Black Parenting : Playing "Step" Dad

Yeah she's right I have stepparents and continue to show love. Also, don't force it but make sure they know you are there for them. It might be a little easier because he's young but making sure he knows you are someone he can lean on is important. I'm sure if you are on here asking for some advice you must be a loving man just make sure he knows it.

Have fun!!

Being a step parent is a task , you have to give unconditionally
mentally and morally work together as parents and treat the
child or children as your own , help guide there lives and surely
the growth of the child or children will be fine , do your part show
love and honor.

Good Luck

Get rid the step and be a father. Any child that is in your care, you support financially or you support emotionally is being fathered by you not step-fathered. Infact think of it like this if the childs biological father is in his life he should feel comfortable with your presence around his child. What happened between the childs mother and father has nothing to do with you or the child. If relationship between exes and current spouses is centered around the welfare of the child then there won't be a problem. I always say my son has two mothers which is a blessing for my son. So there's nothing wrong with having two fathers. There's no such thing as too much love....

Peace...

growing up my mom had 2 boyfriends that i know of......... the first 1 was great....... treated me like i was his.... the 2nd guy i just didnt like @ all & made it a point to be a pain in his ***..... i often took money out of his wallet...... i went to great lengths to drive home the point that he was not welcome nor was i going to be "good/ happy" should they get married.......my mother did everything she could to make it work out..... both of my sisters (17 yrs older than me) had a long talk w / me, but it only made things worse for him....... it got to the point where he just had to go cause .... i wasnt leaving!

some kids just dont want another parent.... thats really not their parent, in their home...... trying to be a parent..... my attitude back then was if you want to be someones daddy...... go have some kids.... with someone else!

this is part of the reason i do not date women with children today......

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back