Black Spirituality Religion : Why natural diasters?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by karmashines, Aug 31, 2005.

1. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    To the spiritualists, why do you think God allows horrible natural disasters such as Hurricane Katrina to happen? Why do much death and destruction of so many innocent people?

2. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    That's an interesting question.

For the religious person who believes his god is the only true god it's a catch 22 because the only true god must take the blame for these things. What's really crazy is each religion promotes its god when thigs are running smoothly then when catastrophe strikes they point fingers "Why did your god allow this to happen?" Wait a minute, my god is false, remember.

For the spiritualists the concept of the Creator is so different from the concept of God that they bypass the difficulty the religionist creates for himself. The truth is still not something a human can fully comprehend but at least it's not twisted around with contradictory explanations that trip over their own feet.

This was the subject of my very first discussion with Brotha Samurai. Reality has a way of kicking us out of our comfort zone and the more we try to explain things the more convoluted those explanations get and we never really get back to that comfort zone for where we tear down one road block we build another.

3. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    I'm not convinced "God" is responsible for this :witch:

4. karmashines

Ratings:
    +19
    Yes... yours is a scenario I never thought of. :)

Can you bring more insight on how you feel this storm was manufactured? And how would you tell the difference between a 'natural' storm and a 'manufactured' one? Even before white culture ruled the world people with seemingly good moral character have had to battle against severe natural diasters.

5. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    God allows things to happen in order to test our faith

6. karmashines

Ratings:
    +19
    He must not be all-knowing then, because wouldn't the Christian God know ahead of time whether or not we'll be faithful?

7. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

I can only go on a what my instincts tell me. However, I'll qualify my meaning of "manufacturing" as that of generating, or inducing a weather pattern, although granted, I'm not able to prove it.

Interestingly enough, there's a saying, "fairytells the stories that we fail to see". I recall people in days gone by talking about the Native american Shaman doing rain dances.

Our ancestors made offerings to the Neter of the Nile, called Hapi. Perhaps it would be more likely to conclude that native peoples the world over sort to entice certain weather conditions in the form of storms, rather than work against them.

In the continental United States, native people knew exactly what parts of the country not to make permanent or temporary sanctuary. This understanding was based on the fact that the earth is covered in grids, or invisible vortexes.

But there are Technologies and Projects that have been underway for quite some time, that far exceed anything that most people would hardly imagine, such as HAARP (High Frequency Active Aural Research Project)

Here's a link for your perusal

http:www.ratical.org/co-globalize/HAARPbg.html

8. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

So children are allowed to die, to test someone's faith, wow, what a kindhearted god.

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

peace Karm,

I can't agree with the NATURAL DISASTER part................so I am unqualified to answer at this time!

peace

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

peace & welcome back Oceolo.......

I must ask then since this is what has been told to us since birth that God allows people to DIE to test them.....Since those we asked could not FIND a better answer!!

what proof do you have that this was a NATURAL DISASTER?

since there were others beside Christians who have died from such tests (as you call them) why did the Christian God test/MURDER those that don't belong to him??