Black People : The Beginning of Economic Self-Sufficiency

We have no choice at this point

Wow! Thats amazing! The NOI has something similar to that on their California Muhammad Farms website.

I was thinking, we could get a group of farmers together to yield the produce, get some herbologists, chefs/cooks and sewers together to create some phenomenal products, then develop a comprehensive grass-roots distribution model to get the products to the public.

What do you think?

but to do just that

..the only issue I see is gather the folks will to do the hard work. Farming is HARD work..if I was 30 years younger and no bad back..Id be on it. Gather some of the lost brothers and give them this task..for SURE they will have to pull up the pants..
Oh definitely. I'm getting my oldest niece and her brothers to come and do some work next week.

Actually, gardening doesn't have to be difficult at all. The main problem is keeping the weeds away, which can totally avoided if we do Raised Bed Gardening (Hydroponics and Organoponics).

THE OAKHURST COMMUNITY GARDEN
435 Oakview Rd
Decatur, GA 30030
404-371-1920

http://www.oakhurstgarden.org/

Our Vision

The Oakhurst Community Garden Project (OCGP) actively engages youth, families, and individuals in their environment, health, and community through organized programs, classes, and events that develop creative skills in sustainable urban living, organic gardening, health and nutrition. The OCGP serves as community garden, nature center, neighborhood meeting space, and wildlife habitat that is open for all to experience the potential of urban greenspace. The Garden is a model that provides the resources for people to take home and apply the lessons they learn here in other arenas of their lives.

Our Values
We believe that we should honor the land by remaining conscious of how we impact the environment in which we live. By embracing sustainable living and organic practices we strive to be good environmental stewards.

We believe in encouraging a healthy lifestyle by nurturing the mind, body and soul.

We believe that education is the key to creating a change in human behavior and our approach to how we impact the environment. We embrace life-long learning and feel that proactive outreach is critical to creating social change.

We believe that we must embrace community engagement and be receptive to the needs of the community. Our organization exists due to cooperation between the people that live, work, and play within our community.

We believe in equal access and inclusion for people of all economic, ethnic, religious, generational, lifestyle, and ability groups.
Our Mission

To cultivate vibrant greenspace and inspire a community of environmental stewards.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back