Black Parenting : Which parent gives "the talk" to who?

Quite a lot is being said with the fact that your Dad is the only man your mother ever dated. In that historical fact is almost everything you needed to know. I think the problem is that the world through media aims so much of its artillery at the youth that parents cannot just live the answers.. they have to get literal and combat the images and ideas being hurled at their kids.. and that's a hell of a task.

I was a kid...I was not looking at historical facts...I was looking past what my parents were doing and at the little boy who I was soon going to lose my virginity too.

Greetings again Msinterpret...

Sis I know that u'd rather have your daughter's Dad to give her the talk. But if he's not comfortable doing it...I would sugguest u might ask your male realitive do it. I'd also sugguest that u go through the talk with him before he presents it to your daughter. If your are not comportable with oneof them doing it then u might ask them the questions your daughter wants to know. The point is....she should also have the talk from a male standpoint.

Lilpea..:1on1:

Greetings again Msinterpret...

Sis I know that u'd rather have your daughter's Dad to give her the talk. But if he's not comfortable doing it...I would sugguest u might ask your male realitive do it. I'd also sugguest that u go through the talk with him before he presents it to your daughter. If your are not comportable with oneof them doing it then u might ask them the questions your daughter wants to know. The point is....she should also have the talk from a male standpoint.

Lilpea..:1on1:

I wouldnt be comfortable with one of my male relatives doing it.

As parents we have to do things that we don't want to do sometimes...It's called making sacrifices....I don't expect someone else who is not my child's father to take the responsibility of what should be her father's.
This isn't about me, it's about my child and what is best for her. And what is best is her father's loving advice.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back