Black Spirituality Religion : positive rather than negative

SAMURAI36 said:
I'm at a loss as to what you are attempting to demonstrate here.

Where is the "misrepresentation of the human factor" in either of these examples (which are totally unrelated to each other)? I was talking about misinterpretation of the words in the Bible. And the humans who believe these misinterpretations, and spread them

As far as your feeling of it being OK to attempt to convert people, as the Brother Elder stated, it is extremely counterproductive to dedicate one's time to do this.

Any and all actions should have a degree of logic governing them.

If it is alright to try to convert someone from one religion to another, then it should be equally alright to convert people's sexual orientation, or any other values. I have gay cousins. I just tell them what I think is positive about male/female relationships and let them decide.

Should someone try to "convert" your spouse from being in love with you, to being with them instead? People do do that, but it's against my religion.

This is why I stated in another thread, that people should respect other peoples choices, even if we don't agree with their actions.

The issue of inalienable rights is a sticky one: my rights end where yours begin, and vice versa. It is very important to respect, above all else, the boundaries of all this.

I personally find it highly offensive when people try to convert me. This is why I personally do not attempt to do it.

Hearing you say that you have no problem with people trying to convert other people, leads me to think that you yourself would most likely have intents to do this, if you have not already attempted this in the recent or distant past. It has to just come up in the conversation, otherwise I don't do it.
I view that as a chance to tell them how I believe. I listened to you, now please listen to me.

I would suggest that you refrain from doing this (at least here, if not in your daily life). I wouldn't go anywhere saying Jesus is the best God. Cause deep down inside I believe we all have only one Creator, just different ways of believing.

PEACE

I don't have a definitive answer on God. I just believe there is one. I don't know if the Bible is the definition of God or not. I just like the lessons learned. It works for me, and that is all the converting I want to do.

PEACE SLOWLY:
I was talking about misinterpretation of the words in the Bible. And the humans who believe these misinterpretations, and spread them

Good point, but how do you or I know that the interpretation we have is correct or not?

Something isn't a "misinterpretation", until the original interpretation is unanimously decided upon.

As it stands, every single religious organization that utilizes the Bible as its main proponent of its doctrine, has a different interpretation of the book, if not a different Version of it.

So who's right? Or wrong?

I have gay cousins. I just tell them what I think is positive about male/female relationships and let them decide.

I agree, and I do the same thing as well. But this is not the same as trying convert someone.

People do do that, but it's against my religion.

Thus, my point. What's against your religion, is apart of someone else's.

Historically, the religions of the Abrahamic Legacy have always had a "convert or die" mandate.
It has to just come up in the conversation, otherwise I don't do it.
I view that as a chance to tell them how I believe. I listened to you, now please listen to me.

Yes, I agree with this as well. But please understand, this is not conversion, it's just simply conversation.

The words are similar, but the concepts are worlds apart.

I can converse with you, without trying to convert you.

I wouldn't go anywhere saying Jesus is the best God. Cause deep down inside I believe we all have only one Creator, just different ways of believing.

I don't have a definitive answer on God. I just believe there is one. I don't know if the Bible is the definition of God or not. I just like the lessons learned. It works for me, and that is all the converting I want to do.

Fair enough.

PEACE

PHil!

beautifull message here :heart: :bullseye:

""and that is love"

right...cause its never up to us to open their eyes or their ears....

al you can do is just....
just ,share, talk ,bring a message.... (pray)

and let go..

walk on ..there are always others whom are waiting for it to hear it...

or not .........

we have a free will....

Loveaururaflower:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back