Black People : Media pushing white men and black women relationships

• j
    Those are your words, not mine. I don't believe it's important per se but I do believe it reflects reality. There are simply more interracial relationships in the country so we're going to see them on entertainment programs.

I don't believe black slave women thought it was natural because they had no choice. Today's black women do, and some of them choose to becoming romantically involved with men (and women) who do not have dark skin. I say it's perfectly natural because these women met their mates the same way everyone meets a partner: at work, at school, at church, at a club, online, through a mutual friend...

I mean love relationships that are based on mutual respect for another, love for another and a genuine desire to share one's life with another. People often share their culture within their relationship, but I believe for the most part this "color-blind love" between people of different races is no different than relationships between people of the same race.
    I understand that some ppl are color blind but I just cant see myself married to a white man.

The Black culture has been severly exploited. Long lasting relationships are based on truth and a sure foundation, and many of 'todays Black Women' have been mis-educated and going into relationships with a false sense of security, but they will soon find this out.
???How has the black culture been severely exploited? In America, this great country of composed of many cultures, we often borrow from each other all the time: food, music, expressions, hairstyles (look at all the black women on TV wearing long, straight Asian hair).

Your assumption that "many of today's Black Women' have been mis-educated and going into relationships with a false sense of security, but they will soon find this out" is just that, an assumption. I'm not sure what they (black women) will "find out" but whatever they find out, it doesn't appear to break them up, given that research indicates that white male/black female marriages have a lower divorce rate than even white male/white female unions.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1741-3729.2008.00491.x/pdf

I just don't understand all of the whining about interracial relationships in general and in this case, white male/black female relationships. Do you believe, as I do, that such relationships are a natural result of America's more integrated society? If so, it begs the next question: If interracial relationships are "natural" (admittedly my words, not yours) then how can there be anything wrong?

That's is so wonderful that you've been married for so long and to a Black man. Black loving relationships are rare, in my opinion. However, I don't believe that the entertainment industry is separate from politics or social issues. And as far as White men saying they love Black women, as a Black woman too I say, don't believe everything you hear at face value. Outside of movie stars with all that money who marry White men, I don't see that kind of relationship last past just the carnal aspect.

Research says otherwise. According to a study, white male/black female marriages have a lower divorce rate than even white male/white female formal unions.

I do recognize that Black men, White men, and other, will appreciate attractive women whether they are White, Black, or other, but this government and politics are a definite factor when it comes to marriage and commitment.

In some respects I agree with you. When the government got out of the segregation business, nature took its course and people of different races started mixing it up; all perfectly natural.

'They do not want Black men to want to embrace Black women, so they are making us act unappealing and disgusting in the eyes of the Black man with these fantasy White men relationships. This government does not want anymore 'Martin Luthers' or Black men to speak out about issues like they did back in the day in regards to Black girls playing with White dolls and such. Our culture is being exploited continually. But Black women are being set up for a big fall.
Forgive me for being so blunt, but the above is conspiracy-theory-white-boogieman nonsense; part of the "they are strong and we are weak" victimology schtick that keeps our people weak. People are getting together of their own free will because they are meeting each other at school, at work, at the social event, at church, etc. No big conspiracy, just nature taking its course; and that reality is being reflected on TV.

Research says otherwise. According to a study, white male/black female marriages have a lower divorce rate than even white male/white female formal unions.

In some respects I agree with you. When the government got out of the segregation business, nature took its course and people of different races started mixing it up; all perfectly natural.

Forgive me for being so blunt, but the above is conspiracy-theory-white-boogieman nonsense; part of the "they are strong and we are weak" victimology schtick that keeps our people weak. People are getting together of their own free will because they are meeting each other at school, at work, at the social event, at church, etc. No big conspiracy, just nature taking its course; and that reality is being reflected on TV.

"...reflected on TV." "a reality", that is a funny statement.

???How has the black culture been severely exploited? In America, this great country of composed of many cultures, we often borrow from each other all the time: food, music, expressions, hairstyles (look at all the black women on TV wearing long, straight Asian hair).

Your assumption that "many of today's Black Women' have been mis-educated and going into relationships with a false sense of security, but they will soon find this out" is just that, an assumption. I'm not sure what they (black women) will "find out" but whatever they find out, it doesn't appear to break them up, given that research indicates that white male/black female marriages have a lower divorce rate than even white male/white female unions.

I just don't understand all of the whining about interracial relationships in general and in this case, white male/black female relationships. Do you believe, as I do, that such relationships are a natural result of America's more integrated society? If so, it begs the next question: If interracial relationships are "natural" (admittedly my words, not yours) then how can there be anything wrong?

As I said earlier, you're right about 'integration' because the slave master had no problems integrating with the black slave girls and women and as far as today, well, this government is about 400+ years old, and time will tell, but it's too soon to believe statistics right now.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back