Black People : What Things Have Hindered Black Progress

[QUOTE="Blackbird, post: 863362, member: 3986" I will deal with your answer very shortly. You may not like the answer but that doesn't mean it is invalid. Also, I will say I was raised from birth to age 14 by a grandmother who only had a 6th grade education.

My mom was present but she worked two maid jobs and went to college so her influence wasn't as great as my grandmother's. My grandmother being an older Black lady in the rural south spoke African American Vernacular English. I am also a high school dropout. I got my GED because my mom and dad forced me to go to Job Corps at age 18. From the time I was 13 up to 19, I was an active gang member in a city that had the highest per capita murder rate in the country when I was 16 and 17. Nothing special.

However, my command of the English language is greater than the average American whether white or Black. I actually wrote my wife's law school entrance letter which the admissions advisor stated was one of the best letters he had seen in his 10 years as an advisor.

I went from being raised in a poverty stricken area of the rural South to being a high school dropout and gangbanger to getting a GED to having a respectable ACT score of 32 and a touted SAT score of 1985 to becoming a college graduate to working as a private banker and investment advisor to high net worth clientèle in corporate America to being a self employed relatively well to do business person.

How did that happen? I don't know. Luck, aptitude, who knows? At the end of the day, I am just a poor Black country boy from Louisiana that enjoys speaking colloquial Black English but can code switch based on the circumstances.

Like many Black children, I was written off in grade school and honestly, I mentally dropped out in the ninth grade. School became a place to go because it was compulsory. I had to deal with school counselors that wanted me to go to trade schools or who would rather push the equally struggling white boy over me.

I received disciplinary action at a greater frequency than my classmates who committed the same offenses. I remember during the Rodney King trial being told by classmates that I was just mad because I reported one to the teacher for talking too loud while I was taking a test. Of course, the teacher did nothing which prompted the Rodney King comment. Seconds later, another classmate taking the test in the same area blurted out "Joel, shut up!" The teacher at that moment told Joel to be quiet.

I would receive failing grades based on attitude and not class performance. I learned that class attitude received greater weighting on scoring grades than passing tests. One teacher even went so far as to deduct points from my grade because of the behavior of the only other Black male in the class. I didn't accept this passively and told her that she could not hold me accountable for the actions of another simply because we were friends.

I told my friend that it was also an insult to him because she was saying in essence that he was too dumb to be held responsible for his own actions. We were in high school. Afterwards in class, the teacher berated my friend so badly that he decided to quit and go to an alternative school. She basically told him that he wasn't capable to perform at the level he was in and that his best bet was to learn a trade. I have plenty of these instances I can pull from.

The Black educational experience is not nearly as amiable as the white experience and if you believe this to be true, I have a private island in the UAE I can sell you for $3.00.

I had rage coupled with some household changes like the death of my grandmother, my primary care giver and my mom's subsequent marriage to a guy I didn't like, and the rising violence in city so I sought solace in gang life. I felt hopeless and I responded with violent behavior. Shootouts and car chases was how I numbed the pain and channeled my anger as well as attempted to gain some power and control.

I became excited at the fear I could give random white people who had already prejudged me even before I started gang banging. The rush of adrenaline in instances of fight or flight gave me a high. Before white folks could call me nxgger with impunity but during my gang days, calling me a nxgger or treating me like one would find the perpetrator on the opposite end of a 40 caliber. I could see the whites of their eyes widen with fear as they never suspected that to be the result.

As a 12 year old child, still innocent and hopeful with nothing but going to the mall to meet girls, I would walk across the cross walk of a busy intersection in the middle of the day and hear white folks locking their car doors.

I had no gun and no intent to do anything wrong but my color made me suspect. At 14, I gave self righteous white people a reason to lock doors. Of course, my rage was ultimately directed at my own kind and beefing with dudes from a rival neighborhood was my full time job, even at school. There was no point for school other than that. I became the worst nightmare for plenty of people.

I became the overt expression of the young Black male experience - wild, ignorant and unpredictable. I was what America made me. It is not fun getting searched or accosted by police at a young age simply because you are Black and look suspicious - not because you did anything wrong or broke the law.

The law you broke was the unofficial one of being Black at the wrong time. Treated as a criminal before becoming one or being treated as a failure in life before being a failure is the best way to create a fulfilling prophecy.[/QUOTE]

But by virtue of being literate, numerate and intelligent you had the tools that allowed you to subsequently break out of that so desperately downward spiral, whereas there are many people in our community who don't have those tools or ANY support from family and friends at all, what chance do they stand within the mainstream mis-education minefield?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

[QUOTE="Chinelo, post: 868178, member: 23585" Ignorance and Denial Of History and Present day.[/QUOTE] Which means what or are you or anyone in this thread going to specific as to exactly how our lower echelons/underclass are any more lost/consistently STUPID than the USA's White Trash?

Wouldn't you agree that the TRUTH is that we peoples of African ethnicity in the USA , the rest of the Diaspora and Africa are all frontline soldiers in a War that has NEVER EVER been openly declared then or now by THESE despicably cowardly Semetic/White PARASITES, just very very efficiently waged/they JUST DO IT?

Nubia/Khemet/Egypt battled and resisted the Semitic hordes for 2 Millennia but from the moment Alexander the Macedonian peasant overran Khemet we've been losing this WAR, with the situation becoming a rout when Augustus [Julius Caesar's nephew, heir and history's most maliciously EVIL VANDAL] deliberately destroyed/had dismantled Khemet's most spectacular Pyramid at Abu Rawash, which you've never heard of, have YOU?

This so deliberate piece of cultural vandalism was done to DELETE DJEDEFRAH from history as this African Pharaoh is now acknowledged as the builder of the Sphinx which honours his father Khufu [who built the Great Pyramid at Giza]; and as exemplified by the murderous carnage in Darfur and the Congo TODAY and the inane stupidity of the way those CLOWNS Goodluck and Zuma allowed Africa’s greatest ever Arab benefactor Gaddafi and his regime to be slaughtered by NATO in 2011, we're still in BIG trouble/losing this WAR, aren't WE?

Wishing this WAR away hasn't worked for the African collective in the USA, UK, the rest of the Diaspora and Africa for the last 500 years because Slavery and Colonialism didn't so much end as evolve into the current reality of White/European Socio-economic domination of every area of human activity in the 21st century; so why are WE expecting the so murderous chaos in our communities and countries to improve in the near future?

Haven't most of our Socio-economic elite/leadership been very very efficiently programmed to be subservient AUTOMATONS totally mis-educated into consciously embracing being Super-Macho Menials trapped in the CRETIN ZONE, thus making sure that what was our so catastrophic all pervasive defeat of the last 500 years can carry on being what is, in the 21st century?

Our African ancestors [and their siblings who were tortured, mutilated and murdered for either refusing to be BROKEN, or to traumatize the rest of us into total subservience] were very brutally separated from their names, language, culture and true history which is why our communities in the UK, USA and the rest of the Diaspora are STILL in the main socio-economically dysfunctional from top to bottom; along with our countries in Africa still being trapped in total chaos/grinding poverty today, despite their abundance of natural resources, due to our leadership either being consistently naively CLUELESS. inept or parasitically TREACHEROUS.

There is a mountain of useful factual information that we peoples of African ethnicity need to ingest and digest if we’re going to even begin to deduce how to constructively develop ourselves and our communities in the 21st century, which is where our scholars/intelligentsia have come to our rescue, haven't THEY?

The Destruction of African Civilisation (Chancellor Williams), and Blacks in Science (Ancient & Modern), They Came before Columbus (Ivan van Sertima), Nile Vallely Contributions to Civilisation and the Browder Files I & II (Anthony T Browder) are all interesting and uplifting books that will fully update our knowledge of TRUE African history or can YOU suggest a more efficient method of purging the diverse range of so very malicious lies/Euro-centric GARBAGE from both our individaul and collective knowledge base?

Our spiritual/intellectual heavyweights can attempt Dr Frances Cress Welsing’s book The Isis Papers - The Key to the Colours, which is an in depth analysis of Racism and White Supremacy and all the relevant Symbols that pervades every aspect of our lives. Framces literally puts forward a program at the end of the book as to how to limit the damage done to us collectively as we attempt to survive in this blatantly hostile White Supremacist Racist environment.

Yurugu [An African Centred Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behaviour] by Marimba Ani, is the ultimately rigorous Spiritual and Intellectual workout, which literally leaves no stone unturned in its microscopic examination/dissection of Caucasians/Europeans/Whites and their psyche’s ongoing malevolence [being so consistently successful in subjugating the rest of the human family], towards both each other and the rest of Humanity.

Marimba highlights with examples exactly how the so fundamentally warped Platonic concept of “Objectivity” blended with Plato’s higher mind/limbic brain drivel has been utilized by the European collective ethos/asili to consciously discern themselves to be the head/brains/natural elite of Humanity; relegating the rest of the human family into “OBJECTS” [to be controlled/culled as they see fit], as opposed to human beings entitled to the same rights and privileges to enjoy their lives and prosper, as Europeans.

Yurugu-as defined by the Dogon of Mali = a being born prematurely without his female twin-soul. Realising that he was flawed and therefore deficient, forever incomplete, who was and is doomed to perpetually search for the completeness that could never be his/theirs.

How do the Dogon intuit/know so much about just how fundamentally twisted/unwell totally spiritually and intellectually alienated elitist AUTOMATONS/the assorted LUCIFERIAN LUNATICS inc/POWER ELITE/status quo [and their equally CLUELESS totally subservient lackeys/cohorts of many hues] so determined to turn this planet into a very real hell in the 21st century, are?

Isn't ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed

[QUOTE="Blackbird, post: 863362, member: 3986" I will deal with your answer very shortly. You may not like the answer but that doesn't mean it is invalid. Also, I will say I was raised from birth to age 14 by a grandmother who only had a 6th grade education.

My mom was present but she worked two maid jobs and went to college so her influence wasn't as great as my grandmother's. My grandmother being an older Black lady in the rural south spoke African American Vernacular English. I am also a high school dropout. I got my GED because my mom and dad forced me to go to Job Corps at age 18. From the time I was 13 up to 19, I was an active gang member in a city that had the highest per capita murder rate in the country when I was 16 and 17. Nothing special.

However, my command of the English language is greater than the average American whether white or Black. I actually wrote my wife's law school entrance letter which the admissions advisor stated was one of the best letters he had seen in his 10 years as an advisor.

I went from being raised in a poverty stricken area of the rural South to being a high school dropout and gangbanger to getting a GED to having a respectable ACT score of 32 and a touted SAT score of 1985 to becoming a college graduate to working as a private banker and investment advisor to high net worth clientèle in corporate America to being a self employed relatively well to do business person.

How did that happen? I don't know. Luck, aptitude, who knows? At the end of the day, I am just a poor Black country boy from Louisiana that enjoys speaking colloquial Black English but can code switch based on the circumstances.

Like many Black children, I was written off in grade school and honestly, I mentally dropped out in the ninth grade. School became a place to go because it was compulsory. I had to deal with school counselors that wanted me to go to trade schools or who would rather push the equally struggling white boy over me.

I received disciplinary action at a greater frequency than my classmates who committed the same offenses. I remember during the Rodney King trial being told by classmates that I was just mad because I reported one to the teacher for talking too loud while I was taking a test. Of course, the teacher did nothing which prompted the Rodney King comment. Seconds later, another classmate taking the test in the same area blurted out "Joel, shut up!" The teacher at that moment told Joel to be quiet.

I would receive failing grades based on attitude and not class performance. I learned that class attitude received greater weighting on scoring grades than passing tests. One teacher even went so far as to deduct points from my grade because of the behavior of the only other Black male in the class. I didn't accept this passively and told her that she could not hold me accountable for the actions of another simply because we were friends.

I told my friend that it was also an insult to him because she was saying in essence that he was too dumb to be held responsible for his own actions. We were in high school. Afterwards in class, the teacher berated my friend so badly that he decided to quit and go to an alternative school. She basically told him that he wasn't capable to perform at the level he was in and that his best bet was to learn a trade. I have plenty of these instances I can pull from.

The Black educational experience is not nearly as amiable as the white experience and if you believe this to be true, I have a private island in the UAE I can sell you for $3.00.

I had rage coupled with some household changes like the death of my grandmother, my primary care giver and my mom's subsequent marriage to a guy I didn't like, and the rising violence in city so I sought solace in gang life. I felt hopeless and I responded with violent behavior. Shootouts and car chases was how I numbed the pain and channeled my anger as well as attempted to gain some power and control.

I became excited at the fear I could give random white people who had already prejudged me even before I started gang banging. The rush of adrenaline in instances of fight or flight gave me a high. Before white folks could call me nxgger with impunity but during my gang days, calling me a nxgger or treating me like one would find the perpetrator on the opposite end of a 40 caliber. I could see the whites of their eyes widen with fear as they never suspected that to be the result.

As a 12 year old child, still innocent and hopeful with nothing but going to the mall to meet girls, I would walk across the cross walk of a busy intersection in the middle of the day and hear white folks locking their car doors.

I had no gun and no intent to do anything wrong but my color made me suspect. At 14, I gave self righteous white people a reason to lock doors. Of course, my rage was ultimately directed at my own kind and beefing with dudes from a rival neighborhood was my full time job, even at school. There was no point for school other than that. I became the worst nightmare for plenty of people.

I became the overt expression of the young Black male experience - wild, ignorant and unpredictable. I was what America made me. It is not fun getting searched or accosted by police at a young age simply because you are Black and look suspicious - not because you did anything wrong or broke the law.

The law you broke was the unofficial one of being Black at the wrong time. Treated as a criminal before becoming one or being treated as a failure in life before being a failure is the best way to create a fulfilling prophecy.
[/QUOTE] But by virtue of being literate, numerate and intelligent you had the tools that allowed you to subsequently break out of that so desperately downward spiral, whereas there are many people in our community who don't have those tools or ANY support from family and friends at all, what chance do they stand within the mainstream mis-education minefield?

Are you going to address/answer this question [above]?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed

There is no progress due to lack of leadership, lack of cohesiveness in message as to what is acceptable behavior of our people, lack of independent resources, and lack of unity.

We had seasons where being black was self realized, was acted upon, and celebrated within its culture... and at each turn, the mutant found a way to integrate themselves into the movement, into the conversation, and corrupt the culture. Because of the lack of segregation of thought and living conditions, as well as lack of protections which other ethnic groups have against racist ideas, we are allowed to take the negative within ourselves and relish in the festering of it.

[QUOTE="Deacs, post: 869486, member: 33014" There is no progress due to lack of leadership, lack of cohesiveness in message as to what is acceptable behavior of our people, lack of independent resources, and lack of unity.

We had seasons where being black was self realized, was acted upon, and celebrated within its culture... and at each turn, the mutant found a way to integrate themselves into the movement, into the conversation, and corrupt the culture.

Because of the lack of segregation of thought and living conditions, as well as lack of protections which other ethnic groups have against racist ideas, we are allowed to take the negative within ourselves and relish in the festering of it.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn’t it be great if merely the peoples of African ethnicity uniting worldwide would STOP the rest of Humanity consistently pursuing what they perceive to be their best interests, usually to both our individual and collective detriment?

Can YOU or anyone else care to explain ALL the White on White conflicts like the USA’s own war for independence and civil war, a blight [that very few European countries haven’t experienced at some time or other in their history with many of the USA’S overly inbred WASPS still sulking TODAY] of far worse severity than what is happening in Syria TODAY, and what about the nearly 70 million whites exterminated like vermin in the industrialized carnage that was White on White World Wars I & II and various other 20th century conflicts, as opposed to the covert despicably cowardly ongoing African HOLOCAUST?

Wouldn't you agree that the TRUTH is that we peoples of African ethnicity in the UK, USA, the rest of the Diaspora and Africa are all frontline soldiers in a War that has NEVER EVER been openly declared then or now by THESE truly despicably cowardly Semitic/White PARASITES, just very very efficiently waged/they JUST DO IT?

Nubia/Khemet/Egypt’s Nubian Pharaoh’s battled and resisted the Semitic hordes for millennia but from the moment Alexander the Macedonian peasant overran Khemet we've been losing this so despicably cowardly but still undeclared WAR on Africa/Africans, with the situation becoming a rout when Augustus [Julius Caesar's nephew, heir and history's greatest VANDAL] deliberately destroyed Khemet's most spectacular Pyramid at Abu Rawash, which you've never heard of, have YOU?

This so deliberate piece of cultural vandalism was done to DELETE DJEDEFRAH from history as this African Pharaoh is now acknowledged as the builder of the Sphinx which honours his father Khufu [who built the Great Pyramid at Giza, a fact that should be general knowledge in all of our communities and countries]; and as exemplified by the murderous carnage in Darfur and the Congo TODAY and the inane stupidity of the way those CLOWNS Goodluck, Zuma and co allowed Africa’s greatest ever Arab benefactor Muamar Gaddafi and his regime to be slaughtered in Libya by NATO in 2011, we're still in BIG trouble/losing this WAR, aren't WE?

Wishing this WAR away hasn't worked for the African collective in the USA, the rest of the Diaspora and Africa for the last 500 years because Slavery and Colonialism didn't so much end as evolve into the current reality of White/European socio-economic domination in every area of human activity so why are WE expecting the chaos in our communities and countries to improve in the near future?

Isn't ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back