Black Sports : Upcoming Boxing Schedule

I don't disagree with the draw...But, I would have given the fight to Winky. Winky stood in there toe to toe and fought the man to almost being knocked out himself. :lol:

In the middle of the ring, it was Taylor's to win. With Taylor against the ropes, it was Winky's to win. I was very surprised at how many clean shots Winky got on Taylor in the corner and against the ropes. Hell, I thought Winky could have knocked Taylor out in the corner if he had enough power in his punches. He got off two combinations back to back without Taylor throwing one punch. And the ref was looking as if he was about to jump in there and stop the fight. I'm glad he didn't. Whew.

It was a good fight. I think Winky needs to abandon the thought of fighting toe to toe with the bigger guys. Taylor was moving Winky around the ring with one punch. With that happening, I can see why one judge would score it for Taylor. Other than that, Winky would have had all three judges in his favor.

kemetkind said:
Don't matter - Winky know he won't have as good a chance next time around so I'll be surprised if he fights JT again.

JT is still raw and has upside. Winky at 34 is only going down from here. You give steward another 6 months with JT and Winky might as well fuhhget about it!!!
I'd still like to see them fight again...although, I think Winky should leave Taylor be. Taylor was punching through Winky's guard. I didn't see that very much when Winky fought Tito or Sugar Shane.

They bumped heads a lot in the fight too...one that swole Taylor's left eye almost shut. That head butt could have caused Taylor the fight if Winky could have swollen in it bad enough with some straight right hands.

Winky tried to out man Taylor. I wouldn't choose that approach if they fight again. :lol:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back