Black People : REBUILDING: THE BROTHERHOOD AND SISTERHOOD.............

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by blkbutterfly41, Dec 14, 2009.

1. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483

WHAT CAN WE DO TO RE-BUILD THE BLACK BROTHERHOOD AND THE SISTERHOOD ??

IS IT VITAL ?? It starts with the family and spills over in our communities. The brotherhood and teh sisterhood is vital !!

I came up with a few, actually ten. Let's see if I can remember them off the top of my head. Most of them are Old School which may or may not apply to your current black neighborhood. But this is my perspective of the areas that we can accelerate and exercise to help rebuild the brotherhood and the sisterhood that seems to be null and void currently.

1. Being forced to live with others based strictly on skin color which determines nothing makes us more accepting of people who are not like us. IMHO, We have to learn to get along with each other. Help each other, live amongst our own, and not necessarily in an "ghetto" like setting. It takes an village to rise a child. And its the village thats fallen apart and that why we have the results that we have.

2. (OS) The willingness to discipline other's children in the neighborhood. Parents that entrust others to help parent. These days the kids have the upper hand. Because society TOLD them, that if parents spank them, or discipline them, To call the law. These kids are swift in using the system to get what they want. If the government has the right to interfere, then the government should be accountable and responsible for the end results. They are NOT. We can protect our children from abuse without such rules and interference form outside resources that do not have our children's best interest at heart.

So I as a parent, will commencing :whip::whip: that behind when I deem necessary. I will not give my children persuasion to use the system to dupe me !! If you see my child acting up. And I don't want nobody to spank them, or discipline them, Great. Be accessible. Celly should be available even if its on a poster in the community center !! Do what you have to do. Discipline and correction comes with parenting.

3. A general desire not to be phony and put on airs of superiority. That's self explanatory. We have to stop !! Know your worth. We all need encouragement, love and support. You don't have to TRY to bring another person down to feel worthy. Find different avenues to feed you what YOU NEED , and not at the expense of anyone else. We have imitated our own oppressors and now doing the job to our own. This has to stop !! If you call him brother, act like he is your brother. If you call them sister, act like and treat them like a sister. Recognize who are your brothers and sisters, and that better not be because of shades of skins. ( That's their way, never ours. Nor will that method work now. )

4. A genuine spirituality for which no material or social reward can be gained. In other words be true to yourself first and foremost. For those that are not like you, see them for their gifts, talents. and Make it easier for them to be themselves. We are diverse and hold our own inner gifts. The system is designed to dim that light. The value in us are our differences NOT what we share the same. Heighten and enlighten spirituality !!

5. (OS) Ladies we can do it all. We can achieve many things, But please know that we need our men deeply involved in the lives of their children. From birth until adulthood. We can't teach a male child how to be a man. Our little girls will seek a partner in HIS image. Choose carefully the father of your children. If you don't trust him, to handle that responsibility, Don't have kids for him , Point blank.

Men, Step it up. if you played to get that child. Man up. You are ultimately responsible for your seed. Regardless of the circumstance. The system is not for you, its not designed for you, but designed to crush you. Don't be bitter, because you know this !! The smarter brothers will not allow them to get caught up.

6. A deep understanding of and investment in the humanity of dance, music and 'kinetic orality'. Stop buying and endorsing junk music.

7. Reward academics !!! Let the sport images go !! 1% of our children are making their way in sports. Yet we are teaching these kids thats the way to go. If we raise that bar they will reach it. Not with education alone but get involved in how they are educated. Invest in our children and families. W are their first teachers.

8. To be sisterly starts at home, to be brotherly starts at home.

9- Stop complaining and get involved. Stop minding your own business and make it your business. Take ownership. It takes a group effort. Lead by example. Talk is cheap and BS runs a marathon.

10- I am not Islamics, But can give just to anybody thats deserving. The million man march was a success. It could have been more of a success, if things were implemented to follow up on the million man march to ensure that people took that message and implemented and exercise what they learned in their respective communities. But what was done was prove that we can assemble with mixed cultures and religions. Positively. That was done !! I'm thinking if we can do that, how else can we assemble. Can we put aside different religions, and come together with a plan of action and meet the ultimate goal ?? This proves to me without a shadow of doubt that the brotherhood and the sisterhood is missing . And because its missing that takes away from us collectively. Respect does not mean agree. Take the good from each other and throw the rest away.

There isn't just "one way". But many. There will never be one black leader again. But now, It's a group thang. ** smile** We can't heal unless we acknowledge and address.

What can we do to re-build the black family and the brother/sisterhood ??

Deep, love and Peace :em2300:

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    What can we do to re-build the black family and the brother/sisterhood ??
    Umoja (Unity)
    To strive for and maintain unity in the family, community, nation and race.
    Kujichagulia (Self-Determination)
    To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ourselves.
    Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility)
    To build and maintain our community together and make our brother's and sister's problems our problems and to solve them together.
    Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics)
    To build and maintain our own stores, shops and other businesses and to profit from them together.
    Nia (Purpose)
    To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
    Kuumba (Creativity)
    To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.
    Imani (Faith)
    To believe with all our heart in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders and the righteousness and victory of our struggle

but before all of this we must understand the science of social engineering, to unlock the chains on the mind and heart

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    stop the hate!

we need to stop hating ourselves.

all the pathology is rooted in self hate.
    why do we hate ourselves?

well we have been trained not to hate white people. all the anger has to go somewhere.
    i been sitting here for a minute preaching that one thing. stop the self hate.

i hope that before i pass somebody will hear me.

4. blkbutterfly41

Ratings:
    +483

Excellent post !! But I'm not sure if we're there yet, collectively.

What can we practce and exercise to get there ?? How can we help the masses to get there, Brother ??

We have to crawl together to first walk then run, Do you think ??

5. blkbutterfly41

Ratings:
    +483

I hear you. You hate white people, Right ?? You are allowed to hate white people , So is that damaging you as a person ?? And how does that negatively effect that very brotherhood ??

** smile** Loving yourself at this stage of the game takes practice and discipline. I rarely watch TV anymore. I govern the books that I read. And protect the mind like I do my heart.

I personally hate the Eurocentric system and combat THAT. But never people. Hatred is an strong emotion. And I agree that self hatred rules most. But to recognize the pattern allows change to come about.

You would think we will learn with Michael Jackson, Tiger Woods, Who lives ( and death ) that screams that our issues does not just fade away even with money and fame.
    :10500:

How many blacks are we losing daily in death. ( Regardless if it's physical, spiritual, mental or an combination of both)

I believe that the answers comes with knowledge of self, and obtaining cultural balance through the hidden legacy in the patchwork layered in the blood of our ancestors. I am, Who I am because of them and the sacrifices they willing made for me. ( Us, Kinda screams volumes about an deep love for those that was not even born yet. ) Thank God , They had the intellect to ensure that regardless of the many attempts, they was wise enough to make sure we had the footprints to follow.

Now, is that love or what ?? More then just pretty words, huh ?? ** smile**

Now, What are we be passing down ???

Peace

6. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    You see this guy James from Phillie, is like the star quarterback or the homerun hitter that the team keeps , and then comes out
    to change the scores and win the game.
    The brother's input is more then correct on this issue,
    and it is something we don't like to dicuss but keep in the closet

Dr Joy Degruy, stated a folk wisdom from the standpoint of a 20 year social psychologist.
    She stated that Black men will argue and fuss but later get along and things are just fine but sisters at times will just hate for no reason, and if a tiff ocurs will bear the grudge or a lng time.
    I have noticed a trend in the Progressive Black community from attending the United African Movement lecture series for 15 years, Ausar Auset lectures, the Patrice Lumumba Coalition lectures and evn the National Action rally, as well as the African street Festival in Brooklyn and many other venues and have noticed that while not necessarily hating men 98% of the Afrocentric sisters I have seen in NYC who are not married or elders are looking for other sisters as significant others.

Not that that goes into the category of hate but it exacerbates the notion of unity amongst brothers and sisters, were this syndrome isn ot seen in other communities such as the Hispanics and Jews, were unity is never a concern,
    it is a given.

I can talk to any brother on a bus or train regading Black issues regardless of economic status, age or birth place but the sisters have an attitutde of hostility in just simple conversation or being approached , in away that is not flirting, and in all due respect recently here in NYC it is the Afrocentric sisters that seem to have an air or vibe of hatred for the brothers

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    but before all of this we must understand the science of social engineering, to unlock the chains on the mind and heart

8. blkbutterfly41

Ratings:
    +483

That goes both ways in and out of B'klyn. ( For some ) Why ?? Really, Why do you think that is ??

Peace

9. blkbutterfly41

Ratings:
    +483
    I agree with you wholeheartedly, but we are not there yet, so what can we do to get the masses there.

Let me give you an example.

The information is out there. Knowledge is available. Pick 6 dynamics brothers on this board. Pick 6 dynamic sisters on this board. Each one has an area that they have deep knowledge in. How strong are they if they are all combined ?? Can they be united to created that super strong bond................. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, Unfortunately, IMHO.. NO

Why ?? Are they able and capable of combining to build that strong bond ?? Yes, but they mentally are not their yet. TThe chains is not physical anymore but they are mental. So how do we break those chains that keep the masses under Eurocentric control and dominace

How can we get there ??

Individually we are slowly unlocking that door. Individually we are slowly understanding, comprehending to some extent the science of social engineering. What we seem to have a problem with is the competitive nature thats blocking the unification which allows us to exercise and obtain the insight need to implement change with the masses using that science. We have to think not about you or I, as individually but about US, collectively.

So if the masses gained, Would we all not be in a much better place ?? So how could we help that process ??

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    we must suggest that to the moderators but realy I would not desire to be one preaching to the choir, in fact this will be my end here at Destee and moving on to ther thing and places, after Dec 31st, and I am at the point now were I feel that if folks want something they will embrace it regardless of conditioning, and we should not be impatient or angry if most don't care about this at all