Black People : Why are Whites insisting that they are African?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ocacia, May 1, 2010.

1. ocacia

ocacia Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +89
    All of a sudden Whites (especially those in SA) are saying they are Africans

Partly our fault because we let people pull the blinds over our eyes day and night. As oppose to be rushing to claim Blackness or blackness we should be calling ourselves by our proper name AFRICAN or AFRIKAN.

Also we do not realize Whites do not do anything unless it profits their race. So let us be smart and not think like children and understand why we became black and then how we all became African. Here is an example.

"Africa for the Africans at home and Abroad" - Garvey.

Now you and I know Garvey dam didn't mean any White people. But these statement has Whites in SA jumping up and Sayin "Yes YES YES". Some of us are so stupid we buy into this rainbow to our detriment.

a good article on who is an African
    http://www.africanholocaust.net/news_ah/africanrace.html

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    because except in small pockets of the entire continent,
    we put,
    religion,
    nation,
    or tribe,
    before race.

When we put race
    as the main criteria of unity and collective concern, since cause we are all catching hell,
    then our collective problems become,
    apparent,
    and our collective solutions become imperative!

3. ocacia

Ratings:
    +89
    Took me a long time but...

You know What Ankur, after long long long consideration (2 sec) I have to say YES.

But i wish IT WASN'T like that. but reality tells me IT HAS TO BE LIKE THAT. The minute South African is more important than African you will find yourself in bed with Whites who are also "South African". You say "We South Africans need..."
    at the expense of We Africans. Hence why Xenophobia never bothered the Whites in SA.

4. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    They say it because we've allowed it via the Out of Africa theory. They say it because use of 'Africa/African' (without making them synonymous with race and blackness) can be debated strictly in terms of nationalism, and therefore, they figure, because they have occupied the land space (albeit controversial means), they can call themselves this--especially if it will give them free access to the resources. Other nonblacks are attempting to line up to take over where whites have left off. Only Black resistance, intolerance, and self-love will put an end to the arrogance and send all invaders back from whence they came.

5. ocacia

Ratings:
    +89
    acc to the article posted I understand this:

When people left Africa they left as Africans not as White people. The process of 1000 of years changed those original people. Hence no White person was created by the African sun, or the African land.

I dont agree on "chasing them out of Africa" after all we live in Europe and the world is what it is : diverse. And you might think i am going soft but think realistically. How you going to do that? What about the people in North Africa? Because before we jump and use the "invader" status we will find that does not apply to the majority of Arabized people in North Africa. Many groups have mixed 8000 years ago, so how do we kick them out?

As long as we have the power, the wealth I really dont care where they live, let them stay and sow the seed and harvest the crop

6. Blaklioness

Ratings:
    +1,812

I said nothing about it being an easy task. Arabs are invaders...doesn't matter how long they've been in that territory. However, if you are going to go down this road, then you need to be prepared to deal with the full journey. There are two primary ways they are attempting to attach themselves to the term: out of Africa (ancient) AND settlement/invasion (current) of the land. Either way, they are using it, as you yourself admitted, to gain 'legitimate' access to the resources without feeling they need to repay, and either way, they've had 'black' accomplices to help them feel as if they have/had 'rights' to do so. "Black" and "African" must be understood to be synonymous.

7. ocacia

Ratings:
    +89
    I guess if you use one you better use the other, but never use them together. (black African, cuz then they say White African).

I do not agree at all with the Arab invasion. Because that does not explain the people in Morocco with African blood. Very few Northerners are actually Arab. They have been Arabized. like we have been Europeanized (kindda).

I am not going to ask people with African blood to leave Africa. And What about Madagascar? And Yemen? And the Sinai, where do we draw this boundary and what makes someone African ( I know Whites are not African and Indians are not African and Arabs are not African) but what about Berbers? And the Turag of Libya? The Tamshak, Jebala etc?

And does this means we have to leave America? After spending all those years building it? And What about the Caribbean what should we do?

It is not easy so that is why I need to understand

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

ocacia,

This issue you have raised, Why are Whites insisting that they are African, is very serious and requires robust discussion in our community. Our Brother, Afrodaze1, started a profound dialogue below, which attempts to hit it head on:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61565

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48634

9. Blaklioness

Ratings:
    +1,812
    You probably should have just left this door closed.:10500:

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,073
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Rea Truth!

Sister Blaklioness...we are not beyond agreeing to disagree, which is to say, we may not always line up on the facts; it is not to say that we cannot lock hands and walk in the same direction of Black Unity, correct? For example, you and I agree on quite a bit, the end result should be about the collective, not the individual(s). Let's continue the discussion and let the chips fall were they may.