Black People : After slavery and well in the beginning of the nineteenth century

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HODEE, Nov 20, 2013.

?

Do we spend to much time discussing our pain and not our opportunities?

Poll closed Nov 20, 2014.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. I'm in pain.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes we do, but we need to talk first

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes we do, but I don't see any opportunities

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes we do, I will continue to strive and do more for myself and family

100.0%
  6. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I feel trapped and want to get out.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I don't feel free to discuss for fear of judgement

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    After slavery and well in the beginning of the nineteenth century. Former slaves made substantial progress and actually owned land and were productive and grew in stature.

They were held in bondage. How were they able to quickly grow and obtain such growth?

They may have been stigmatized by the slavery they had just suffered. But they quickly became a community and made great progress in a very short period of time.

My question is WHAT IS UNITY?

Harmony: harmony of opinion, interest, or feeling
    Singleness among individuals: singleness or constancy among individuals or groups
    Forming one Undivided Unit: forming a whole and left undivided or unbroken

Former slaves unified quickly, not focusing on what had just taken place, but what had just opened up?

They did not focus on what the white man had done to them. They focused first on what they needed to do?

They took advantage of the fact the slave holder and America was off balance and they were somewhat up righted.

Like we have today they had opportunities open to them. They had the fall of slavery and obviously things were created and fell into place. That facilitated them the opportunity to take advantage of that period. We have our vote, our freedom of movement, travel, education, and many other opportunities we take for granted.

Why don’t more people open a home based business?
    Getting a wholesale license is free and the tax advantages are substantial.

Why would make someone want to invest in your neighborhood? The buildings are vandalized, windows broken just for fun, structures set on fire to relieve stress.

We have so many more advantages today. Why can’t we move on the opportunities and gains?

Today time is not on our side. It is a matter of time. No one knows how close we are or how much longer we may have.

Before we suffer some real destructive shift or change we find ourselves facing.

2. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Hard question.

3. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Some where I read " I dont like talking about solutions (bleep solutions) and then behold! I did look upon Facebook and Twitter, and yeah verily.....the same paradigm did prevail!

Pity parties are the great fetish of a a people with no New Leadership, no New Organizations and no National Movement of any kind

After the passing of Dr Khalid Muhammad and Dr Amos Wilson, rarely is Black Nationalism talked about...even from the youtube street scholars!