Black People : Why is it that Black People Do Not Love Their Children?

'cuse me 4 buttin n & i kno u weren't talkin 2 me, but...

nation building, 2 me, is ANY activity that provides a needed service 2 our community, & i can't think of anything our community needs mor of right now than LUV. u r doing mor n ur own way towards nation building than r many who trumpet their 'conciousness' from the soapbox. sister Purple - nationbuilder :dance: :dance:

brother Taa

i applaud u on (@ least) 2 counts: hving the courage 2 post what i suspect u knew would b, 4 the most part, a cooly received analysis of the state of several aspects of our community & providing a discriptive bio of urself & ur family; &, being so on point w many of the shortcommings we r hving 2 deal w. i'm remain unpersuaded w regard to som of the conclusions u hv drawn, but the majority of the conditions u state, which we hv allowed to persist r incontravertable.

many blk's r justifiably proud of their ancestry - somwhat surprisingly, even som of those who feel no other connection 2 the motherland assiduously cling 2 the mor regal aspects of our history. stories of our royal, powerful, & wealthy ancestors has an intrinsic dulcet quality. much less palitable is the fact that we r a conquored people. there was (& continues 2b) a war 4 control of the resources, & ppl r the gr8est resource of any land, prosperity, & future self-determination prospects of our motherland. because we lost (& continue 2 lose), we r disrespected everywhere n the world.

i may b mistaken, but i believe this plays a major role n ur list of 10.

still, kudos 2 u 4 bringing this much needed topic 2 the table. well done! :terrific:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaa7
If the responses to my post were not so ridiculously sad, they would be funny. I don't mind being attacked, ridiculed or called name, but it would be nice to have those attacks based on facts and not childish emotions. I know the truth can hurt, but instead of attacking the messenger, why not examine the message? If you do not agree with the message then attack the message with facts to support your attack - be specific.

Let's examine a few points in my post. Do Black people send their children to the enemy for their education? - YES! Do Black people allow them and their children to live in ghettos? - YES! Do Black people allow them and their children to populate the prisons and court system? - YES! YES! YES! YES! You get my drift?

It's said that the first step to solving a problem is to admit there is a problem, then identify the problem so it may be corrected. From the responses to my post, one would think Black foks didn't have a problem.

Zacharias - with the exception of what am I doing for Nubian children, your questions are irrelevent to my post. As to what am I doing for the children, I'm attempting to do the only thing that will help them - build a free and independent Nation of our own.

roarin1 - how does that type of love help the children?

$$RICH$$ - thank you for the welcome. How does unconditional love help anyone? Unconditional love is a sign of insanity. That is the kind of insanity that keeps a woman holding onto a no-good man who continues to mistreat her. No, real love has requirements that must be adhered to. You hear it said that Black people have a self-hatred for themselves and Black people need to love themselves. Could it be that Black people just really don't understand what love is, and therefore don't understand how to do it? I look forward to your facts and findings.

darkreign - it's not about everything being Black owned or government - it's about doing everything in your power to create a better enviornment for you and your children. What criteria or standard do you use to determine love? No, I don't use hopitals or doctors - a sick body is evidence of a sick mind. Arrogant, maybe, but the facts are the facts, like them or not.

Amnat77 - what does my post have to do with religion? It's as though you didn't even read it. I understand how you may feel toward organized religion and your feelings are probably justified; but as the saying goes - don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Fire can be destructive and inflict horrible pain, but fire is also capable of keeping you warm on a cold night. It's all about how it is used, and religion is no different. Freedom for a group of people requires team-work and said team must have certain standards and guidelines - those standards and guidlines are often referred to as religion.

Cursed Heart - what does being African have to do with it? No, I'm not African, I am a Black man. Your name "Cursed Heart" says a lot about you.

Know the truth, then act on the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

If you have a better solution than having a free and indepent Nation of our own, bring it forth. We should be about solotions and if the time spent on these forums is not about solutions then it's really a sad waste of time.

I'll be free, I'll be free,
And none shall deny,
With fetters and chains,
This spirit of mine.......
By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings

In all due respect for your assesment of the issues that affect all of us in one degree or another, our awakening as a people will happen in the same fashion; by degrees. All of us do not suffer in the same fashion mentally, culturally, economically or educationally...not to forget spiritually; therefore our solutions will vary according to the illness we may be suffering from. In other words, there is no "ONE THING" per se that is going to address what we are going through. What woke me up may not be the same for someone else. What is healing me may not be the same for someone else. The degree of our destruction was done in a 360 degree fashion. It took many years to bring about and as such, our healing may be the same.

The idea that you or someone else may have healed simply means that you can aid someone else to heal. It means that you can allow someone else to see what they may not see...But we love our children, maybe not as we should and possibly can, but we love them according to our degree of consciousness, which in itself cannot be disregarded or disrespected.Now as our consciousness improves so will the degree to which we love our children. Now in terms of Yahovah Allah? It becomes very difficult to speak with anyone about a creator when the very "defining language" you use for your Creator did not originate with us or by us in terms of our Ancestors. Furthermore, I would gladly co-sign anything you say if you could just pull up "One Magnificent" civilization or artifact from your Israelite civilization that extends beyond 5,000 b.c. If you can not, then obviously there's a problem somewhere....and it ain't with me.

Peace.

PurpleMoons said:
Thats a very Honorable testimony of your life experience, Elder taaa! I also see it as a guide to the many accomplishments we can make, once our mind is clear on what it is we need to do.

What I find interesting though, is your first presentation of relaying this message ( Why is it that Black People Do Not Love Their Children?) . It is a message BP have been hearing from non-Blacks every since they were old enough to understand words. Then to hear your own regurgitate it as if, they don't know and understand the challenge it has been for BP. It's a bit of a mockery. It only reaffirms the conditioning that still exist in our minds, and it is deep.

Although I understand the strategy behind it to motivate a people that seems to be stuck at go, it is a message which only the choir will internalize and appreciate. I say this because the masses still view it like salt in a opened wound and become very defensive to it.

You stated, "you could have been a better father if you knew how to then." And I believe that is where many of us fall short. We haven't learned how to be better. You are addressing a generation whose grand parents kept information from their children. They did this because they believed they was protecting them somehow. Then the off-spring of those children were left without many answers because their parents just didn't have them to provide. Next, was the distributions of drugs into the Black neighborhoods, which furthered this lack of understanding, bringing forth the conditions of the Black mind today. So yes, we too can be blamed for some of the ills, but not fully, because it was by no coincidence we've come to this point.

I wholeheartly believe, that those who have a message to help the masses, need a better presentation. One that addresses the masses with a unconditional love and understanding, for many are indeed lost. To kick your people while they are already down, "to me," defeats the purpose of one trying to uplift them. I mean, do you really believe Black People don't see the condition we are in, and/or not heard those type of degrading remarks we use as motivation to move us in a direction we need to be going?

We need to speak on the condition of Black people where it lies, which is in the hearts and mind. Yes, it may be emotionally based, but nonetheless, that is where it is. Although we have not witnessed the abuse of our Ancestors, it is still with us today as if we were there. We must talk, relate, and understand our pain before we can take actions, if we are to do it successfully. Is this not the process it took you before you were motivated to do better? We also must keep in mind we are all on different levels of understanding, and must present awareness in a way all will be able to relate.

I know something needs to be done to move us off the pity pot. I don't see how kicking and blaming has proven to be a successful method. I just see Black People blaming and kicking even harder at folks who use this method. Maybe I'm not looking at this on a grander scale, I dunno? But I'm looking at it, and this is what I see. (Black against Black)

YES, my sister I could not have said it better, very well put:toast:

Keita said:
Quote:

In all due respect for your assesment of the issues that affect all of us in one degree or another, our awakening as a people will happen in the same fashion; by degrees. All of us do not suffer in the same fashion mentally, culturally, economically or educationally...not to forget spiritually; therefore our solutions will vary according to the illness we may be suffering from. In other words, there is no "ONE THING" per se that is going to address what we are going through. What woke me up may not be the same for someone else. What is healing me may not be the same for someone else. The degree of our destruction was done in a 360 degree fashion. It took many years to bring about and as such, our healing may be the same.

The idea that you or someone else may have healed simply means that you can aid someone else to heal. It means that you can allow someone else to see what they may not see...But we love our children, maybe not as we should and possibly can, but we love them according to our degree of consciousness, which in itself cannot be disregarded or disrespected.Now as our consciousness improves so will the degree to which we love our children. Now in terms of Yahovah Allah? It becomes very difficult to speak with anyone about a creator when the very "defining language" you use for your Creator did not originate with us or by us in terms of our Ancestors. Furthermore, I would gladly co-sign anything you say if you could just pull up "One Magnificent" civilization or artifact from your Israelite civilization that extends beyond 5,000 b.c. If you can not, then obviously there's a problem somewhere....and it ain't with me.

Peace.

Thanks for your comments. What you say about "solutions will vary according to the illness" may be true if one is talking about individuals, but not when talking about a group as a whole. Your observation about "degrees" of awaking is right on point.

About "Yahovah Allah", I give a brief explanation in Post # 50 of this thread.

As far as "terms" originating or not orignating with us - how do you know what originated when or where or from whom? You don't even know where you originated from - no one does. The only thing we know is that one day we became conscious of the fact that we were here. We don't know where we come from and we don't where we go when we leave here. Those are just the fact. What we do know is that we have use of certain powers to do with as we see fit. No one knows where said power comes from, so we have thousands of different made up stories explaining the power - most of which includes some high deity - there's over 2,850 known deities. We don't even know what physical mother and father we come from, we only know what we have been told - and even with DNA, there's a possibility of error. So, since there was no creation before creation, there is no one who can speak of a Creator from first-hand knowledge of said Creator. What we do know is that we are here and we have the power to make things happen - for better or worse. So, it's not about the Creator, and it's not about the ancestors - it's about what are we going to do with the power we have?

We all came to this juncture in life from different paths. Some of us came from royalty, some of us didn't. Some of us came from greatness, some of us didn't. It doesn't really matter unless one wants to think of himself/herself as better or less than another person. The word "Magnificent" is like beauty - it's in the eyes of the beholder. If you came from so-called "royalty" or from a "Magnificent" civilization, would that make you better, or above someone who didn't?

It's not about class - it's about freedom, justice, and equality. We can stay divided over "non-provable" issues or we can unite for a "real" cause of freedom, justice, and equality.

I'll be free, I'll be free,
And none shall deny,
With fetters and chains,
This spirit of mine.......
By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back