Black People Politics : WHY VOTING ALONE CAN NOT AND WILL NOT BE ENOUGH!

...HISTORY IS SPECIFIC AND SO IS FOLKLORE! Both carry truth, one recorded by the system with library of congress numbers that matter as authority - and the other believed by the people and recorded as collective consciousness...in numbers that matter as authority.

...these will never meet in the center...not meant to - only confrontation front'in as conversation. Sometimes an inch is given...seemingly never a yard!

...Two Different perspectives on the truth... one solidified in print and taken as truth ultimate - as written word...the other transmitted mentally, physically and verbally - both without a counter argument that matters.

Prerogative and final analysis is based on belief, mindset and information This is why our education is so important, as a people rising only 150 years out of 250 "Peak" years of African based Slavery on an International scale. We have to master the English language that we speak in "ANY" case because that is how we will be able to Read, write and understand what we face daily, those of us who are not scholars, educators, soldiers or advocates. This Folk Lore of ours has got to be measured against the Word of Authority - and that is any authority of any culture.

...Not all of us Black / African American people are of Folk Lore - "The inner Word".
...Some of us, like (only) for instance, Barrack Obama and Eric Holder... like them or not, they are (were) the Black "my way or the highway word" in America.
...Folk Lore goes against the President and his top appointee...that's a problem that we can't ignore...that's got to be compromised because their probably be another African American Authority who will also represent the Official American word!
...If you are of the Keep it Real / Keep it Black persuasion, that's something worth the consideration of a workable relationship just for progress's sake, rather than a hostile one. It's either that or revolution and we already know how stupid that would be. The Panthers had some brilliant developments, but armed revolution wasn't one of them.

...Mr. Obama's former Pastor had to go because he came from Folk Lore in the attitudinal sense he chanted down Babylon...The Gung Ho Blacks loved it...the more Conservative minded shuddered. I didn't like the Reverend coming out publicly when he did, but I know that it was real, so I take the Reverend as a valid "heated' counterpart - next move!

...as far as our masses...it doesn't matter what the Jews did after the Holocaust or how the Asians rose to prominence after their internment in America. We have "affect" from our American history and it is unique to us in it's variation of social, political or personal damages that block social / political movement in African Diaspora people.

...just like it does with every other Diaspora Group who is never the social majority! No two groups come from the same history so two can't be legitimately compared as to how they navigate(ed) American Society.

...Our social negative affect manifests most among the under class, the poor government dependent, and the working poor. Violence and criminal proximate thinking appears as simply as taking toilet paper from the job, to physical retaliation out of frustration, presumed Racism or disrespect.
We lose men senselessly from our point of view) from the higher economic classes just as often...

...we are probably the only race who necessarily - among some groups, have almost Anti- American values and yet we thrive in America out of struggle, underdog status as well as academic and social over achievement. It's the more affluent among us who know for sure how much we don't get in America.

...Russell Simmons looked at Holly Wood Industry, behind the scenes camera and tech work as a whole concentration. He saw how White it all was and knew that he could make millions seeking that work through developing a marketable work force of African American tech people. That's the work that Folk Lore says is not cool enough. It's just a thing worth considering being open about rather than judgmental or stereotypical.

...you can look at history two ways...from the inner or the outer. The Inner see's The Self and Kind - The Outer See's The World and humanity!

How'bout that.
but it does address some of the issues that you seem to be bent out of shape about!
...just trying to help!...my bad!
You quoted my original post of an I article used to evince why voting alone is not enough.
You mentioned issues (plural), that I am bent out of shape about. Please elaborate on
these....."issues", that got me so bent out of shape that you felt 'to help' with a post of
information patently irrelevant to the premise of the thread?

How'bout that.

You quoted my original post of an I article used to evince why voting alone is not enough.
You mentioned issues (plural), that I am bent out of shape about. Please elaborate on
these....."issues", that got me so bent out of shape that you felt 'to help' with a post of
information patently irrelevant to the premise of the thread?

...um, yeah...I respond to your post...you act like I didn't say anything and then I get to elaborate on what I mean?

...sounds like an exercise in futility...no thanks - haven't we done this before?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back