Black Entertainment : will hip hop rise again?

Prizefighter16 said:
I think you guys are being too pessimistic. Yes, true hip hop will make a come back. Ofcourse, hip hop has elevated to a number of levels, so what really is true hip hop. We're more talkin about hip hop with a purpose, or some type of message. Yes, those no point songs are out there, and i admit i listen to them and watch the videos because they are convenient, but not every rapper is talkin bout foolishness. it's just not mainstream. But it need to really be mainstream? If i want to find a rapper with a message, why should i wait till hip hop becomes "true"? My generation is not all full of ignorance. and while some things seem to get worse, look at how some rappers are becoming more aware of certain things. For example, Jadakiss and his song why. it may not be much, but it's a start. and what about Nas, and the song that was telling kids they could be anything they want to be. then there's Talib's song, and there's the Roots song star. Not everything is Black and white with hip hop. just give it time and it will get better

I AGREE PRIZE, I MENTIONED JADA KISSES SONG WHY? IN ANOTHER THREAD I DIG THAT SONG LOCKED UP BY ACON ALSO. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH COMING HARD AS LONG AS ITS DOPE. MOBB DEEPS NEW STUFF ISNT XACTLY POSITIVE BUT ITS GOOD MUSIC. . TALIBS MY MAN, I GOTZ TO SCOOP THAT NEW MOS DEF,THE NEW DEAD PREZ-TIGHT, THE ROOTS TIPPING POINT WAS NICE. FOREAL EVEN THE CLUB, THUGGED OUT SONGS ARE NOT ALL BAD, I MEAN IF I DNT AGREE WITH THE LYRICS I STILL CAN APPRECIATE A TIGHT BEAT OR RHYME SCHEME. LIL JOHN GETS ME HYPE.. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE WACK AND GOOD MAINSTREAM MUSIC.

ARTISTS LIKE TALIB AND THEM R FROM MY GENERATION ANY HOW. LIKE I SAID THE YOUTH ALWAYS TAKE IT TO ANOTHER LEVEL, BUT THE MAJORITY OF RADIO IS A MONOPOLIZED SEA OF WACKNESS, THESE ARTISTS DNT RECEIVE MUCH AIR TIME EXCEPT 4 YOUR WEEKLY HIP HOP SHOWS HERE AND THERE. AND JUST 2 B REAL MOST OF WHAT I HERE FROM GEN Y IS WEAK SIMPLISTIC RHYMES BUT MABY THTS JUST DA NEW THANG, I STILL SAY MOST OF THIS IS CREATED BY MAJOR LABELS. THEN AGAIN THE MASSES WANT CONTROVERSEY.

HIP HOP HAS NOT DIED LIKE I SAID.. 2 QUOTE KRS "WE WILL BE HERE FOR EVER"....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back