Black People : Media pushing white men and black women relationships

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ru2religious, May 19, 2015.

1. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    You know I've been kind of gone for a minute because a contract that I'm working is consuming much of my time - but with that being said - I'm glad to be back.

Now to the point of this thread. So I started dating this sista and have been for the last 8 months give or take and when we got together she ACTED like we share a lot of points of views. Recently, I've been faced with the harsh reality that we don't and one of the ways is through media.

I've noticed that she likes to watch a lot of TV which I have absolutely no problem with but what I'm paying attention to is the shows that she likes to watch such as Scandal, The Flash and some daytime soap-operas. What I've noticed about all of these shows that all of the sistas that act in them have white boyfriends or husbands. Now to some that might not seem like anything special but it is - it appears that the media is pushing this ideology that the white man is the best thing moving for black women. So here it is - I'm doing some work on my computer and she has on one of those Scandal shows and she turns to me and says "y`all black men better be careful - these white boys are starting to look good and they are taking over" and then she laughed as though she though I would find amusement in her proclamation. So I stopped and asked her "what do you mean by that statement" and she said "exactly what I said, these white boys are coming up" but what she really meant to say is that "these white boys are taking over where the black man is failing".

Me being who I am sat my computer to the side and started watching the show and was heated internally. She has all of these shows recorded on her cable system. So then I sat there and said "I'm going to watch what you are going to watch next" I literally put my work to the side to see what's really going on. So then she puts on this soap-opera and it had a black woman who has this white boyfriend but then there was a secret she was holding, she's really a black man. So I turned and looked at her in disqust and asked her "why would you watch this type of mess if your supposedly conscious as you told me you are. Do you see what they are doing - they are attacking black women and black men at the same time. That same show had one black couple but guess what - he's a criminal and works for the mob and his woman is an FBI agent. You know they are not going to paint a good picture of black men. Anywho, the black woman is really a black man and they have her acting this part.

This particular show has a black man that is a criminal and a black woman who is really a black man. humm... Then she put it on the flash and my cousin (Candice Patton) lead role is dating a white cop but she's in love with the white super-hero 'The Flash'. I'm sitting here in awww as I began to question even more. She said well you black men just want to hurt us and these white men are coming through saving the day. I said, "Is that so while gathering my things..." and went home.

She keeps calling me and I've made it real clear that she's needs to get one of those white boys that's coming up... You see the media is killing our women brains - statistics show the black women watch more TV than any other people. Our women are constantly subjected to white washing and now they are making excuses for white male behavior. She works and she comes home complaining about how the white males at her job treat her like she's a slave and that they are being racist but when she watches TV she has that glowing smile on her face as she becomes swept off her feet by the romanticism that is shown by the white boy to the black women.

How do we address this issue? How do we show our women that this is all B/S? When you take the black women out - then you've taken out the entire race - and they are working on the black women now. I don't want to hear nothing about the black man and white women because statistic show that black men are more likely to marry a black woman than any other woman. Why are the force feeding black women this B/S. Why are they turning black women into black men or black men into black women? They are feminizing the black male at the same time putting that black feminine male with a white male.

Its like this:

1.) black women with white males -
    2.) transgender black males to female with white male -
    3.) black male criminal and his black FBI female is going to take him out -
    4.) white male is the super-hero and she love him and other white male
    5.) black rich girl gets with white successful male
    6.) black male ask transgender black male for hand in marriage but is rejected because white male is more suitable for black transgender male

I mean the messages being sent through these TV shows are nothing more than pure evil with an assignment to destroy. Our black women are more likely to watch these show than any other show.

• Thank You Thank You x 3
    • List
  2. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    The attack is real on black women - I mean this is getting serious!!!

Black women constitute 75% of the black church experience. The women are shepherded by black preacher who are teaching the message "you don't need no man, you need Jesus" and our sistas are dying alone. They are angry because they don't have nobody but how can they when their spiritual adviser is tell them they don't need a man until its too late?

Black man goes to church and then he sees the single sista stand up and say "I don't need no man - I have Jesus" and then he witness all of the other single sistas stand up or clap their hands at the statement - he's going to get up and walk out. There's no room for him in there. I know this is a little off topic but it amazes me the attack on black women and how it appears that no one is paying attention to it. The church women are dying lonely but they have Jesus and the blame on black men to lean upon. Wow!!!

Basically our women are told to have Jesus whom they can't see as their husbands or marry the white man who have zero love for them. My homegirl was married to a white boy for 10 years and now they are divorced. She said that white man called her the N at least twice ever season of the year so she was guaranteed at least 8 N's per year. I mean - am I the only one seeing this garbage?

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    i watch a lot of TV and i see the same thing that you see.

it doesn't affect me because i see what they are doing.
    i record the shows and fast forward to the action parts.

i think anybody who is actually impacted by the TV is probably not smart enough to deal with a real brother.

move on and get you a better sister.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. KPITRL

KPITRL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    I've noticed this putting White man with Black women stuff from day one, and been very vocal about it. But this gay Black male thing blind-sided me completely. What did we expect, after so many remained silent, and others attacked the ones who spoke up. Now you can get attacked for speaking up against movies or shows that so much as challenge Black male manhood...sometimes by other Black males.

Even though the relationship had taken a turn for the worst anyway, I once dumped a sister because she told me she was recording Scandal...and I liked her. What added fuel to the fire was the reason she told me. During a little heated debate, she began to share some things with me that didn't necessarily help our relationship...I'll leave it at that. Somewhere doing that conversation, I went ahead and told her I dated an Ethiopian girl once. So before she got off the phone, she told me she wanted to get home from somewhere early the next evening so she could record Scandal. She knew enough about me to know that was shaky grounds, and my gut feeling told me it was in retaliation for telling her I dated the Ethiopian. Although Black people don't look at them as totally White, it kinda of points in that direction, especially with the reputation Ethiopian women have for not dating African-American men.

With those unwise things she suddenly decided to shared with me, plus the Scandal thing which sealed the deal, I texted her a few days later and told her to keep it moving. I shouldn't have expected too much anyway from a sister who would suggest we go see a movie starring Halle Berry for our first movie date. That almost ruined it from the start after I whispered in her ear during the movie that it was kinda confusing watching Halle Berry on screen involved with a Black man after she had a baby by a White man, and dated some before that...not to mention Monsters Ball. But her response was, "Those Black men had their chance". I could have responded and said, "She had her chance with those Black men as well". Anyway, that's when I was supposed had took my popcorn and left...then that Scandal thing and every other dumb thing that she surprised me with later could have been avoided.

By the way the movie was "The Call", and it was a dark-skinned brother at that. But I didn't say that part, and not because she was dark skinned herself. Although she sorta looked like a dark-skinned version of Halle Berry, I wouldn't have said that part even if she had been light-skinned or my complexion. But watching Halle Berry go from these White men to this dark-skinned brother did standout...although it didn't make her look like no more of a sister to me. Then on top of that, the movie wasn't even my type of movie (kidnapping and torturing women). Anyway, unless you know your dates conscious level or views on IR, a Halle Berry movie may not be the first movie you want to see, unless you're trying to test your dates reaction...and I think that's what this chick was doing once I learned more about her. I went out with women who chose movies to test their dates reactions, and I never liked that, and it's usually the fine ones for some reason.

But to my surprise, I felt so much better after I gave this girl that keep it moving text. I was expecting to feel sad because I really did like her. But instead, it was like taking a load off of my shoulders. After I did this, I began to remember some of those comments she made that I was in denial about. She had that style where you'd think you was talking to one of the nicest girls in the world, then she'd say some comment, or give you some text that would rub you the wrong way, leaving you confused. Than she snapped back to the nice girl again. For example before I knew that the symbol "colon sign followed by p" meant sticking your tongue out at somebody, she once gave me a text like I'll call you this evening followed by that symbol or I'll see you tomorrow followed by that symbol. I thought that symbol was another type of smile symbol, but she never used that for a smile. So I looked it up and found out what it meant. We never had an argument because she hated arguing, plus she never joked with me. Her being a pretty girl and nice, I was about to overlook it and assume she meant smile and she just made a mistake...which I know a lot of guys would have tried to assume, young guys especially.

Although she kept herself up, this wasn't no young chick by far. And she came out similar to the way she did at that Halle Berry movie before, but seldom. But I had let it go then because I didn't want to spoil the mood. But I didn't let this go, and if she was trying to keep me at a distance for some other guy, which was probably the case, or even drop me slowly but surely, then I wanted to know and go our separate ways. So when I texted her back asking what she meant by that symbol, she responded two hours later that she was sorry, and the response should have been a smile. I never did find out if she was saying she was sorry for mistaking the symbol for a smile, or sorry for sticking her tongue out. After knowing her better a little later, I think it was the latter, and she knew exactly what she was doing.

So I'm not saying you should have dumped your girl when you first found out she was watching Scandal, although I probably would have, that's still a judgment call. However what you're saying doesn't surprise me.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    it's hard to find people who are not impacted by the brainwashing.....

6. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Welcome back into the fray brother, and good way to return presenting this topic.

The term "attack" may be an overstatement, but every propaganda has a target audience.

Was integration an attack on black unity? No, but it effected it
    Was Jim Crow an attack on black unity? No, it actually strengthened it
    Was Barack Obama an attack on black unity? Heck yes!

(Take a moment to think on that last one)

The above are essentially opinions based on the context and the lens we see them through

Inter-racial affairs or romances have a more fanatical (fantasy) effect than what many think.
    There are times when brothers would be hanging out and see a "white" female that had the visual qualities and mental qualities that would put some sisters to shame, and we would have to accept and appreciate that these variables do exist on both sides.

Went on a blind date when I was young and thought she was Puerto Rican. When we met, found out she was just "white". My first "white" date, but as an open minded young man I pushed on and interacted with her (really was more interested in her roommate who happened to be a sister; but she was "muslim" and I had yet to give up the swine).

Anyway, long story short... ole girl had some serious "SUSPECT" tendencies, and would lie about little stuff, that was my cue to get far far away and not look back. The experience was not a fantasy for me, but since the opportunity presented itself directly, I used it to observe and gain understanding of myself as well as not having to get bamboozled into persuasive thinking... she was one helluva persuasive, and TV can only do but so much.

RealityTV is basically all they present, in the form of Drama or Science Fiction.

Could list the many forms of propaganda used to persuade a target audience to buy what producers are selling.

• Homoerotica
    • Alternate Reality Travel
    • Racialerotica/Raceplay (intercultural courtships; Romeo/Juliet)
    • Paraphilia (rape, incest, etc)
    • Homicidal Ideation (violent fantasies)

These are all apart of the marketing to create sensational material that producers would otherwise consider viewing a bore if not for them.

But creative minds tend to come and go, as people find the mundane more tasty and consistent, so the producers give them what they want.

If the sisters (or brothers) did not already have these sorts of "fantasies" or thoughts within them, the teletube surely is not that strong of a force to change or reprogram a strong mind... weak mind ones are the "least of these", and they tend to gravitate to weak minded material.

Supply and demand, sometimes the mirror speaks loud and clear, we just keep trying to hide what we see.

There is a show that has honestly surprised me, and it falls along the lines of which one was relaying about "black women/white men".

Actually a few, but will start with one in particular, it's called "Originals".
    It's a vampire, witch, werewolf drama that basically touches on all of the 5 tenets listed above (H.A.R.P.H.)

In it (watching it in catchup form), the cast is black and white for the most part, and the characters do not seem to need to have a set containment as some have switched to different bodies.

Case in point, some of the characters are presented as deceased white people, but come back as affluented black people, even to the extent that some of them desire the black body more than their own original body.

A white female vampire is in love with a black male vampire, but is eventually "trapped" in a black female witches body that was feared by many witches, including her once love, a black male witch. Yep, it's confusing as all get out, and if I hadn't been trying to keep up with the plot series, I probably would have never desired to watch it.

But the white female vampire, inhabiting the body of the black witch, thinks of her new body as an upgrade, and now the interracial love of the white female vampire and black male vampire (who was once in charge of the town, yes, he is a Boss) has become a black female witch with a black male vampire... crazy is crazy, but that mundane stuff that the Media Industrial Complex peddles is just to bland for me to even attempt to entertain.

I only watch Scandal (catchup, tv isn't really that serious) hoping that Olivia Pope will take over the White House and bring her mother and father in for a family reunion to help her run it, that other stuff is fodder until then.

So to bring this together, there used to be a memo that came along the tv when they were trying to make sure their stuff was getting through to the masses, it went something like:

"This is a TEST"

Think she was testing you brother?
    I have been tested by exes before, only realize how badly I failed after the fact.

Some could respond: "the grass isn't always greener on the other side"
    Or find ways to make the grass greener on the side we are on.

If TV is strong enough to break up a relationship, that is not a strong relationship to begin with.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. KPITRL

KPITRL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    Good post bruh, but I leave the testing to God. And he will test both parties believe me, and the initial test usually comes quick. That chick I was dating may have been testing me. Then assuming she was, some may want to say I failed. But I say she failed her own test. Instead of responding with, "Those brothers had their chance", a better response to a brother would have been something on the lines of, "Yeah, I see she trying to get back in the family...lol", or "Halle need to make up her mind", or "Look like she trying to play both sides". But she responded with a blanket statement on all Black men by practically saying Black men had their chance, indicating she would have did the same thing, or did do the same thing before at some point in her life. In that case, I probably did fail the test: when I failed to dump all my popcorn on her head and leave. Then she failed again by testing me in the first place. I'm a man, not no test- mouse, or robot.

As for the OP, if he was being tested, then based on what I read, he stuck it out longer than most brothers. Now testing to see if a brother walks you to the door, makes sure you're in safe, etc..., I understand that. That falls more in the line of nature or even God testing you. But to introduce something as divisive as IR dating ( lets just be for real and say White boys), and include that in the test bed, would suggest that there wasn't a strong relationship to begin with like you said. If someone sees you as being that expendable, than get ready for some heartache and headache. And get ready for worst disrespect, because that's coming. But all that can be nipped in the bud. In my case, I wounded up having to put the cigarette out after it was lit for a minute. But I've seen some let the fire get too close to the lips.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. KMeister

KMeister Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +242
    ??? A sign to destroy...what exactly?

I don't believe there really is a MESSAGE. I suspect the producers of these TV shows are trying to pull in a wider audience, thus induce more people to watch, thus induce people to buy the products advertised via commerecials. The increase in IR couples is a reflection of society--just like showing women who are doctors and police officers, gay couples, main actors who are are wheelchairs or blind, etc. Researach demonstrates that young people are the sought-after demographics for advertisers, and young people want to see more diverse characters on the screen. No message, just the sign of the times.

By the by, I have noticed that TV shows and movies that feature IR couples do so without the fact that they're an IR couple being part of the storyline. I think that's a good thing. Again, a sign of the times.

9. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    I agree with your post.
    I also believe the media has taken liberties with programs showing BF/WM relationships from longstanding programs with BM/WF.

What I'm see more of is the BM leaving his BW for another race, and vise versa.

Both are a bit nauseating to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I do feel your passion and believe that you've done the right thing and broke off your relationship. I don't feel that this trend is new today but an old one that is being relied upon to keep White Supremacy alive. It's the slave woman's mentality in that we have been made to view the slave master as our hero and pathway to a better life and then, actually it goes back much farther in time too. As a Black AFrican American woman, this subject just really hurts and it burns me up inside. It's like our brains our diseased and we've been made to view the White man as being better than our own species but, no matter what, if we give birth to a malefactor, HE'S GOING TO BE A BLACK MALEFACTOR! We give birth to the black man, and then this disease of White Supremacy is further pushed because our mothers proceed to pick over our children based upon light skin, good hair [?], and other traits that support White Supremacy. Yes, I do agree that the Black man has failed us, but we are the FIRST NURTURERS that instill self confidence or self-hatred in the Black world, the Black culture.

So, in my opinion, when it comes down to it, it is not the Black man that has failed us that shapes the Black world, but the Black nurturer that is the beginning of the problem. If the Black woman choosed to project hatred against the Black man through her own Black male children then that will reshape the Black world to be a better culture. I hear my sons frustration too, at negativities in our culture, however, they have a healthy appreciation for women in general, but they have an awesome appreciation for Black women and I believe it has a lot to do with me and how much love and adoration I have showed toward the presence of the Black man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black people relationships

2. why is the media promoting black women and with White men

3. black woman white man movies

4. black women and white men tv shows,
  5. why does the media keep pushing white women to date black men,
  6. why is the media pushing white men with black women,
  7. how media has turned black women agianst black men,
  8. medias push for black women white men,