to strong black men...what is the SOURCE of your strength?

THE SOURCE...

I-khan said:
As a growing man I could continue for days with this, and you have to be blind not to realize that we are 'under attack' on every front down to how we think....everyone is 'under attack' but with us it seems to have very devastating effects while others in the 'mainstream' try to 'fix' it with self indulgence amongst other things.....this is not 'non-comformist' since there nothing to 'conform' to in the first place...all of it the views,etc are controlled by few people who do not act on the ideas they present...such is the world of business....but I digress

is there a 'source' for 'strength'? I say that the abstraction is just used to idealize (and therefore control) how some people act in the world...

what about our 'weaknesses'

I am not asking in terms of absolutes.

personally I would not know strength had I never been weak,they all seem to be abstractions for states of mind that are promoted or convicted depending on whos in power and who benefits from it....

STRONG BLACK MEN....

And the ABSENSE of STRONG BLACK MEN (many have departed or been banished from this community) in THIS FORUM alone mirrors what is happening to STRONG BLACK MEN in our communities in "reel time".

WE have EFFECTIVELY been "silenced".

I LEAVE it at that....

Keita said:
The source of my strength lies in my understanding and knowledge that I am an extension of Greatness through our ancestors beyond human comprehension. What happened 5 million years ago or 5 minutes ago all occupy the same space and time. As such, the legacy of our ancestors is still my legacy. The enemy of our ancestors is still my enemy. The war of our ancestors is still my war. Had they not built, created, gave birth, fought and died with the divine hope in the future of who we are, I would not be here as an extension of them...as a legacy of them or as a continuation of their faith, their hope, their pain or their life.

How could I with this understanding, live my life as anything less than what they did? How could I with this understanding suddenly become an "individual" separating myself from who they and we are culturally, historically or spiritually? No, I have no strength on my own. I have no strength from any Creator outside of that which our ancestors had which has been replaced with the Creator of others who have proven to be our enemies. I have no strength in myself which is constantly and daily being transformed from what I was molded to be instead of as I was meant to be.

My understanding of this in terms of our ancestors is the only source of my strength, for when I look at myself I see them. When I look at our lives, our struggle and our history, I feel them and as such, I know them...for they are me and I am them. How could I with this understanding be the coward that they were not? How could I run from the battle that they did not? How could I live for myself when they did not?

Yes, my strength comes from them always and in all ways...for I live in them just as surely as they live in me!!!

Beautifully expressed.
Medase pa for sharing your wisdom.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back