Black People Politics : WHY VOTING ALONE CAN NOT AND WILL NOT BE ENOUGH!

Aside from the main premise of the article from which the following comes from,
this is also yet another example of politics that require more than mere voting:

"Former NBA superstar Earvin “Magic” Johnson is a case in point. With business interests all over the country,
Magic dropped a quarter million dollar campaign donation on Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel,
and flew to Chicago to get his picture taken with the mayor on the eve of the elction. Magic's payback was an
$80 million dollar contract managing privatized custodial services in Chicago's Public Schools
..."

A recent study by the Sunlight Foundation revealed that corporations get about $760 back from federal, state
and local governments for every buck they donate
to politicians of the two capitalist parties. The nation's top
200 campaign donors gave $5.8 billion to political campaigns, and got back $4.4 trillion – that's trillion with a T in
return between 2007 and 2012. In perspective, during the same period 50 million Americans on social security
got only $4.3 trillion.

http://www.blackagendareport.com/admire-or-condemn-black-one-percenters

"Politics [voting] without economics [substantial donations to politicians], is style
with no substance".

Exerpts from James Clingman's article:
Blackonomic$: Symbolism without Substance
—Ferguson to Jena

...There are many instances of Black men killed by police with
impunity. So what’s my point? Well, as I watched the church
services and listened to the speeches in Ferguson, I eagerly
awaited the speakers’ solutions. I could have missed it, but I never
heard a solution that centered on economics. I heard the

obligatory voting solution, in light of an embarrassing 12
percent turnout among Black voters, but an “I Voted!”
sticker will not stop a policeman’s bullet, and voting
alone will not change our condition in this nation.

Money runs politics, and when campaign donors are against
something they will get results from the politicians they support,
especially when their bottom-line is adversely affected. For
example, can you imagine Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz, Coca
Cola CEO Muhtar Kent, Pepsi Cola CEO Indra Nooyi, NBA
Commissioner Adam Silver, Nike CEO Mark Parker, McDonald’s
CEO Donald Thompson, Diageo Liquor’s CEO Ivan Menezes, and
even Anheuser Busch’s CEO Thomas Santel, standing before
national media and calling for an end to injustices against Black
people? Nothing personal against these companies; it’s just as they
say in war, “collateral damage.” But the damage would stop when
the folks who run this country speak out....

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/Perspectives_1/article_101743.shtml

Voting is important. If it was not, so much effort would not be ongoing to limit or eliminate Blacks from voting.
IMO, voter registration is equally important for several reason. One being jury duty. Another is when the numbers of Black voters is equal to those eligible to vote, that's POWER. To register to vote says "I care what happen to my people". To many of us choose to limit the power of the vote and voter registration. Don't. A target is on your back when politicians check the voting rolls and the Black population is not registered. Politicians in office react to registered voters. Not registered to vote, nobody cares youre not a threat. The voting roles are checked before the politic speaks out on Black murders by police. If you don't care enough to register to vote, how much do you care about the progress of your people. The powers that be will act in accordance to the numbers of registered Black voters. Ferguson is an example.

Vote. Many Black died for our right to vote.

Voting is important. If it was not, so much effort would not be ongoing to limit or eliminate Blacks from voting.
I would wager that exponentially more effort is made to keep black folk from gaining an economic foothold.

IMO, voter registration is equally important for several reason. One being jury duty. Another is when the numbers of Black voters is equal to those eligible to vote, that's POWER. To register to vote says "I care what happen to my people". To many of us choose to limit the power of the vote and voter registration. Don't. A target is on your back when politicians check the voting rolls and the Black population is not registered. Politicians in office react to registered voters. Not registered to vote, nobody cares youre not a threat. The voting roles are checked before the politic speaks out on Black murders by police. If you don't care enough to register to vote, how much do you care about the progress of your people. The powers that be will act in accordance to the numbers of registered Black voters. Ferguson is an example.

All that sounds good (quite fitting for Kemestry's "Why voting is important" thread),
but with without the economics behind it, it is, yet still symbolism without substance.

You are an inch deep and a mile wide when looking at
the reality of it.

Say, did you view the video clip about the mayor
voted in to office unable to take office? The people spoke via the
vote and yet she can't/couldn't take office.

Vote. Many Black died for our right to vote.
Many black people died for the right of a whole lot of things;
voting being one of them.

I would wager that exponentially more effort is made to keep black folk from gaining an economic foothold.

All that sounds good (quite fitting for Kemestry's "Why voting is important" thread),
but with without the economics behind it, it is, yet still symbolism without substance.

You are an inch deep and a mile wide when looking at
the reality of it.

Say, did you view the video clip about the mayor
voted in to office unable to take office? The people spoke via the
vote and yet she can't/couldn't take office.

Many black people died for the right of a whole lot of things;
voting being one of them.

Apologize. Under the impression this topic was about the positives of voting.

Peace.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back