Black Women : Sisters with Bachelor of Arts abused MORE than women without ONE

Women who accept domestic abuse come from all walks of life, socio-economic backgrounds.

Personally, I've never experienced it nor was I raised in a household with it.

I have known degreed and non-degreed women who accept abuse.

It has nothing to do with education or geographic region and age is not necessarily a factor either.

It has to do with low self-esteem.

If a young or older woman goes through a "bad boy" or "thug love" phase, that attraction doesn't necessarily equate to abusive relationships.

Low self-worth is what makes women accept and excuse abuse.

True but some who fall under certain conditions will more likely fall into these type of relationships. A dad who looks out fiercly for his daughters will instill self worth into his daughters without even knowing he's doing it. Often it is nowadays that women are completely unaware of what all happens differently in a child's psycho-perception of life and self when a father is not around. Way to much it is that we look at our problems and issues as just being there w/ out even recognizing when, where, and how they got there. Single moms= a daughter more likely to prostitute, take abuse, neglect her children, use drugs, go to jail, get pregnant early, and a laundry list of other issues from young women w/ no self worth

Consumer Health
Study: Black women with B.A. abused more

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark., July 10 (UPI) -- Black women with a college degree were 145 times more likely to experience sexual or other abuse than women with no high school degree, a U.S. study finds.

Kameri Christy-McMullin, assistant professor at the University of Arkansas School of Social Work, analyzed data from the 1999 National Crime Victimization Survey and found important differences in the factors related to abuse of white, black and Hispanic women.

Christy-McMullin suggested that the study could support the main premise of backlash theory -- the notion that as women take on roles that have traditionally been held by men, men will resort to abuse as a means of keeping women in their traditional roles.

White women employed in a service industry were more likely to be physically or sexually abused, while white women who lived in households with higher incomes or who had a college degree were less like to be physically abused, the study found.

White women with some college education and divorced or separated women were more likely to be emotionally abused than professional women.

Read the rest here

Anti black relationships/black babies/black reproduction propoganda.

I know the man versus woman thing is popular but.. are we sure this data
doesn't mean simply that black women with degrees are more likely to
their abuse.. to take action against their abusers than black women
without degrees.. That's what it looks like to me. We can't just accept
the conclusions without thinking about how the data was collected and
for what reason.. This data is derived from records.. records only exist
in cases reported.. So to take this data and attempt to make some
general determination of what "black men" or "black women" are..
or to extrapolate from it some idea of how we behave is, in my opinion, misguided.

but for folks who are just waiting to say those things.. these kinds of
reports represent opportunities to unleash their anti-black man.. anti-black
woman rhetoric... for those folks, new information or interpretations won't
change their conclusions..

Peace.

True but some who fall under certain conditions will more likely fall into these type of relationships. A dad who looks out fiercly for his daughters will instill self worth into his daughters without even knowing he's doing it. Often it is nowadays that women are completely unaware of what all happens differently in a child's psycho-perception of life and self when a father is not around. Way to much it is that we look at our problems and issues as just being there w/ out even recognizing when, where, and how they got there. Single moms= a daughter more likely to prostitute, take abuse, neglect her children, use drugs, go to jail, get pregnant early, and a laundry list of other issues from young women w/ no self worth

I am well aware of the psychological/emotional effects of children, boys and girls, who were reared with no father in the home. I am personally the product of such a household. --Personally and professionally, I have witnessed and addressed the effects on children who had no father in their home.

However, nothing is written in stone. These "characteristics" of single mothers and their daughters that you've mentioned are nothing more than stereotypes.

Neither I nor my sister were teen mothers. We are both degreed and neither of us has ever been in an abusive relationship.

My own mother (also, eventually, degreed) had her 1st child at 24 y/o. My mother was reared with her mother and father (who was not abusive). However, unfortunately, she ended up being a married to a man who was irresponsible as a husband and as a father, but he was not physically abusive.

Moreover, I have personally known women in abusive relationships who were reared in an abusive home. So, instead of rejecting and distancing themselves from the very abuse they saw their mothers receive from their fathers, they grew up and got with an abusive man also.

I have also known women who were not reared in an abusive home. They had a responsible, supportive father in the home and grew up and got with an abusive man when they were not raised in that environment.

And, yes, I have also known women who were not reared with a father in the home and grew up and got with an abusive man.

So, again, there are no absolutes. Degreed or not, two-parent household or not, there are no set in stone prerequisites to abusive relationships.

Since you take such a view on single mothers and their daughters, would you also apply these same "attributes" to the sons of single mothers?...Do you think that most men who are products of a single mother grow up to be physically abusive, substance abusers or criminals?

However, I assure you that is also a stereotype applied to single-parent households.

Yes, there are negative effects and influences on children of single-parent households; and, yes, some of those effects can be life-long.

But, as the product of a single-mother, a "latch-key kid," low-income, inner-city child, I and my siblings (sister and brothers) shatter the stereotypes attached to these socio-economic categories.

I am well aware of the psychological/emotional effects of children, boys and girls, who were reared with no father in the home. I am personally the product of such a household. --Personally and professionally, I have witnessed and addressed the effects on children who had no father in their home.

However, nothing is written in stone. These "characteristics" of single mothers and their daughters that you've mentioned are nothing more than stereotypes.

Neither I nor my sister were teen mothers. We are both degreed and neither of us has ever been in an abusive relationship.

My own mother (also, eventually, degreed) had her 1st child at 24 y/o. My mother was reared with her mother and father (who was not abusive). However, unfortunately, she ended up being a married to a man who was irresponsible as a husband and as a father, but he was not physically abusive.

Moreover, I have personally known women in abusive relationships who were reared in an abusive home. So, instead of rejecting and distancing themselves from the very abuse they saw their mothers receive from their fathers, they grew up and got with an abusive man also.

I have also known women who were not reared in an abusive home. They had a responsible, supportive father in the home and grew up and got with an abusive man when they were not raised in that environment.

And, yes, I have also known women who were not reared with a father in the home and grew up and got with an abusive man.

So, again, there are no absolutes. Degreed or not, two-parent household or not, there are no set in stone prerequisites to abusive relationships.

Since you take such a view on single mothers and their daughters, would you also apply these same "attributes" to the sons of single mothers?...Do you think that most men who are products of a single mother grow up to be physically abusive, substance abusers or criminals?

However, I assure you that is also a stereotype applied to single-parent households.

Yes, there are negative effects and influences on children of single-parent households; and, yes, some of those effects can be life-long.

But, as the product of a single-mother, a "latch-key kid," low-income, inner-city child, I and my siblings (sister and brothers) shatter the stereotypes attached to these socio-economic categories.

There is alwayz an exception to the rule. Many if not most women from the South of Chicago are pretty rough around the edges, become single moms, and raise thuggish kids. Then there is Michele Obama who is soft spoken, has a husband in their very big house, and has kids who will graduate from universities one day. She is an exception to the general rule needless to say. --------As far a single moms and kids, degenerosity applys to both genders of this unfortunate group. Boys of single moms are likely to be down lo bros(constant feminine example w/ no male character to feed from=punk), likely to abuse, fight, steal, make illigetimate kids, use drugs, and a long list of other social ills. Bottomline reality is that many if not most girls who get that butt kicked by some goon are usually from environments in which that behavior was somewhat normal and a dad in the crib would have given her a higher sense of self worth. All 2 parent homes dont work out but overall a dad in a functional home is way better than a single parent household any day of the year.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back