Black People : Why are Whites insisting that they are African?

@ omawale "thousands of years of cultural continuity" says who?

When you look at a culture on the outside that is the outsider opinion. Yes China has more unity than Africa, and more cultural unity but someone made that happen or do you think all those 1.5 billion people spoke like you and it happened? Someone put them under one cultural banner. How did Israel become a nation state? So lets get rid of the silly borders and get to work.

Ethiopia has never had any cultural interruptions, it is the oldest continuous world culture from the time of Aksum. Ups and downs like everyone else.

@ Kemistry. Well 98% of our genes are the same as Apes what should we do with the apes? I dont think Western science has the responsibility of influencing sociology. And race is human behavior, not DNA and mitochondria. Please go and read stuff about DNA and see the numerous mutations that exist M55 markers, M35 marks etc to see that Europeans have a sub-set of genetic information from Africa. Africans have DNA to code the entire world, while Europeans cannot code Africans. We have the blue print of all humanity (genome project). Europeans come from an Arab or Central Asia stock. Arabs come from an African stock. Europeans have the less genetic info, while Africans have the broadest gentic diversity. So much so that an Ethiopian and a guy from the Congo have more variations between them than a Central Asian and a Japanese. All the research is there beyond yak yak yak. Books have been published on this if you read you will find. Start with "In the Blood" by the Dawkins .
@ Evolution. Yes evolution is a heavy word and best avoided. Creation is better. But Whites were not created by God. ONLY AFRICANS (getting deep). Read the Bible. God only made 1 man, and woman. And that 1st man was created directly be God and that man was an African genetically. Now everyone else is a great grand child of this original man.

This is why I asked you to leave the science to the scientists.

:em0200:

@ omawale "thousands of years of cultural continuity" says who?

When you look at a culture on the outside that is the outsider opinion. Yes China has more unity than Africa, and more cultural unity but someone made that happen or do you think all those 1.5 billion people spoke like you and it happened? Someone put them under one cultural banner. How did Israel become a nation state? So lets get rid of the silly borders and get to work.
Ethiopia has never had any cultural interruptions, it is the oldest continuous world culture from the time of Aksum. Ups and downs like everyone else.

@ Kemistry. Well 98% of our genes are the same as Apes what should we do with the apes? I dont think Western science has the responsibility of influencing sociology. And race is human behavior, not DNA and mitochondria. Please go and read stuff about DNA and see the numerous mutations that exist M55 markers, M35 marks etc to see that Europeans have a sub-set of genetic information from Africa. Africans have DNA to code the entire world, while Europeans cannot code Africans. We have the blue print of all humanity (genome project). Europeans come from an Arab or Central Asia stock. Arabs come from an African stock. Europeans have the less genetic info, while Africans have the broadest gentic diversity. So much so that an Ethiopian and a guy from the Congo have more variations between them than a Central Asian and a Japanese. All the research is there beyond yak yak yak. Books have been published on this if you read you will find. Start with "In the Blood" by the Dawkins .

@ Evolution. Yes evolution is a heavy word and best avoided. Creation is better. But Whites were not created by God. ONLY AFRICANS (getting deep). Read the Bible. God only made 1 man, and woman. And that 1st man was created directly be God and that man was an African genetically. Now everyone else is a great grand child of this original man.

In the case of China, the only people who "made it happen" were the Chinese themselves. Anyone can research Chinese history and go back to the Shang DYNASTY up the the Mongol invasions, to the British colonial era, to the Chinese Cultural Revolution, to the present day.

As far as Israel is concerned, that is a poor example. The presnt Israel was created thanks to Ralph Bunche, the British and the UN. It had cesed to exist as a Kingdom thousands of years ago, and even as the Kingdom of Jerusalem, it was sacked by Saladin, and remains divided between Jews, Muslims and Christians. It is in fact occupied Palestine/Canaan.

I am in agreement with the need for a unified Africa, but as a nation-state it will never happen. At most the OAU and now the AU will provide a framework for political unity, but economic and cultural unity will not happen because of Africa's diversity and uneven economic development.

Until you address the economic realities of Africa, you statements will stand as nothing more than rallying cries, with no real substance because these cries will not provide solutions to economic realities and the increasing scarity of human and natural resources.

http://www.africa.ufl.edu/asq/v3/v3i2a14.htm

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Effects-of-Global-Warming-in-Africa-41077.shtml

Africa is the continent that will suffer most under climate change. Temperature rise will trigger "sharp declines in crop yield in tropical regions", estimated at 5 to 10 % in Africa with an associated increase in undernourishment, malnutrition, malaria and related deaths.

50 % of all malnutrition-related deaths (4 million annually worldwide) occur in Africa, while a 2�C rise in temperature will increase the people affected by hunger, potentially by 30 to 200 million worldwide.

Globally, Africa and Western Asia will suffer the largest crop losses, while these regions are highly dependent on agriculture and have the largest limits in purchasing power. Conflict and violence triggered by scarce resources and famine will likely bring West Africa to socio-political instability. Even prosperous regions like the Cape will be touched, as millions of people will be displaced by drought and water shortages in the poorer areas.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/30642187/The-Effects-of-the-Transatlantic-Slave-Trade/

There is no collective definition as to what an African is. Then, there are not enough Africans to stand gaurd over that title.

Therefore anyone who wants to be African will consider himself to be so.

There does not need to be a collective definition. Even if I, as an individual, decided that nonblacks aren't African, then there is nothing that can be done about that. All people could do is disagree. I'm aware of the movement to steal African culture and resources by creating confusion in Black minds about who can be who, and I'm aware of the channels through which it's being done. It's like trying to make people feel as if they don't have the right to belong in their own home. Even as an individual I don't have to embrace such arrogance. Fortunately, I do not stand alone. All those of us who don't believe in allowing others to steal our identity have to do is say no...and, if necessary, be prepared to severe ties with those who continue to push the idea. If 10 percent of the world population can subdue the other 90 for ill purposes, then only a small number of Black/African people is needed to turn this mess around for the benefit of our Black/African progeny. It's about strategy.

Interesting that black Africans will accept white people as Africans before they accept black Americans as Africans. I've read this before on other pages and the outrage always came from Black Americans about whites wanting to be Africans.

Treat the white folks like real Africans or black folks and they will be RUNNING away from being called African and say 'OH GOD I MADE A MISTAKE, I AIN'T AFRICAN I'M WHITE!'

But when you look at this new trend of adopting everything black and African, including their children and the African dress - I'm not surprised they wanna take over Africa too. First you deminerlize, weaken it, exploit it - then create your way to come in, take it over, claim it, and then turn it into something great - like they do many of the inner city hoods and ghettos.

African women will accept a white man before they even accept a black American man - buying him African garb and that.

If an African wants to give Africa to the Chinese and the Whites - it's their loss. It's ours too but ain't nuthin I can do about. I ain't got the resources to help any of them. It's up to African who live in Africa to do something.

But go ahead and give it away like we are doing parts of America. The Asians and Arabs already owns a hella lotta parts of America.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back