Black Spirituality Religion : What are your thoughts on whether metaphysics is inconsistent with your current belief system?

Hello Family!

My thinking is a little clearer now so I'd like to return to the faith vs. belief discussion that I so thoroughly botched before. :handsinair:So before I get started, let me say that all that follows is IMO.

In the context of metaphysics, I was mistaken to attempt to make a clear delineation between the two. Both faith and belief are predicated on accepting that something be true that cannot be seen except in the mind's eye. Both require an emotional commitment or "buy-in" that the result of the object of faith or belief is assured. I confused myself by trying in any way to separate the two.

What I wanted to convey is the difference between knowledge and knowing. I maintain that knowledge is something acquired like learning that you will burn yourself if you touch a hot stove. However, once you have actually had the experience of it, it becomes knowing. You know that if you touch a hot stove, you will be burned. So just learning something doesn't automatically make it knowing something. Unless you can use it, demonstrate it, experience it, it just remains intellectual and does not become knowing.

In metaphysics, the process of creating something is a similar one. Knowledge of the natural laws involved are learned. But once learned, they can be used to create whatever we pursue with commitment. One element of this process is to believe and never doubt the desired outcome (and this is always the hard part). After having experienced success using the natural laws that govern creation, when belief has become knowing, the outcome is assured.

Peace :heart:
:10500:i don't know.....

Greetings Family!

It’s good to be back with you! I would like to continue the discussion on the relevance of metaphysics to Black spirituality. But rather than pose another question, I would like to recommend an exercise that will demonstrate how to create using metaphysical principles. After all, actions always speak louder than words.

It is called the "10 Most Wanted List” and it is one of the “Methods for Practice” included in my book, The Church of the Cosmic Mother: Metaphysics for the African American Seeker.

Here’s how it works:

• Use a small notebook with plenty of pages so you can easily chart your progress over time

• Make a numbered list of the 10 things you MOST want right now
  • Rank them in order of how badly you want them with the thing you want most in the number one spot
  • Look at the list at least once every single day
  • Maintain the list: scrutinize the list daily and write “Thank You!” (I always write “Thank You, Goddess!”) each time you manifest an item then
  • Re-cast the list with the 10 things you now want most because you have received/achieved something and it has to be replaced
  • Cross out any entries that you decide you no longer want and re-cast the list
You can find further information about keeping a 10 Most Wanted List in the book and on my website (under construction):
www.afrometaphysics.org.

Peace!

Apologies if this was already addressed... I made it to page 7 and was concerned I'd lose my comment so....
i wish i knew. in my experience the underlying concept seems to be so treated as almost "mystic mumbo-jumbo" that the further valuable extrapolation doesn't quite rear it's so to be desired head. if you find some let me know?

I find that "mumbo jumbo" just means it didn't work for you. For many others metaphysics and existential thought is something that works for us... works strongly and very powerfully infact. But it's considered hooey by the less successful.

Shout out to JamesfromPhilly, my bornday- brother who stay crusty! I love that no matter how long I break your here still doing your thing!!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back