Black People : More black boys being born than girls?

What we need to also consider about this male/female balance or imbalance is, there are factors that don’t receive a lot of news, such as dangerous low-end jobs, that inflict injury and death on many African Americans males. Black men are suffering from mental health issues, strokes, diabetes and other crippling ailments and diseases at much earlier ages, also alcohol, drug abuse and homelessness.

Even if any of these, debilitating health issues are slightly higher than other communities the affects along with what has been already mentioned (incarceration and murder rates), can make a small numerical imbalance exponentially higher and with severe consequences.

In my area, which is predominantly black, I have noticed that while it seems there are more females to males for the older generation, the new generation coming up seems to be more male. Even in my own family, the new births seem to be of black boys.

I have talked with others who have agreed with my observation. Has anyone else here on the board noticed this? If things do happen to turn for the next generation, how do you think it would affect the dynamic of relationships and family in the black community?

I agree with PanAfrica, I think this is by natural design to produce more males than females.

Men are needed in larger quantities because historically we tend to die more from warfare, exposure, accidents, and strenuous labor.

But I've been saying for a few years now that while everyone seems to have noticed a shortage of black men....I'm seeing a shortage of black WOMEN!

Everytime I go to a party or coffee house, I'm surrounded by a crowd of :yo: G'd up bruthaz in gold chains ready, willing, and able to compete with the first half-way decent looking sista that walks through the door.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back