Black People : REBUILDING: THE BROTHERHOOD AND SISTERHOOD.............

Thanks, Most black don't know their culture roots. So we adopted many others. Which is part of the problem.

We don't have or know our language, food, family legecy that is not attached to slavery. If you go to any major city in the US, you will find an lil Italy, China town, Spanish harlem etc and other ethnic communities that hold on to their culture practices. You ever heard of an little Africa ??

What can we implement to bring back the brotherhood and sisterhood?

-We (@Destee) know the "rules of life." We know right from wrong. The problem is trying to convince everyone else. We need a spark to jump start the others.

-I don't think we can expect whites to change their opinion and treatment of us. The laws may have changed, but the hearts of so many never will. The Native Americans trusted the whites to do the right thing, and look where it got them. We have to focus on ourselves.

-There are many organizations that are busting at the seams with money, like the NAACP. How come they don't have a mass media blitz? In between music videos, a positive message commercial should be given. Positive message ads in all the magazines. More internet forums like this. Television programming that reflects positive images and the same with movies.

-I realize that this may all sound outrageous. But let's look at the tobacco industry. They built that industry on advertising. They had doctors in ads recommending smoking. Cigarettes were in every movie scene. Even cartoon characters like Joe Camel were used. It was hip, it was cool, it was acceptable. HOWEVER, advertising also brought the industry down. The scary anti-smoking commercials, the elimination of smoking from movies, the removal of ashtrays in public places, and eventually, due to public outcry, the elimination of smoking in most public places.

-Also, look at the images that are out there. Miniskirts are tame compared to the bathing suit get ups Beyonce wears (sorry Bey). And what girl won't imitate the dance moves she sees? Lil Wayne has about 5 kids with different women. I don't care about the money he makes, but can he mentor and be there for each of them? I don't expect perfection from anyone. But these stars will only be accountable if it interferes with their money. They behave the way they do because it sells. We have to take back our image in the media for behavior change to follow. Just like so many refused to play maids in the movies back in the day, we need to say no to the media images out there now. We need to hold ourselves in a higher standard.

-We (@Destee) know the "rules of life." We know right from wrong. The problem is trying to convince everyone else. We need a spark to jump start the others.

Hmmmmmm, That just killed it for me right there !! So you speak for all in destee ?? Then I must grossly disagree. Take a look at the support threads or the management threads. And tell me that, ** we@ destee** holds themselves up to an higher standard of brotherhood or sisterhood then others ?? To know the rules of life isn't good enough in my opinion,. But to exercise and hold yourself up to those rules of life screams volumes to me. I mean no harm . I'm just expressing my opinion. ( btw: I can't call you brother or sister , So forgive me because I don't know your gender. ) But until we acknowledge our short coming then we can't address a thing. "We @ destee" is just like others, IMHO.

--I don't think we can expect whites to change their opinion and treatment of us. The laws may have changed, but the hearts of so many never will. The Native Americans trusted the whites to do the right thing, and look where it got them. We have to focus on ourselves.

-There are many organizations that are busting at the seams with money, like the NAACP. How come they don't have a mass media blitz? In between music videos, a positive message commercial should be given. Positive message ads in all the magazines. More internet forums like this. Television programming that reflects positive images and the same with movies.

-I realize that this may all sound outrageous. But let's look at the tobacco industry. They built that industry on advertising. They had doctors in ads recommending smoking. Cigarettes were in every movie scene. Even cartoon characters like Joe Camel were used. It was hip, it was cool, it was acceptable. HOWEVER, advertising also brought the industry down. The scary anti-smoking commercials, the elimination of smoking from movies, the removal of ashtrays in public places, and eventually, due to public outcry, the elimination of smoking in most public places.

-Also, look at the images that are out there. Miniskirts are tame compared to the bathing suit get ups Beyonce wears (sorry Bey). And what girl won't imitate the dance moves she sees? Lil Wayne has about 5 kids with different women. I don't care about the money he makes, but can he mentor and be there for each of them? I don't expect perfection from anyone. But these stars will only be accountable if it interferes with their money. They behave the way they do because it sells. We have to take back our image in the media for behavior change to follow. Just like so many refused to play maids in the movies back in the day, we need to say no to the media images out there now. We need to hold ourselves in a higher standard.

I agree with you But to get to the root of the problem is to get away from everything Eurocentric. We have adopted all of their ways and in doing so we have their poison as well.

To change the mental condition it takes knowledge , wisdom and practice what we learn and exercise deep love for ourselves and our people. And I hate to say it but we are so not their yet.

I don't know , Why we think, we all should be alike, think alike and share the exact same commonalities ?? We don"t need "them" to do anything anymore, We keep doing it to ourselves.

We , Now learned all so well how to kill the spirit of the black man. ( Meaning black people )

Thanks so much for your input !!

Peace

Perhaps, If we address why blacks don't get along we can build the bridge back.

Young Black women can get along, I would testify under oath to this, but we have been and remain however victims of circumstances.

Many of us are bombarded daily with images as one Sister noted which set unattainable standards that we become conflicted over in an effort to become. . .let me just say something we are not. Backbiting and Gossip have become the order of the day. But choosing not to be that victim changing the images we feed ourselves is a healthy start.

Then receive the invitation given to you. . .rolled eyes, kissed teeth, all comments under the breath I view as an invitation to share with a Sister who remains a victim. I refuse to roll my eyes or neck. I smile and often times wave. Despite numerous warning and sometime hurt feeling I give each Sister a new chance daily because sooner or later she’ll see I want nothing and offer friendship.

Remember always that change begins with ones self and true self is state of mind.

Behaviors are learned and become hard habits to break. Then when you try to do better you get negative feedback so you don’t want to bother. For instance, if I notice a sista giving me that evil look I go out my way to compliment her on something (her shoes, her jacket, her hairstyle) just to break the ice and let her know “I ain’t the one you need to be mad at” but even then some of my fellow sistas meet you with attitude. It takes conscious effort by the masses and not the minority to correct the behavior you see. Maybe a nationwide “Smile at your sista week” and then after that week, the habit of continued smiling is engrained.

Why do women hate on each other , as it related to American history ??

~~ Now, Where is that Willy lynch letter, when I need it ~~

What can we do to turn things around. It seems like we learn how to fake the funk, more then change our ways and habits.

Is there anyway at all I can email you or you email me?

I know this request is unusual, but I would like to forward you some information without posting it on this site if you don't mind.

I can post my email here in your thread, if you allow me to enlighten you with the truth.

Your always welcome to do so.

Much respect , Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back