Black People Politics : WHY VOTING ALONE CAN NOT AND WILL NOT BE ENOUGH!

Bankroller of Democratic Voting Rights Cases? George Soros

A Democratic legal fight against restrictive voting laws enacted in recent years by
Republican-controlled state governments is being largely paid for by a single liberal
benefactor: the billionaire philanthropist George Soros.

Mr. Soros, the Hungarian-born investor whose first major involvement in American
politics was a voter-mobilization drive in the 2004 presidential race, has yet to commit
the many millions of dollars that Hillary Rodham Clinton’s allies hope he and other
like-minded billionaires will pour into the “super PAC” directly aiding her campaign.

But it turns out that Mr. Soros had already agreed to put as much as $5 million into the
litigation effort, which Democrats hope will erode restrictions on voter access that they
say could otherwise prove decisive in a close election.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...rights-cases-george-soros/?smid=fb-share&_r=0

Exerpts from James Clingman's article:
Blackonomic$: Symbolism without Substance
—Ferguson to Jena

...There are many instances of Black men killed by police with
impunity. So what’s my point? Well, as I watched the church
services and listened to the speeches in Ferguson, I eagerly
awaited the speakers’ solutions. I could have missed it, but I never
heard a solution that centered on economics. I heard the

obligatory voting solution, in light of an embarrassing 12
percent turnout among Black voters, but an “I Voted!”
sticker will not stop a policeman’s bullet, and voting
alone will not change our condition in this nation.

Money runs politics, and when campaign donors are against
something they will get results from the politicians they support,
especially when their bottom-line is adversely affected. For
example, can you imagine Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz, Coca
Cola CEO Muhtar Kent, Pepsi Cola CEO Indra Nooyi, NBA
Commissioner Adam Silver, Nike CEO Mark Parker, McDonald’s
CEO Donald Thompson, Diageo Liquor’s CEO Ivan Menezes, and
even Anheuser Busch’s CEO Thomas Santel, standing before
national media and calling for an end to injustices against Black
people? Nothing personal against these companies; it’s just as they
say in war, “collateral damage.” But the damage would stop when
the folks who run this country speak out....

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/Perspectives_1/article_101743.shtml
Exerpts from James Clingman's article:
Blackonomic$: Symbolism without Substance
—Ferguson to Jena

...There are many instances of Black men killed by police with
impunity. So what’s my point? Well, as I watched the church
services and listened to the speeches in Ferguson, I eagerly
awaited the speakers’ solutions. I could have missed it, but I never
heard a solution that centered on economics. I heard the

obligatory voting solution, in light of an embarrassing 12
percent turnout among Black voters, but an “I Voted!”
sticker will not stop a policeman’s bullet, and voting
alone will not change our condition in this nation.

Money runs politics, and when campaign donors are against
something they will get results from the politicians they support,
especially when their bottom-line is adversely affected. For
example, can you imagine Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz, Coca
Cola CEO Muhtar Kent, Pepsi Cola CEO Indra Nooyi, NBA
Commissioner Adam Silver, Nike CEO Mark Parker, McDonald’s
CEO Donald Thompson, Diageo Liquor’s CEO Ivan Menezes, and
even Anheuser Busch’s CEO Thomas Santel, standing before
national media and calling for an end to injustices against Black
people? Nothing personal against these companies; it’s just as they
say in war, “collateral damage.” But the damage would stop when
the folks who run this country speak out....

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/Perspectives_1/article_101743.shtml
...something you may not have thought of...I am an educator - 45 years long. I work in the 5th "worst" School in my district...2nd grade...7 & 8 year olds who cuss, spit, pull hair, punch, kick and are as resistant and belligerent as all get out. Mini me's of their parents whohave little or no consequence for their children's behavior because they are either 20 something and barely literate, have criminal histories, have poor parenting skills or drug and/or alcohol problems and have mothered or fathered their kids little or none.

...These are the members of our race who care more about some warped form of respect or street life reality than the actual reality THAT THEY ARE SEEN AS PUBLIC ENEMY #1 by the police and the White Masses.
You better believe that the present street attitudes of disrespect for "ANY" authority has everything to do with the Police murder / acquittal rate in this country. There is a crisis in our schools and inner cities...even the White kids there are crazy...A.D.D. - born in withdrawal you name it. This is something that you really have to see to believe and trust me...it's not pretty. A pure Crisis and Cultural disconnect officially..total disrespect for education among many of the masses!

...That's why these young men have no qualms about facing off with police...that's what they intend to do..."DO OR DIE!"

...something you may not have thought of...I am an educator - 45 years long. I work in the 5th "worst" School in my district...2nd grade...7 & 8 year olds who cuss, spit, pull hair, punch, kick and are as resistant and belligerent as all get out. Mini me's of their parents whohave little or no consequence for their children's behavior because they are either 20 something and barely literate, have criminal histories, have poor parenting skills or drug and/or alcohol problems and have mothered or fathered their kids little or none.

...These are the members of our race who care more about some warped form of respect or street life reality than the actual reality THAT THEY ARE SEEN AS PUBLIC ENEMY #1 by the police and the White Masses.
You better believe that the present street attitudes of disrespect for "ANY" authority has everything to do with the Police murder / acquittal rate in this country. There is a crisis in our schools and inner cities...even the White kids there are crazy...A.D.D. - born in withdrawal you name it. This is something that you really have to see to believe and trust me...it's not pretty. A pure Crisis and Cultural disconnect officially..total disrespect for education among many of the masses!

...That's why these young men have no qualms about facing off with police...that's what they intend to do..."DO OR DIE!"
worst enemies.jpg

...And this explains why voting can not and will not be enough?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back