Black People : Some Think We Are DIRTY.

sweetbrownsugar

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 28, 2004
It's Monday morning. On your way to work/school/wherever...You stop at a neighborhood convenience store to purchase gas, buy a newspaper, and grab some coffee. The total comes to $11 and some change. You hand a $20 to the cashier who is WHITE. He/She quickly grabs the bill FAST so that both of your hands touch as little as possible or NOT AT ALL (if she/he can help it). When she gives you your change of about $8? She/He: A. DROPS it into your hand from about 2-3 inches in the air from your own hand. B. PLACES it onto the counter. OR C. LAYS (on purpose) the bill flat in your hand to drop or place the change on -ALL BECAUSE HE/SHE DOES NOT WANT TO TOUCH YOUR "BLACK" HAND. What is your (physical, vocal, or mental) REACTION to this?

sweetbrownsugar said:
It's Monday morning. On your way to work/school/wherever...You stop at a neighborhood convenience store to purchase gas, buy a newspaper, and grab some coffee. The total comes to $11 and some change. You hand a $20 to the cashier who is WHITE. He/She quickly grabs the bill FAST so that both of your hands touch as little as possible or NOT AT ALL (if she/he can help it). When she gives you your change of about $8? She/He: A. DROPS it into your hand from about 2-3 inches in the air from your own hand. B. PLACES it onto the counter. OR C. LAYS (on purpose) the bill flat in your hand to drop or place the change on -ALL BECAUSE HE/SHE DOES NOT WANT TO TOUCH YOUR "BLACK" HAND. What is your (physical, vocal, or mental) REACTION to this?

That's the reason why I do the same thing before they can do it to me. I always place my money or card on the counter to let them know "I don't want to touch your dirty hand either". It really used to piss me off. Especially in 7-11.

sweetbrownsugar said:

This is the last time I go into that store!

Kente417mojo, Funny, you said 7-11 because this happened to me SEVERAL times at this one in particular. (Witchduck Rd. Virginia Beach, VA) It was SO OBVIOUS even to the customers behind me. I was shocked at my own reaction which was 1-2 seconds. The change he gave back to me? I THREW it behind the counter ON THE FLOOR and was like: "You keep that to buy yourselves some gloves!" To this day though it happens ALL THE TIME. Most times I just keep a cool head.

Pan, I hear ya! But today I make sure I FREQUENT these SAME STORES. I be thinking at the checkout "you might not want to TOUCH my hand but you gon LOOK AT MY FACE EVERYDAY!" I really piss'em off. I be buying trivial things like gum! Hoping they'll just Quit and not be there the next day!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back