Black Parenting : Is an Abusive Parent none or all of our business?

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by Asomfwaa, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    It's easier said than done, but I witnessed the abuse of a child in a public space so I confronted the Mother, yet following the confrontation, I realized that abuse and keeping to one's own are well ingrained in our community--disarmingly well ingrained.

What I witnessed was a woman forcing a child to swallow a pill for the child's recurring illness. I made it a point to glare at the woman. She then asked me "What are you looking at?" and I remarked how she looked abusive. She then went on to say that going to the Hospital is abusive, paying taxes is abusive and "my style" is abusive, to the delight of others in the public space. The child however wasn't entertained. She was being punched and forced to swallow a pill that induced vomit and tears from her.

Brave as I was, I neglected to put to words that the child's illness was caused by her diet and the pills i.e. beyond physical abuse the Mother was also abusing the child's health and I beat myself up for this failure. But hearing others after the woman left, they all agreed that the child should take pills--which shows how ingrained abuses are--and they all agreed that the child should be forced to take the pill or else the child should be beaten. In essence, the Mother's only problem to most people was doing what she was doing in public.

A close friend told me it was none of my business. Yet clearly it's an epidemic judging by observation. So is it really none of our business or all of our business? No, I'm not going to the hospital with the little girl, yet her whole reason for going to the hospital is because we as a Community don't inform ourselves that eating healthier produces a healthier people!

2. Adisa Hendrix

Adisa Hendrix Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +42
    Do you have a child?

3. Adisa Hendrix

Ratings:
    +42
    You have a serious problem with women.

I hope you ain't the *** that did false reporting on me!

A child is accused of SPITTING on another child in school...he deserves to be reprimanded.

Only a member of NAMBLA would judge a mother yelling at her child as being anything different.

4. Adisa Hendrix

Ratings:
    +42
    And because of fools like you, I'm more vigilant and homeschool my child.

Go on and call Social Services if you feel that there is something stupid going on!

5. Asomfwaa

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Not yet.

6. Adisa Hendrix

Ratings:
    +42
    Of course... you have all the mouth and vigilance, yet you don't even have a child.

The people in my community are calling 9-1-1 every time there is a suspicious person around their apartments or mailboxes to make sure there aren't anymore molested children!

7. Adisa Hendrix

Ratings:
    +42
    How many babies have you killed because you don't have a penis big enough to handle a BLACK WOMAN of any size?!

8. Asomfwaa

Ratings:
    +2,564
    I don't think that I do . . ..

I don't think that I am . . ..

I suppose so. But what's the reprimand, exactly?

It's very awkward how in America yelling at children is very normal. I've stepped inside of an elementary school where children are yelled at left and right. But I don't see what NAMBLA has to do with this.

Are you alright?

9. Asomfwaa

Ratings:
    +2,564
    . . ..

10. Asomfwaa

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Alright. That's interesting and all. But it seems like another issue altogether.