.

Now, if the issue is the current trend of tatting, then I would probably agree. These days, our people get any and everything marked on their bodies, in following with European traditions: Skulls, guns, obsenities, Crosses, and the like.

I myself have tats--several in fact. All mine are in accordance with my own spiritual journey and cultural affilations, and I would not defile my body with anything less.

Mayan_mummy.jpg
figur.jpg
tumblr_m4t8wiZTdY1rnseozo1_400.jpg

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back