Where we live at-I dont car about inter racial dating
Enough to spend days talking about it
Or talking about anal sex-Some of yall krazy
Hell to be honest maybe some people need something to do
I know yall dont want to hear that but its true
Yall Funny
And I aint about to go back and forth wit yall
So find another when yall read this!!!

I agree with Destee that the sexually themed postings may have begun to contradict what I thought was the main purpose of this site. When I came to this site I was impressed that it seemed to be place where sisters and brothers were trying to find answers to questions that have caused Black people to suffer more than any people who have ever walked the earth.

Books, movies, portraits, sculptures and websites tend to have a theme. I felt that the theme of Destee.com was to be a place where there would be communication between Blacks, geared towards finding solutions to the horrible reality that white racism, white supremacy and white domination was the greatest crime in human history, and we, and our ancestors, are/were its victims. I thought that we were here to teach each other how not to adapt to the victim mentality. I thought that we should come here trying to find a way to learn to truly love one another in a way that has nothing to do with sex. If you asked me, (i know...you didn't ask me) I would suggest that members who want to discuss sex should do so only in the relationship section.

I'm here trying to fix the madness that the white man has planted in my mind. I'm here trying to undo 700 years of racial programming. I'm here wondering if I have a clue how to truly relate to the the Black woman, mother of the earth, on a sexual level, when I know **** well, that that we have so many emotional, spiritual, psychological, cultural and economic issues that need to be addressed. Obviously there is a need to address the sexual realities of human relationships. Certainly there should be a place here for that. But for me, sexual themes are not at the top of my list, and graphic sexuality is absolutely inappropriate. (menstruation, big booty, little penis etc.)

I guess the question becomes, how much is too much?? So I guess it boils down to each persons personal determination about what constitutes too much. I personally think that the recent spike in sexually themed postings has taken up too much space here. A cake is supposed to be sweet but if you put too much sugar in it, it don't taste right. There will never be a way for all the individual sexual tolerances of various members to be met. So I guess the boss will have to set the limits(and i know she will).

Umoja Sasa! (unity now!),
Malik

Speaking as a young man, I have something to say, but not that much (depending on your definition of much!)

U just finished the FULL THREAD a few minutes ago, and I was reminded as too many things. One thing I can say that I learned since being in the Destee Family, is how to look at things from multiple angles and perspectives. Since being here, I learned to see the good and the bad, BEFORE I make final decisions and judgement calls. When I first came to Destee, I came as if I knew everything, and everyone else on here knew nothing, and they needed to listen to me if they wanted to learn something real. Because of that, I did not care much about building, encouraging, and embracing. Then of course, some of the 'elders' (Sistah Queenie for example) had to break me down, and let me know it was not like what I expected. Since then, I have had the chance to be a student and teacher, and I thank God for Destee and everyone here! Furthermore, as long as I have not applied for my Premium Membership yet, and as long as Destee STILL has me here despite that, I should not complain about ANYTHING that goes on here!

On one hand especially as it relates to Brother Malik's thread, I am a 'teachable' type of person. Moreover, I engage in education (spiritual, physical, self) more than anything else. I strive to learn something powerful everyday. As it relates to the subject, I do not care much for sex. Ever since reading the thread provided by Old Soul on Afrikan Sexuality, I have not really focused on it much. In addition, I look at it like this: Do you know why European sex is expressed more than Afrikan sex? Because we are in a nation where PLEASURE is GREAT! In America/Europe, sex is pleasure. Too many of us who don't know, engage in European sexuality by default, because we are born, raised, and grow up in America. What is the highest paid industry on the Internet? What programs are supported the most? Who makes the most money on Cable Television? All you have to do is put a girl with a bikini on your product, and you will make at least 30% more than you originally make. THAT is America/Europe for you. My point is, when I witness sex, this is the sex that I witness, or something related to this, on a daily basis. What do I do? I completely avoid it. Me being the person that I am, I find it ridiculous when someone will start up a thread on for instance - Diabetes and it's Terrible Toll, or Studies show that dropout rates among Black Men at highest in 10 years, are being pushed back by threads like - Laid Back Brothers & Strong Black Women, or Are you Looking to Model? I feel that there are more important things to focus on than that. As a people, we understand that we need to work, and then get some time to relax, but when it comes time to relax and have fun, we get too relaxed and have too much fun.

On the other hand, I know that different threads are created for different reasons. In that sense, I respect the author of every thread that I see. I believe that out of everyone in the Destee Family, there is not one brotha or sistah, who is SI ignorant that they will just take up space, and start something to have us begging Destee and the Mods to get rid of them. We do not have that here. I may not agree with every thread, but every thread is not intended for me. When I come here, I get the information I need to get, respond to what I need to respond to, and I get out! I may not like every thread, but they are not for me to like. Even when I start threads - I don't sit there, and HOPE that someone responds to it. If they don't pay attention now, someone else will later. If they do not appreciate it now, someone will appreciate it later. I was done with instant satisfaction a long time ago. I can tell you that I am not in agreement with the Cooking forums, but where they created for me? I THINK NOT! Whoever made the Cooking forums did not say, "No, I should not create them; people won't like it!" Well how about those who will like it! What you do and how you do it will bless someone, somewhere, someway, somehow.

To conclude, I will just say that I think there has been much sex talk, but the PURPOSE of the threads are more important than the threads themselves. When I started up that thread in the Teenage forum on Sex Education in School, my purpose was to find out how the Family felt about the need for Sex Education in school - nothing more, nothing less. I did not start it with the purpose of hoping that someone would turn it into a freak show, to the point where all the Teens could be entertained! Actually, myself as a character, I am not too big on Entertainment.

May that conclude my early morning. May this message be a blessing to someone, somewhere, someway, somehow. If it does not touch them today, it will touch them next weekend. If not next weekend, you know the rest.........

CD (2006)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back