Black People : Destee Hall of Solidarity (Brotherhood and Sister)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Blackbird, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    The Native peoples of this Continent, in particularly those in the Southeast, would hold ceremony known as Green Corn/Green Busk ceremony. Primarily, a celebration to give thanks to Mother Earth for a bounty of blessings and to usher in the New Year, similar to Kwanzaa, it was also a time for disputes and disagreement to be resolved, past grievances were forgiven and left in the past year for the benefit of the community. So, indeed, it functioned as mechanism of solidarity among the native people of this continent as a cultural and social rededication to the elements, spirits, ancestors and the people. Symbolic to the theme of renewal, the Native people would wear new clothes and collect new items and discard any worn-out clothes, left-over food and other old things into the sacred fire. As the fire consumed these things, both tangibles and intangibles, the people were purified and emerged with a stronger commitment of community and kinship.

A basic tenet of the family is to ensure that every member feels supported and appreciated because they are and also because the family needs every member to be whole.

It is in this vein that I decided to start a new thread. It is open to all who wish to put past squabbles beside them and renew a commitment of family or any who would just like to say some positive things about another family member or the family as a whole.

Let your words burn in the sacred fire and billow up into the heavens in the form of prayer....

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    I will go first....

To Brother James,

I publicly apologize for an injury I may have caused you through my words. I did not intend to make you feel comfortable. I ask that you accept my apology, in the spirit of brotherhood and family, that we can rise above our differences in order to build and serve community. Here is my penance....

Brother James, I respect you for your eldership and the experience you have in this world that can only hope to have. Regardless of whether you to be referred to as a Negro or not, your struggle is mine therefore my battle can never actually against you.

To the people of Destee, you are beautiful.

Whatever ill will I have, I graciously toss it in the sacred fire for the benefit of community. Ase.

Blackbird

3. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Great thread

My list would be too long....but I'll go anyway.

Brother Omowali, sister Spicybrown, brother Samurai, sister Riada, brother youngblackceo, sister River, brother Panafrica, brother Music Producer, sister Bisabee...any words I've written in my time here on Destee.com that didn't uplift your spirit I apologize for them and chalk them up to my need for continued growth.

This community is a beautiful place to which I am indebted for helping put me back on a journey towards knowledge of self.

Much love and peace to all.

PEACE

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother BlackBird ... this is soooooo beautiful ... Thank You ... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Whew ... there are so many names i could list, that i know i've probably offended, made mad at me, upset, etc., based on the decisions i've made here. How do i begin to list the names ... gosh ... hmmmm ... let me just say ... to all of you, every single one, that feels as though i've done them some wrong ... please know that it was not intentional. I am honored by your presence here, and i count it a blessing to have your energy and Spirit lent to this effort. When making decisions, i try to consider every single Member, and your individual desires, requests, etc., while simultaneously considering the whole of the community. This is my responsibility, and while i can choose to do what you'd like me to do, i must do what i think is best. It is not always easy to balance every Member's wants, with what i think is best for the whole, but i really do try. If ever in the past i didn't do what you thought i should have done ... please forgive me ... for my heart is always sincere as it relates to this community, our Membership, and what i believe is best for the whole. I promise to never lead us wrong intentionally. On this you can depend.

Please continue to labor with me, and i will continue to labor with you.

Thank You Brother BlackBird!

Ohhhhh ... you know what ... ??!! Some of the Brothers i've banned in the past, have really been on my heart lately. (name removed) and (name removed), i miss you both so much! I know this is weird for me to be saying, since i banned yall ... but ... i miss you ... and i love you ... and if you get this message, if you're moved in your Spirit to browse destee again, and you see this post ... i would love nothing more than for you to return ... of course giving me no work to do fussing at you ... but simply returning with your love and energy, sharing it with us once again, in the best of manners!

There! How's That! :love:

This is great! Thank You Again Brother BlackBird! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:heart:

Destee

ps ... i miss you too (name removed) ... but for some reason, i don't think you'll be good when you come back ... (you Capricorns can be sooooo difficult! :wink:) ... you'll make me fight and stuff, and i'm so tired of fighting ... but if you wanna come back, and you promise to be good ... i'd love to have your wisdom, Spirit, and energy here again ... for i love and miss you too!

pss ... (name removed) ... i'm reluctant to extend this invitation to you, because you left so ugly, saying ugly things to me, it really hurt my feelings, when i thought i'd been nothing but kind to you ... but in the Spirit of this thread, this effort, to put past things behind us ... i would like to invite you to return as well. I have no doubt that you loved this place, and enjoyed being here. I would be glad to have you back Sister, if you're willing to live within the confines of our peace and respect. I love you Sister, and even if you don't want to come back, i do wish you the very best that life has to offer.

5. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    Peace and Blessings,

I give thanks to my ancestors, the Queen Mothers---Louisa Lightfoot, Marie Louise Fondal, LaChutte Fondal, Mariah Stribling, Claire St. Martin, Elizabeth Caraby and Laura Hunter for your Divine Guidance, Protection and Inspiration, the Queens of the South who brought forth successive generations coming out of Africa, surviving through trial and tribulation and raising Our Family to the present Eight generation in ta-Meri-Ka.

I give thanks to my Parents, my Elders, living and passed, who have taught and raised me into Manhood, Familyhood and Parenthood.

I give thanks to my daughter Malaika, my Nieces Mary and Patricia and all the present generation of Youth who I have taught, guided, mentored and coached, and thank you for helping me to become the best teacher that I could be.

I give thanks to sister Destee and this Family and atone for those who I have disrespected, dishonored and discouraged from continuing within this community and thank those who have given me love and respect as I have sought to build within this community though oftentimes my presence has become suspect and questioned as if I have some ill will or motive against this Family.

I humble myself ask for your patience, contiinued support and respect as I endeavor to increase the Self-Knowledge of US within this community, increasingly with the intent of changing some of my own negative manner of discourse and debate and to direct my energies into more productive channels.

I give thanks to the Mother Earth and Heavenly Father for affording me the blessing of Life and profess to Live each day in continual self-enlightenment and self-sacrifice to the upliftment of Black people first, and the human family, secondly.

6. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    Peace brother Kemetkind...

At some point we need to talk.

We are a lot closer than we KNOW.

PEACE

PS....Did it snow in Plano today?
    I'm by Lewisville Lake, near Frisco...:shades:

7. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    PEACE Brother Omowali...

It didn't snow much at all here but we still had folks flipping their suv's thinking four-wheel drive helps you on ICE.

Look for a PM brother, I need to discuss an idea I've been mulling over for a while.

(edit - brother O you have your PM's blocked on the OmowaleX account, check your jabali user name)

8. robboy2003

robboy2003 Well-Known Member MEMBER

To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
    Ratings:
    +5
    This is beautiful,especially in these times of poverty and unjust war being waged in the world. A lot of it,because we don't have strength enough as human beings to love!

There is no stronger force,then those with the capacity to give and receive love. It is a gift and a Blessing! I Bless this place and all in it!

We are Spiritual warriors!

9. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm so easily misunderstood at times. Nobody has let me know I've offended them, but if I did I'll try not to do it again. Or let me know and let's work it out, K.