Black People : Media pushing white men and black women relationships

ru2religious

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 10, 2008
You know I've been kind of gone for a minute because a contract that I'm working is consuming much of my time - but with that being said - I'm glad to be back.

Now to the point of this thread. So I started dating this sista and have been for the last 8 months give or take and when we got together she ACTED like we share a lot of points of views. Recently, I've been faced with the harsh reality that we don't and one of the ways is through media.

I've noticed that she likes to watch a lot of TV which I have absolutely no problem with but what I'm paying attention to is the shows that she likes to watch such as Scandal, The Flash and some daytime soap-operas. What I've noticed about all of these shows that all of the sistas that act in them have white boyfriends or husbands. Now to some that might not seem like anything special but it is - it appears that the media is pushing this ideology that the white man is the best thing moving for black women. So here it is - I'm doing some work on my computer and she has on one of those Scandal shows and she turns to me and says "y`all black men better be careful - these white boys are starting to look good and they are taking over" and then she laughed as though she though I would find amusement in her proclamation. So I stopped and asked her "what do you mean by that statement" and she said "exactly what I said, these white boys are coming up" but what she really meant to say is that "these white boys are taking over where the black man is failing".

Me being who I am sat my computer to the side and started watching the show and was heated internally. She has all of these shows recorded on her cable system. So then I sat there and said "I'm going to watch what you are going to watch next" I literally put my work to the side to see what's really going on. So then she puts on this soap-opera and it had a black woman who has this white boyfriend but then there was a secret she was holding, she's really a black man. So I turned and looked at her in disqust and asked her "why would you watch this type of mess if your supposedly conscious as you told me you are. Do you see what they are doing - they are attacking black women and black men at the same time. That same show had one black couple but guess what - he's a criminal and works for the mob and his woman is an FBI agent. You know they are not going to paint a good picture of black men. Anywho, the black woman is really a black man and they have her acting this part.

This particular show has a black man that is a criminal and a black woman who is really a black man. humm... Then she put it on the flash and my cousin (Candice Patton) lead role is dating a white cop but she's in love with the white super-hero 'The Flash'. I'm sitting here in awww as I began to question even more. She said well you black men just want to hurt us and these white men are coming through saving the day. I said, "Is that so while gathering my things..." and went home.

She keeps calling me and I've made it real clear that she's needs to get one of those white boys that's coming up... You see the media is killing our women brains - statistics show the black women watch more TV than any other people. Our women are constantly subjected to white washing and now they are making excuses for white male behavior. She works and she comes home complaining about how the white males at her job treat her like she's a slave and that they are being racist but when she watches TV she has that glowing smile on her face as she becomes swept off her feet by the romanticism that is shown by the white boy to the black women.

How do we address this issue? How do we show our women that this is all B/S? When you take the black women out - then you've taken out the entire race - and they are working on the black women now. I don't want to hear nothing about the black man and white women because statistic show that black men are more likely to marry a black woman than any other woman. Why are the force feeding black women this B/S. Why are they turning black women into black men or black men into black women? They are feminizing the black male at the same time putting that black feminine male with a white male.

Its like this:

1.) black women with white males -
2.) transgender black males to female with white male -
3.) black male criminal and his black FBI female is going to take him out -
4.) white male is the super-hero and she love him and other white male
5.) black rich girl gets with white successful male
6.) black male ask transgender black male for hand in marriage but is rejected because white male is more suitable for black transgender male

I mean the messages being sent through these TV shows are nothing more than pure evil with an assignment to destroy. Our black women are more likely to watch these show than any other show.

The attack is real on black women - I mean this is getting serious!!!

Black women constitute 75% of the black church experience. The women are shepherded by black preacher who are teaching the message "you don't need no man, you need Jesus" and our sistas are dying alone. They are angry because they don't have nobody but how can they when their spiritual adviser is tell them they don't need a man until its too late?

Black man goes to church and then he sees the single sista stand up and say "I don't need no man - I have Jesus" and then he witness all of the other single sistas stand up or clap their hands at the statement - he's going to get up and walk out. There's no room for him in there. I know this is a little off topic but it amazes me the attack on black women and how it appears that no one is paying attention to it. The church women are dying lonely but they have Jesus and the blame on black men to lean upon. Wow!!!

Basically our women are told to have Jesus whom they can't see as their husbands or marry the white man who have zero love for them. My homegirl was married to a white boy for 10 years and now they are divorced. She said that white man called her the N at least twice ever season of the year so she was guaranteed at least 8 N's per year. I mean - am I the only one seeing this garbage?

i watch a lot of TV and i see the same thing that you see.

it doesn't affect me because i see what they are doing.
i record the shows and fast forward to the action parts.

i think anybody who is actually impacted by the TV is probably not smart enough to deal with a real brother.

move on and get you a better sister.

Last edited:
I've noticed this putting White man with Black women stuff from day one, and been very vocal about it. But this gay Black male thing blind-sided me completely. What did we expect, after so many remained silent, and others attacked the ones who spoke up. Now you can get attacked for speaking up against movies or shows that so much as challenge Black male manhood...sometimes by other Black males.

Even though the relationship had taken a turn for the worst anyway, I once dumped a sister because she told me she was recording Scandal...and I liked her. What added fuel to the fire was the reason she told me. During a little heated debate, she began to share some things with me that didn't necessarily help our relationship...I'll leave it at that. Somewhere doing that conversation, I went ahead and told her I dated an Ethiopian girl once. So before she got off the phone, she told me she wanted to get home from somewhere early the next evening so she could record Scandal. She knew enough about me to know that was shaky grounds, and my gut feeling told me it was in retaliation for telling her I dated the Ethiopian. Although Black people don't look at them as totally White, it kinda of points in that direction, especially with the reputation Ethiopian women have for not dating African-American men.

With those unwise things she suddenly decided to shared with me, plus the Scandal thing which sealed the deal, I texted her a few days later and told her to keep it moving. I shouldn't have expected too much anyway from a sister who would suggest we go see a movie starring Halle Berry for our first movie date. That almost ruined it from the start after I whispered in her ear during the movie that it was kinda confusing watching Halle Berry on screen involved with a Black man after she had a baby by a White man, and dated some before that...not to mention Monsters Ball. But her response was, "Those Black men had their chance". I could have responded and said, "She had her chance with those Black men as well". Anyway, that's when I was supposed had took my popcorn and left...then that Scandal thing and every other dumb thing that she surprised me with later could have been avoided.

By the way the movie was "The Call", and it was a dark-skinned brother at that. But I didn't say that part, and not because she was dark skinned herself. Although she sorta looked like a dark-skinned version of Halle Berry, I wouldn't have said that part even if she had been light-skinned or my complexion. But watching Halle Berry go from these White men to this dark-skinned brother did standout...although it didn't make her look like no more of a sister to me. Then on top of that, the movie wasn't even my type of movie (kidnapping and torturing women). Anyway, unless you know your dates conscious level or views on IR, a Halle Berry movie may not be the first movie you want to see, unless you're trying to test your dates reaction...and I think that's what this chick was doing once I learned more about her. I went out with women who chose movies to test their dates reactions, and I never liked that, and it's usually the fine ones for some reason.

But to my surprise, I felt so much better after I gave this girl that keep it moving text. I was expecting to feel sad because I really did like her. But instead, it was like taking a load off of my shoulders. After I did this, I began to remember some of those comments she made that I was in denial about. She had that style where you'd think you was talking to one of the nicest girls in the world, then she'd say some comment, or give you some text that would rub you the wrong way, leaving you confused. Than she snapped back to the nice girl again. For example before I knew that the symbol "colon sign followed by p" meant sticking your tongue out at somebody, she once gave me a text like I'll call you this evening followed by that symbol or I'll see you tomorrow followed by that symbol. I thought that symbol was another type of smile symbol, but she never used that for a smile. So I looked it up and found out what it meant. We never had an argument because she hated arguing, plus she never joked with me. Her being a pretty girl and nice, I was about to overlook it and assume she meant smile and she just made a mistake...which I know a lot of guys would have tried to assume, young guys especially.

Although she kept herself up, this wasn't no young chick by far. And she came out similar to the way she did at that Halle Berry movie before, but seldom. But I had let it go then because I didn't want to spoil the mood. But I didn't let this go, and if she was trying to keep me at a distance for some other guy, which was probably the case, or even drop me slowly but surely, then I wanted to know and go our separate ways. So when I texted her back asking what she meant by that symbol, she responded two hours later that she was sorry, and the response should have been a smile. I never did find out if she was saying she was sorry for mistaking the symbol for a smile, or sorry for sticking her tongue out. After knowing her better a little later, I think it was the latter, and she knew exactly what she was doing.

So I'm not saying you should have dumped your girl when you first found out she was watching Scandal, although I probably would have, that's still a judgment call. However what you're saying doesn't surprise me.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back