Black Spirituality Religion : Should We Love Our Enemy?

@those who love their enemies:

How does the love you feel for your enemies manifest itself? For instance, when I love a person, I want to do things for them, I go out of my way to be nice to them. I want to be near them, to have them want to be near me. I feel happy in their presence and want them to be happy, in or out of my presence.

When I love an object, such as a car, I wash it, I wax it. I don't just slap on the wax, I use firm but tender strokes. Maybe hum as the shine appears, stand back and admire not only my efforts, but how MY car looks. When I love a picture, I put it on my wall, a table, smile when I walk by it, occasionally touch it gently, look at it "just because" and always with a warm smile on my face.

I love humanity, thus should I see a child about to walk into the street and a car is coming, I call a warning to him/her; if close enough, I grab them to keep them from harm. If I overhear a convo where a group of people are going to mess with a man or woman, if I see them first, I'll warn them to not go where those people are whether we're friends or not. If my neighbor's house is afire and I hear them screaming, I'll go to see if I can be of assistance, stand beneath their window if they're trapped and have to save a baby from the flames by tossing it to waiting arms.

The above is how my love manifests itself. How does love for a monster (rapist, murderer, abuser) or just a garden variety enemy manifest itself to you? Do you want to be near them? Get warm feelings when you think of them? Go out of your way to help them be safe, to succeed in life? Do see their picture and smile? Do you get warm feelings when their name is mentioned, try to keep them from harm? If not, again, how does your love look? What do you do, say, feel that shows others you love your enemy?

@those who love their enemies:

How does the love you feel for your enemies manifest itself? For instance, when I love a person, I want to do things for them, I go out of my way to be nice to them. I want to be near them, to have them want to be near me. I feel happy in their presence and want them to be happy, in or out of my presence.

When I love an object, such as a car, I wash it, I wax it. I don't just slap on the wax, I use firm but tender strokes. Maybe hum as the shine appears, stand back and admire not only my efforts, but how MY car looks. When I love a picture, I put it on my wall, a table, smile when I walk by it, occasionally touch it gently, look at it "just because" and always with a warm smile on my face.

I love humanity, thus should I see a child about to walk into the street and a car is coming, I call a warning to him/her; if close enough, I grab them to keep them from harm. If I overhear a convo where a group of people are going to mess with a man or woman, if I see them first, I'll warn them to not go where those people are whether we're friends or not. If my neighbor's house is afire and I hear them screaming, I'll go to see if I can be of assistance, stand beneath their window if they're trapped and have to save a baby from the flames by tossing it to waiting arms.

The above is how my love manifests itself. How does love for a monster (rapist, murderer, abuser) or just a garden variety enemy manifest itself to you? Do you want to be near them? Get warm feelings when you think of them? Go out of your way to help them be safe, to succeed in life? Do see their picture and smile? Do you get warm feelings when their name is mentioned, try to keep them from harm? If not, again, how does your love look? What do you do, say, feel that shows others you love them?
How can one love a enemy that hates you hate is like cancer that spreads your enemy is that MONSTER that destroys you,now again how can one dare to love a enemy because some say we are like Christ sorry and please forgive me for keeping it real I am not Christ and even he was destroyed by loving the enemy that hated him......one should pray that the enemy see the error of their ways and change but because this world is becoming so hateful and evil that is not likely it will truly take a miracle,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back