Black Spirituality Religion : the voice within

NITAINO75 said:
Peace to the Learners and the Teachers

Does the book Metu Neter touch upon any Native American philosephy or spiritual teaching?

Are there any books that can be considered the "Metu Neter" of the Native American spiritual path?

PEACE NITAIN:

Yes, METU NETER does indeed give a comparison, albeit succinct, of African Theology proper (and the Kemetic specifically), with Native American Theology proper (and the Hopi Medicine Wheel specifically.

The similiarities are beyond uncanny, to the point of being universal.

I myself am part Cherokee, and I study the Way Of The Feather (Shamanism), in addition to ATR.

Are you Native as well?

Anyways, this link provides a good bibliography:

http://college.hmco.com/history/readerscomp/naind/html/na_032600_religion.htm

PEACE

SAMURAI36 said:
PEACE NITAIN:

Yes, METU NETER does indeed give a comparison, albeit succinct, of African Theology proper (and the Kemetic specifically), with Native American Theology proper (and the Hopi Medicine Wheel specifically.

The similiarities are beyond uncanny, to the point of being universal.

I myself am part Cherokee, and I study the Way Of The Feather (Shamanism), in addition to ATR.

Are you Native as well?

Anyways, this link provides a good bibliography:

http://college.hmco.com/history/readerscomp/naind/html/na_032600_religion.htm

PEACE

PEACE SAMURAI:

I'm looking foward to purchasing this book, I really appreciate the info.

The Way of the Feather also sounds interesting. In your opinion why is there an apparent similarity between some Natives and some Afrikans as far as dress and cultural practices?? I've also seen and heard Afrikans (in pictures and documentaries) with feathers on their heads, and others doing "Indian" like chants, or should I say "cries", if you understand what I mean.

I'm mainly Native, my heritage is Taino, Arawak, Carib. I also have Afro-Caribbean blood/family and unfortunately some European ancestry. (on the maternal side)

Thank you again for the link.

PEACE

NITAINO75 said:
In your opinion why is there an apparent similarity between some Natives and some Afrikans as far as dress and cultural practices?? I've also seen and heard Afrikans (in pictures and documentaries) with feathers on their heads, and others doing "Indian" like chants, or should I say "cries", if you understand what I mean.

Yes, I understand perfectly.

Culturally, the similarities between African societies and Native societies, is immensely uncanny.

Both were originally matrilennial, at least up until the White man invaded their respective lands.

Cosmology shapes both societies intrinsically, regarding everything from the colors people wear/wore, to the arrangement of social structure (reference DIOP's kingship model in AFRICAN ORIGINS, for details of this).

Regarding dress, ever notice how the APACHE war bonnet looks almost exactly like the Kemetic funerary crown (King Tut's head dress)?

Both served nearly the identical purpose.

Also, the APACHE and the ZULU seem to be the almost identical people, regarding dress, styles of weapons, aggressive nature, etc. CHAKA's campaign mirrored GOYAT-LAY's (whom you might know as "GERONIMO") against their respective white invaders almost identically.

The use of drums is universal for both. Medicine men/women held the same theological, heirarchial and political positions in both.

I could do on and on. With me being paternally Cherokee, I see how the Way of the Feather mirrors Ifa as well.

I'm mainly Native, my heritage is Taino, Arawak, Carib. I also have Afro-Caribbean blood/family and unfortunately some European ancestry. (on the maternal side)

Thank you again for the link.

PEACE

Hmm, it seems that our ancesties are reversed; my paternal heritage is Native, while my maternal heritage is Caribbean.

I have yet to cross any Euro blood in my lineage as of yet.

PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back