Black Spirituality Religion : SHOULD WE ACKNOWLEDGE WHITE ANCESTORS?

Already this is a fascinating topic. Bro. Darkside I know you have much info on this! Bro. BlackBird and Each1 thank you for sharing. You are so right, the more we learn the less we know.

But I know those who have a different opinion are reading as well. Why do you think our White Ancestors "shouldn't" be acknowledged?

I'll give my reasons for not doing so. We know our bloodlines are crossed with different African cultures too. But the way I saw it, the way Black people live their lives, we spend so many waking hours already honoring White folks. In our language, our dress, the way we wear our hair, our culture in most cases is White.

So here comes this old White Man, my Ancestor asking me- why don't I honor him? I'm saying to myself, I've honored you enough, everytime I spend these "dead presidents" I am honoring you and your culture. What else do you want from me- blood? And you've gotten that too.

I don't have to use hatred or anger, just my thought, that these spirits deserve to be shut out, just as we shut them out of Africa the first time.

And yet I can see the side of many- just forgive, let it go, don't let that energy "block your blessings" as some might say. Could this be it? Are Christians "honoring" White Ancestors through the use of Jesus Christ?

I can see myself using this Ancestor to learn their "tricks of their trade" so to speak. So perhaps this is the type of acknowledging I should do. But as we know, love and forgive of such a cruel enemy, is a long path- and while these memories can be left behind as we cross over, IF we choose to cross over is the issue. We can also choose to remain here reeking havoc on a spiritual level too.

ancestors

I was meditating on the entire concept of "reparations"- just looking out on the world, seeing all that has happened so far, I was wondering to myself why we are still pursuing this task, when we could have anything we want when we learn to master the spiritual arts and sciences our Ancestors left within us.

And then someone tapped me on the shoulder.

I was sitting inside one of my astral fields, a holodeck I built with my mind, a place I often go to meditate and reflect on my life. Now suddenly next to me stood a much older White Male, long light and dark gray hair, standing crocked holding on to a wooden cane.

Erasing the profanities, I asked him what was he doing here. He said to me, "I am one of your Ancestors, you have never called on me, never acknowledged I was even here in this place. But I am the reason your Mothers, Grandmothers, Great-Grands are so tricky with money, they learned it from me you see. But I was also very wealthy Man."

He pointed his finger to show me some others who were sitting under a tree talking. I noticed a few White Women, and some Asians. "Wait- don't start this with me" I said, "I do acknowledge my Asian bloodline sometimes"

"Sometimes" he said, giving me this look of disappointment. "You think everything about you is African?"

I cannot deal with everything that was said right now, so I won't write it. But I will mention this.

"I am your reparations." This White "Ancestor" said. "I have bled for you, from the time I have been here. What about these Christians you have there, don't they see that either? That we are here bleeding because of what we have done? I am not angry because I am here, I am not bitter. I am saying that, I know how to beat them. I know them, I am them. And I owe you a debt. I speak to you and turn away from me. I call you and you act like I do not exist. But if it's money that you want- look, my blood, my soul, my life has been cursed because of it, my need and my desires for it. I would give up all my power over money for the smallest bit of peace and forgiveness."

A Warrior is not soured by the sadness of his enemy, but what about when that enemy is an Ancestor?

I need the help of our great Destee spiritual minds to clear this up. Who else has heard of this? Who else has wondered about this? Should we acknowledge white Ancestors?

This has come up before on the board when several were talking about ancestral worship and how it is practiced in Africa.

Us descendants of slaves have a serious problem when we try to emulate home grown Africans that were not displaced and whose bloodline was not disrupted.

Most of us African Americans and African Europeans will have a white man somewhere in out tree rather he raped our ancestor or she went voluntarily to the masters house either way it went our existence is dependant on that white man.

Interesting that the topic has returned because that was one of my arguments as to the problem with the concept. Also I argued that we all return to earth thus the ancestors are not souls living in heaven waiting on a phone call but they are people living another life just like you and me.

The best thing that you could do with this type of ideology is try to bring fourth all of your own previous lives.

I think the original concept of ancestral worship has been confounded like many other aspects of the Dogon Song.

This is very interesting topic indeed. I think it's so fascinating that you all have been able to contact and to experience your ancestors on the other side especially those that are of other races.

Unfortunately, I haven't been blessed with those opportunities. I have such a large family that I don't know much about. I know most of them are in Coastal Georgia and South Carolina and other parts of the country. I think my family acts like "stereotypical New Yorkers". We are distant and we live in our own individual secluded worlds. My family isn't really all that close. I could be standing in line behind a person at a grocery store and he or she could be my cousin and I would never know.

But anyways, I wanted to ask? Do you think it's possible that a soul that has had african incarnations would or has incarnated in white bodies too?

This is very interesting topic indeed. I think it's so fascinating that you all have been able to contact and to experience your ancestors on the other side especially those that are of other races.

Unfortunately, I haven't been blessed with those opportunities. I have such a large family that I don't know much about. I know most of them are in Coastal Georgia and South Carolina and other parts of the country. I think my family acts like "stereotypical New Yorkers". We are distant and we live in our own individual secluded worlds. My family isn't really all that close. I could be standing in line behind a person at a grocery store and he or she could be my cousin and I would never know.

But anyways, I wanted to ask? Do you think it's possible that a soul that has had african incarnations would or has incarnated in white bodies too?

Me either.

It is nice to hear from other normal human beings. The Dogon say humans were disconnected from the Ether as we were genetically changed.

But just maybe we continue to have those special people.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back