to strong black men...what is the SOURCE of your strength?

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by I-khan, Apr 12, 2007.

1. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    As a growing man I could continue for days with this, and you have to be blind not to realize that we are 'under attack' on every front down to how we think....everyone is 'under attack' but with us it seems to have very devastating effects while others in the 'mainstream' try to 'fix' it with self indulgence amongst other things.....this is not 'non-comformist' since there nothing to 'conform' to in the first place...all of it the views,etc are controlled by few people who do not act on the ideas they present...such is the world of business....but I digress

is there a 'source' for 'strength'? I say that the abstraction is just used to idealize (and therefore control) how some people act in the world...

what about our 'weaknesses'

I am not asking in terms of absolutes.

personally I would not know strength had I never been weak,they all seem to be abstractions for states of mind that are promoted or convicted depending on whos in power and who benefits from it....

2. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    My KNOWLEDGE of My Ancestors and the Wisdom they imparted me with.

3. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    I hear ya:dance:

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    The ACTION(S) would speak louder than the WORDS in this case, but what keeps me going is the Universal Afrikan Family...coupled with the Communications sources between the Ancestors and myself, where The Khreator is Master over all Communication.

KM

5. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
  6. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    my ability to create mentally and physically.

7. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122
    Strength

ASSuming you are refering to that which keeps you focused and on the str8 and narrow. I would have to say it's discipline. :bullseye: A sense of pride :welldone: and a self motivating competative spirit. :coffee: The 1st two comes directly from your environment and how you were raised. In other words, they are learned processes. The last is internal.

8. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    I believe as our ancient Nile Valley ancestors believed...Power comes from 2 sources:

1. Thorough knowledge of "self"
    2. The woman, the complement to the duality of a man's power, which is enabled through a noble sister.

9. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    What is the SOURCE of your strength?

The source of my inner strength comes from my persistent goal to perceiver. As a youth I decided that I was going to do things with my life. I don’t mean in the conventional way. But that I was going to explore life and seek to understand other ways of living. I guess, I realized that It would be very hard to make it in the whites world. So I looked to other cultures to see how they lived and understood life. I come from P.R. and so I knew that there was a simpler, easier way of being. Without the rush or bust mentality of the over-productive west.

So I chilled, through school, it could never compete with my imagination. I looked to the world map on the wall, during class. Imagining the events of world dominance. Thinking on how it would have been like to have lived before the Euro-Pigs in each of the places they subjected to their ill doctrines.

Over the years, I’ve sought to answer why other cultures were much more secure with their ways? Why Euros needed to over run other cultures? In my long and extended travels, I have realized that Euros, or perhaps better stated. That Roman-Greco centric notions come from some deep seeded inferiority complex. Look to history for the answer…….

Most people on earth, are satisfied with their sustainability. We need not more, then we need.

So in short, my will or my determination to understand why we are in the state we are in, has given me the strength to perceiver the ill perpetrated B.S. of western Education.

10. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    this struck me in particular..can you relay any methods of doing so as I am in the process of such without the resources to travel.....I am already developing my own personal 'philosophy' but I do not try to hard to 'be different' because those who do often are on the same wavelength but a different medium...:glasses: