Black Spirituality Religion : Why natural diasters?

I don't believe it's testing faith. I think it happens to show human beings there is a stronger force than them and they need to humble themselves and make change and recognize.

Look at it. The only time people forget about race, material things, etc., and come together is when a big "catastrophe" happens close to home. That's the only way they even act connected to each other whether they know each other or not. Then you see all the good will deeds that bring tears to your eyes and make u humble and greatful. Then u realize what u have, they no longer have and how appreciative you should be.

This will last for a quick minute, then the media will greet u again in your homes on the stealing, killing, raping, child molesting, drugs violence etc., allowing u to be desensitized again to all of these conditions.

There has to be conflict in order to create change. Without the conflict everything would remain the same.

This is just my opinion, which everyone is entitled to one.

Wisdom7 said:
I don't believe it's testing faith. I think it happens to show human beings there is a stronger force than them and they need to humble themselves and make change and recognize.

Look at it. The only time people forget about race, material things, etc., and come together is when a big "catastrophe" happens close to home. That's the only way they even act connected to each other whether they know each other or not. Then you see all the good will deeds that bring tears to your eyes and make u humble and greatful. Then u realize what u have, they no longer have and how appreciative you should be.

This will last for a quick minute, then the media will greet u again in your homes on the stealing, killing, raping, child molesting, drugs violence etc., allowing u to be desensitized again to all of these conditions.

There has to be conflict in order to create change. Without the conflict everything would remain the same.

This is just my opinion, which everyone is entitled to one.

Were'nt we just talking about this last week. That we hoped it didn't take a catastrophe for black folks to wake up.

Sekhemu said:
Were'nt we just talking about this last week. That we hoped it didn't take a catastrophe for black folks to wake up.

Yeah, it was weird, as I was typing that, it came across my mind that we had just talked about that. I still think it's going to take some more waking up because a lot of us are talking about looters and what people should and shouldn't be doing, and some are feelin it, just like we are.

The weird thing is this happened in Hampton Virgina maybe 2 years agp, but mpt as bad. People were ordered to evacuate and they didn't. My family there came here. My best friend and her husband stayed not knowing it would be so bad. She said it was a nightmare and nothing you'd ever imagine. She said people were blowing down the street, and hanging on to trees. Trees felll on houses, electric lines down. Her and her husband and neighbors had no electric for over a week. They had to barbeque everyday in the hot summer no air. None of the ATM's worked so they couldn't get cash and couldn't go to work. She said their were gangs monitoring some of the gas stations in the area, only letting people from that community use the gas and how people were fighting over gas.

Now in less than 3 years, it's happened again on a larger scale. At that time I had thought about what I would do and what I need to have on hand to be prepared. Didn't do it. Now it's come around again. Amazing and sad!

Peace and Love

Wisdom7 said:
Yeah, it was weird, as I was typing that, it came across my mind that we had just talked about that. I still think it's going to take some more waking up because a lot of us are talking about looters and what people should and shouldn't be doing, and some are feelin it, just like we are.

The weird thing is this happened in Hampton Virgina maybe 2 years agp, but mpt as bad. My best friend said it was a nightmare and nothing you'd ever imagine. She said people were blowing down the street, and hanging on to trees. Her and her husband and neighbors had no electric for over a week. They had to barbeque everyday in the hot summer no air. None of the ATM's worked so they couldn't get cash and couldn't go to work. She said their were gangs monitoring some of the gas stations in their area, and how people were fighting over gas.

Now in less than 3 years, it's happened again on a larger scale. At that time I had thought about what I would do and what I need to have on hand to be prepared. Didn't do it. Now it's come around again. Amazing and sad!

Peace and Love

I feel ya'! If it does take something like this, I agree, it will take something waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more catastrophic, but I think if it does happen this way, by then it will be too late for most of us.

Perhaps this is just a sign of things to come :?:

Sekhemu said:
I feel ya'! If it does take something like this, I agree, it will take something waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more catastrophic, but I think if it does happen this way, by then it will be too late for most of us.

Perhaps this is just a sign of things to come :?:

I agree! In my mind I'm thinking "How much is a plane ticket to Africa and what to have accomplished to get their in the near future?" What rings in my mind even though it's still bible talk OT, there are truths handed down. I think of somewhere in Jeremiah, I believe Jeremiah 51 not sure, he talks about getting out of Babylon before u share in its punishments. This is modern day Babylon and of course life repeats itself over and over. We are living in the most arrogant nation that magnified themself against the All/Divine Force etc., Now look! :thinking:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back