Black Women : Another question for the Sisters (Black women)

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Ictoan Itkfae, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Ictoan Itkfae

Ictoan Itkfae Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +36
    Peace my Sisters,

I wanted to ask you this because I am curious to hear if Black women would agree or disagree. I don't have any female friends so this I guess is the perfect place to ask questions to hear what my beloved Black Sisters think about things...OK; here is the question:

I once heard a man say, "If a man isn't doing anything in life he doesn't need a woman."

Sisters, do you agree with that statement? Would you share your general thoughts about the statement?

Peace & Brotherly Love,
    Bro. Ictoan

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Ictoan Itkfae ... Rule #9 - Descriptive Titles Required in Discussions ... and this one is not.

As far as your question goes, i've never heard the statement before.

On the surface, it seems a man not doing anything in life, has more reason for a woman.

Though i have no idea what the person who said it, meant.

What do you think of the statement, since you're the one who heard it?

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    What does that mean - "...isn't doing anything in life..."? Does he not have a job? He doesn't have hobbies? Lacks passion? Needs ambition? When was this stated, and why exactly? There's so much that could be interpreted from this...

4. Ictoan Itkfae

Ratings:
    +36
    Peace Sis. Destee:). Much Love and Peace to you.

Now that I think about it, I think his exact words were, "If a man isn't doing anything, he doesn't need a woman." I'm not sure if he said, "...in life..." or not.

I think he was coming from a Biblical perspective referring to the nature of women to be "a helpmeet," as the Bible says, for men. He said that "helpmeet" means to help a man meet his obligation of fulfilling the job that God gave him. That means that it is the nature of a woman to want to help or be a helper of a man.

I agree %1000 that if a man isn't doing anything, he doesn't need a woman because he doesn't need any help to do nothing.

Can I ask, what makes you say "a man not doing anything in life, has more reason for a woman." I think I know what you meant but I'm not sure...

Much Peace and Love.
    Bro. Ictoan

5. Ictoan Itkfae

Ratings:
    +36
    Warm Greetings Sis. Angela22,

As I told Sis. Destee, now, I think his exact words were, "if a man isn't doing anything he doesn't need a woman." You can refer to that post to Sis. Destee to see what I think he meant. I think he said it in an effort to enlighten his listeners about male-female relationships; he is a preacher.

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

7. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Angela I have to agree with you. I was planning to ask the same questions.

8. Ictoan Itkfae

Ratings:
    +36
    Peace, Sis. Kadijah:),

As I told Sis. Destee, I agree %1000 that if, as the Bible says, the purpose of women being created was to help men do the job that God gave them, and a man isn't doing anything then that man does NOT need a woman because a man doesn't need any help to do nothing.

I think that alot of Black women read the Bible and think that because God said that it was not good for Adam to be alone that all men need a woman so that they (men) will not feel lonely. But those Sisters have it wrong I think. Some men are loners and like to be alone. I think that it was not God for Adam to be alone because he needed help with the job God gave him, not because he felt lonely. And though I'm not a believer in the Bible I do hear alot of women say that they find joy in helping. That might prove that if there is a God, He made women with a nature to want to help, which might prove that in the Bible's story of Adam it was not good that Adam be alone because he needed help with his job, not because he was lonely.

You have a Muslim name, Sister as you most likely already know. May I ask are you a Muslim? I am just curious after reading some of your posts.

Peace & Love,
    Bro. Ictoan

9. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    After reading ANY of my posts, I'm surprised you'd even wonder! :lol:

Answer: No.

Btw, #1 - I'm a Christian, but not a fundamentalist, i.e., I don't believe every single word in the bible is God-inspired.

#2 - As a non-Christian, you've misinterpreted the bible, or gotten it wrong. Adam didn't have a job. :10500:

#3 - Women not so much "enjoy" helping (a man?) as women are nurturers.

:)

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733