Black People Politics : WE DONT NEED ANOTHER BLACK PRESIDENT

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Ohio teacher tells African-American student: ‘We do not need another black president’

By David Edwards
Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:13 EST

sad_black_teen_shutterstock_58863992-615x345.jpg

A teacher in Ohio was suspended this week for allegedly telling an ambitious young African-American student that the country does “not need another black president.”
According to
The Cincinnati Enquirer, Gil Voigt was suspended without pay from Fairfield Freshman School on Monday, the first step necessary for termination. The teacher has 10 days to ask to for a hearing before the school board or a referee.
Superintendent Paul Otten
told the Journal-News that the incident occurred while Voigt was speaking to an African-American student who had presidential aspirations.
“We do not need another black president,” Voigt reportedly said.
“He was talking to some students and said some things that were racially insensitive,” Fairfield City Schools Board President Dan Murray explained. “We take diversity in our school district very seriously with tolerance of people who are different. We just felt this teacher had crossed the line.”
Voigt has also received four other reprimands in recent years, including one for an “inappropriate racial comment” in 2008.
The 13-year Freshman School teacher
makes a salary of $73,566, which is over $33,000 more than the average Ohio public school employee.
“Obviously we’re very disheartened to have this situation with any of our staff members,” Otten admitted. “It’s not something we’re proud of, and it’s something we must not tolerate.”

Last edited:
Only a cruel idiot would crush a child's dreams with a statement like that. I have been where he is

• Marcus Alexander Payne · Hamilton, Ohio
    i was in his class in 2008 - 2009 and i will testify to this day he belittles and make your life hell if he doesnt like you me and a friend failed his class because we were to "stupid to do any better" and he said w were troublesome all because we would talk before class actually started i think he needs to be fired and not allowed to teach ever again
    Reply · 5 · · December 24 at 4:52am

• Ember Johnson · Art Academy of Cincinnati
    I was one of this man's students and I absolutely could not tolerate him. Not only would he disrespect me, he tormented students, belittled them and their academic levels, blatantly blamed them for their misunderstanding of his conduct and was utterly disrespectful to me, my friends and other students through his actions and behavior. Any teacher who upon meeting tells the student's mother "I see where she gets her good looks from" and promptly makes that parent uncomfortable should be held accountable for those responses. This is nothing new but is unfortunate that action is now being out into place.

http://news.cincinnati.com/comments...2/312230095/Teacher-suspended-alleged-comment

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back