Black People Politics : Mitch McConnell Says Obama's Election Means We Don't Need Reparations

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

Mitch McConnell Says Obama's Election Means We Don't Need Reparations

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday dismissed the idea of modern-day reparations for slavery, arguing that civil rights legislation and former President Barack Obama’s election show they are unnecessary...

Amy Russo
HuffPost

I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time when I saw this. Laugh because I thought how stupid and overtly racist can you be? Cry, because this is the reality we so sadly find ourselves in and I wonder where this kind of thinking will lead us. "We" can't rely on politicians to fight these kinds of battles for us--not alone. Sadly, we can't rely on so-called Black leaders (who are they?) to do it for us either. Where is the public outcry? When AOC referred to the shenanigans happening to immigrants along the southern border as concentration camps, Jews immediately rose up and let the world know they were offended by that reference, as though it somehow diminished what happened to them during the holocaust and nothing could possibly compare to that. I wonder if Black people would have had the same reaction if she had referred to the situation as a plantation. Russian intervention into our election process isn't the only issue we have to worry about as we approach the 2020 presidential elections. Gerrymandering is an issue within the U.S. and those of us who vote (I hope ALL Black, eligible non-voters consider this election as an urgent need to act by voting) need to make sure you are registered and that you know your district and where to vote.

Laura Ingraham Dismisses Reparations: ‘No Do-Overs...We Won, You Lost, That’s That’

By Justin Baragona
The Daily Beast

:great:

Slavery reparations could carry a $17 trillion price tag

It’s unclear how a sum as potentially as large as $17.1 trillion would be financed. Darity’s research posits that it could be financed through additional taxes, or by issuing bonds; but Darity and Francis make clear that “African-Americans should not bear the tax burden of financing their own reparations payments.”

79892b50-e68d-11e8-9fff-31a933ada353

Kristin Myers
Yahoo Finance

Report: Sen. Mitch McConnell's family owned 14 slaves in Alabama

:censored: ... :picture:

Report: Sen. Mitch McConnell's family owned 14 slaves in Alabama

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has opposed paying the descendants of slaves reparations

Phillip M. Bailey
USA TODAY

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back