Black Entertainment : will hip hop rise again?

Therious

BANNED
Feb 22, 2004
REMEMBER back in the late 90s when it seemed tht hip hop was going 2 mke a come back. u had artists like common, mos def, the roots, getting mainstream air play. in the last 5 yrs it seems thts been burried. its stricly the club or the gun, tht gets play. this may hve 2 do w/ generational preference , sometimes it seems tht true hip hop will neva be heard on a nation scale again, the award shows r a joke oh well after all it is up 2 us, the internet has been a great tool.hiphopwill never die but will hip hop make it back 2 the top or r the youngstas just on some different ish...some corny club ish to b xact,or wht ever is shoved down their throats.

does art lead or follow?
if there's nothing but garbage on the air is that what the people want or what the artists want?

maybe there is just no audience for righteous art.

maybe the masses of young blacks are all about the dollar.
isn't this thug life taken to it's logical conclusion?

i hve to say tht art leads and greed follows.

garbage on the air is wht the major labels wnt as well as a large amount of the masses, however good music is wanted its just not promoted in my opinion. rappers wnt 2 get paid, artists wnt 2 make good music wether they get paid or not-but at the same time an artist does wnt 2 eat though.

at the same time ppl wnt 2 party, im not saying all club music is bad or even mainstream its just wack when everybody wnts 2 sound like the next person.

i look atr rock and roll they promote all different types of rock across the board, but when it comes 2 rap they only promote thug/club/or dubs, because thts wht sells due 2 the fact tht many rapp fans r just ignorant period.

I think hip hop will come back in a massive way once
the listeners stop taking the junk they pushing on us
to turn a buck .....good old hip hop need to be taken
to a higher level to be heard but who will make the
change or first step to bring it back .

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back