Jails / Prisons : "Prison Mentality"

Who is to blame

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The have no fear of death nor of prison... I have observed this here in Barbados too. I agree with you. A young man not yet 25 threw a bomb in a store killing 6 young women...this has shocked this nation..many have asked why. There is no easy answer but I do hope as a people we will begin to find solutions. I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I admire your honesty and wilingness to tell it like it is.

Thank you for your own open mindedness and your receptiveness in terms of acknowledging what I was saying. Sadly so many of us come to the table with out this ability. Many of us claim to be searching for the truth when the reality is that we are not. Most of us are simply searching for information to confirm what we already believe to be true. Sometimes we become blinded by our own egos and the thought process that "if it worked for me it will work for them" mentality....and this isn't true although it may have been true for the time frame that we came up in. Men have messed up the world so bad that it is mind blowing and the sad part is that so many of our own women for the sake of having a man can't see it for what it is. The Cognitive Dissonance among us is so great that many of our own people would rather go with the flow than to move against it because to do so would make us uncomfortable inside and in our daily living. All the same, I thank you once again. I don't know my real father but my mother said he was from Barbados. How he got to Canada I'll never know. Once again, thank you...and you too Purple Moons! No I didn't forget you! (smiles)

Thank you for your own open mindedness and your receptiveness in terms of acknowledging what I was saying. Sadly so many of us come to the table with out this ability. Many of us claim to be searching for the truth when the reality is that we are not. Most of us are simply searching for information to confirm what we already believe to be true. Sometimes we become blinded by our own egos and the thought process that "if it worked for me it will work for them" mentality....and this isn't true although it may have been true for the time frame that we came up in. Men have messed up the world so bad that it is mind blowing and the sad part is that so many of our own women for the sake of having a man can't see it for what it is. The Cognitive Dissonance among us is so great that many of our own people would rather go with the flow than to move against it because to do so would make us uncomfortable inside and in our daily living. All the same, I thank you once again. I don't know my real father but my mother said he was from Barbados. How he got to Canada I'll never know. Once again, thank you...and you too Purple Moons! No I didn't forget you! (smiles)

If he is from Barbados maybe if may not be difficult for you to find your family...perhaps we may be related..Lol:luv:

My wife is a Middle School Teacher. The other day she told me that one of her students stated that he would rather go to Jail than High School. My wife asked the young man, "why"? He replied, "because all my friends probably go be there, no one can tell you what to do and the meals are free." My wife advised she reached out to the parents, but that passed it off as just "fooling around". Maybe that's true...But there are some of our young brothers out here that really think this way. It seems as if their developing this attitude at younger ages at an alarming rate.

My question is how did we get to this? Who is to blame? How can we fix the problem? I know it's a fully loaded question...Just want to spark a good convo.

Participate in the poll at the top of the page!!!

One Love,
Mario D King

:hello: Mario D King ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing!

How did we get here? A legacy of slavery.

Who is to blame? Everyone can get a little, as there is plenty to go around.

How can we fix the problem? Home, Family, is the first line of defense. These breaches must be fixed.

The story you shared is really sad, and we've got to give our babies more hope than this.

Please make yourself at home, because you are!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

My wife is a Middle School Teacher. The other day she told me that one of her students stated that he would rather go to Jail than High School. My wife asked the young man, "why"? He replied, "because all my friends probably go be there, no one can tell you what to do and the meals are free." My wife advised she reached out to the parents, but that passed it off as just "fooling around". Maybe that's true...But there are some of our young brothers out here that really think this way. It seems as if their developing this attitude at younger ages at an alarming rate.

My question is how did we get to this? Who is to blame? How can we fix the problem? I know it's a fully loaded question...Just want to spark a good convo.

Participate in the poll at the top of the page!!!

One Love,
Mario D King

Amar’e Stoudemire takes trip to Rikers Island to inspire incarcerated teens

by theGrio | October 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Amar’e Stoudemire has had a busy offseason. The Knicks All-Star forward recently launched a children’s book series and now is reaching out to a slightly older audience at New York’s Rikers Island. Stoudemire visited roughly 250 adolescents Friday, offering words of encouragement and inspiration. The Knicks’ big man was a part of a panel focusing on fatherhood. The New York Post reports:
Afterward, Stoudemire said he had never done this before.
“The message we want to get across is fatherhood,” Stoudemire told The Rumble’s Marc Berman. “A lot of young brothers who are fathers are incarcerated. … We’re going to keep their spirits up.”
“We couldn’t be more grateful to Amare Stoudimire and the other stars for coming to Riker’s Island to inspire today’s young men to stand tall in the face of daunting challenges,” said chief Michael Hourihane.
Click here to read the full story.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back