Black Sports : Upcoming Boxing Schedule

I really like JT's new style of throwin'. The awkward "lunge jab" thing from his previous bouts just wasn't doing it for me. He came out trying to destroy bones this fight.
I agree; Winky knows he won't have another chance to win like that again. He looked like he was in agony after the fight as it was.

kemetkind said:
Don't matter - Winky know he won't have as good a chance next time around so I'll be surprised if he fights JT again.

JT is still raw and has upside. Winky at 34 is only going down from here. You give steward another 6 months with JT and Winky might as well fuhhget about it!!!

Kemet is obviously an Arkansas fan, but I do agree that JT will be dangerous if he works his "kinks" out. Taylor's talent is obvious, but he had an amatuer trainer. It took Emmanuel Steward a couple of fights to turn Lennox Lewis into a serious champ (unbeatable when focused) and it will probably take the same for JT.

I have to give it to Taylor. You can see the improvement from training with Steward. He's advancing for real.

Taylor looked so much bigger than Winky. I was surprised by that. And he was much stronger than Winky. That was obvious by the way he moved Winky around with just one punch.

Sefirot, you were right. Winky did look beat up afterwards. If there were a few more rounds, I think Taylor would have knocked him out. Those right hands were getting through Winky's guard.

I hope Mayweather makes that fight with Margarito. I haven't seen Margarito fight. But, this should be a good fight from what I'm hearing. They say everyone is ducking Margarito.

Cory Spinks won the 154 pound Junior Middleweight title on Saturday night by besting Roman Karmazin. Roman caught him a few times but Cory was able to get through it.

I really don't think Cory is learning how to think in the ring. His jab was working for him all night...as well as the straight left hand. If he had thrown the straight left hand more, he may have knocked Karmazin out. Cory got tired in the later rounds and had to run in the 12th to keep Karamazin from catching him and knocking him out.

I don't know if Cory will keep this belt for long in that weight division.

Next up, Mosley/Vargas II. If Vargas doesn't have an answer for Shane's right hand...and if Shane goes to that straight right hand early and often, Vargas may get knocked out.

Monetary said:
Cory Spinks won the 154 pound Junior Middleweight title on Saturday night by besting Roman Karmazin. Roman caught him a few times but Cory was able to get through it.

I really don't think Cory is learning how to think in the ring. His jab was working for him all night...as well as the straight left hand. If he had thrown the straight left hand more, he may have knocked Karmazin out. Cory got tired in the later rounds and had to run in the 12th to keep Karamazin from catching him and knocking him out.

I don't know if Cory will keep this belt for long in that weight division.

Next up, Mosley/Vargas II. If Vargas doesn't have an answer for Shane's right hand...and if Shane goes to that straight right hand early and often, Vargas may get knocked out.

Cory’s problem is a lack of power, I think the ref could let him use a baseball bat, and he still couldn’t KO anyone. He is a beautiful boxer, but you need some power to keep folk off you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back