Pan Africanism : Latino or Afro-Latino? You decide!

Johnny "Brazo" come lately...tries to strike back"

Brazo Fuerte said:
I read the previous line of posts and found nothing wrong with posting a couple of thoughts out of many others in Spanish, to someone else who SHOULD understand what she says. If moomoo wants to make it a point to speak in Spanish, maybe that is the language she feels most comfortable expressing her thoughts in. Why should she be forced to speak to another Latin person in English? Most of the other posts were apparently directed at an English-dominant forum. But, she posts a couple of thoughts to another Latin in Spanish and suddenly you are out to get her. Most English-speakers in the United States are so arrogant to the fact that they are so linguo- and cultural-centric that they forget how the rest of the world has to extend their ears to speak-read-write English. Why don't you make it a point to learn how to speak-read-write Spanish? The world doesn't have to be stuck on English, you know. You could learn a thing or two from sharing. But, noooooo- you're so caught up in trying to prove how black other countries are that you only choose to accept what is necessary for YOUR comfort. How culturally-imperialist. Everything on U.S. terms. Seems like the entire world should just start speaking English, just cause you SAY SO. Yeah, right.

Segregate thoughts? Please. That sounds so STUPID. The problem is that most of YOU U.S. citizens are so stuck on yourselves you isolate the rest of us. Trust me, we are NOT looking towards the U.S. for any enlightenment. One look at what's going on in the world and it is plain to see that you only lead the world in IMPERIALISM. Many here seem like a bunch of English-speaking people who don't get where Latin people are coming from or even CARE how they see and perceive the world. It all has to fall in line with your CULTURAL DICTATES or it is simply chalked up as wrong and erroneous thinking. As if NO ONE ELSE can have a valid perception on LIFE. Maybe there are more pressing issues such as unity within one's nation that could lift people out of poverty and despair. Just because Blacks in the U.S. don't want to get along with the Whites of the U.S. and vice versa does that mean that the whole world has to follow suit. I don't particularly give a hoot if someone puts the afro hyphen before their nationality as that honestly does nothing to solve the economic and more realistic issues facing our nations. You can't even settle your own issues in the U.S., yet you think you can help the rest of us handle ours? Pleeeeease! As for a black-mulatto-whatever being in charge of a country, all you have to do is look at Venezuela. Chavez is a "mulatto-mestizo" and has no qualms saying so. And, even still- while he makes it a point to correct the imbalances set forth by colonization- he doesn't go around exhibiting prejudice to the mestizo or whites & arabs who make up the rest of his nation. I think the problem here is that you base every single thing on race and stay STUCK there. None of that really honestly solves a damned thing. Extend your understanding to the world OUTSIDE of you and the world will do the same because it is obvious that you only hear and see what you WANT to hear and see.

If Moo moo wants to post in Spanish there is no one here who will stop her, but the owner of this domain… if its her prerogative; so far that has not happen. There has been no group of people more arrogant than some of the Latinos posting here at Destee.com. It seems the embarrassment of Latin America’s retrogressive socio-politics, latent Jim Crowism and ambiguously racist attitudes that are exemplified in the social structure of Latin America has made some conservative Latinos uncomfortable and has invoked a “so-called” “righteous indignation” directed toward African American posters who are exposing your racist attitudes. You feel it is your need to try to school African Americans on color and race in Latin America. This is more than laughable. Man, you must think the rest of the world is blind and ALL Latinos of African descent are fools. Overt arrogance and imperialism among African Americans?? (lol)… remember, you came to us by posting here, we didn’t come to you.

If you would like to put African Americans in the same boat philosophically and politically with America’s imperialistic yearnings, once again that is your prerogative, but it shows your ignorance of African American socio-political beliefs and your inability to discourse beyond the propaganda you have been digesting, about African Americans. We are here to communicate, not to engage in personal and private “tribal” or ethnic battles, among Latinos. English is the colonial language we are stuck with and Spanish is the colonial language you are stuck with; so don’t flatter yourself. If you can’t communicate in the language we are using here than you need to post at a Spanish only site and enjoy your intellectual masturbation and loathing there.

Peace,

Brother Sun Ship

Sun Ship Sinks

Of course you would make such a STUPID remark about go and post at a Spanish-only site, instead of being inclusive and learning a thing or two. Live your life in your little bubble and see where it gets you, see who will be there when the chips are down. The only one who believes in Jim Crow is YOU. And it is made even more obvious by your ridiculous rant and wanting to wish that the whole world sides with your own beliefs. You should get out more often and meet different kinds of folks. Monolingualism is not a good thing, especially for pseudo intellectuals like yourself. :hammer:

You aren't intelligent enough to sink this ship, "johnny" Brazo

FYI. The many members of my closest and extended family speak at least 4 languages fluently … Spanish, French, English and Yoruba. Several of the people are bilingual and a few are trilingual. When we are all talking among our selves, we use one language in common and in the U.S. they skillfully and respectfully use the English language, so we ALL can have part in the discussion…for we are a family. And Destee.com is a forum family, BASED IN THE U.S.

I think you came here on a mission and took a wrong turn :lol:. I think you need to find a conservative white folks site to discuss the politics behind monolingualism in the U.S.(lol). Because, if it becomes the law, it won’t be Black folks dropping that hammer :hammer: on the head of Spanish speakers in the U.S. :hammer: :lol:

If Black folks were only to define themselves by the English language, we would’ve definitely been in trouble throughout all of our history, ‘cause whites have been trying to get us to speak an English they can easily decipher since we’ve been here :lol:.

You call me a pseudo-intellectual; well I would rather have some form of intelligence rather than no intelligence at all :lol: or anything to say that’s intelligent, and “Johnny” Brazo, you are at least two post deep and haven’t said anything worth discussing yet.

Basta,

Sun Ship

Brazo Fuerte said:
Of course you would make such a STUPID remark about go and post at a Spanish-only site, instead of being inclusive and learning a thing or two. Live your life in your little bubble and see where it gets you, see who will be there when the chips are down. The only one who believes in Jim Crow is YOU. And it is made even more obvious by your ridiculous rant and wanting to wish that the whole world sides with your own beliefs. You should get out more often and meet different kinds of folks. Monolingualism is not a good thing, especially for pseudo intellectuals like yourself. :hammer:

It is obvious that you need to get out, because you have lumped the legacy of African Americans with that of White male ameican imperialism and hegemony. Nobody here is excluding latinos, but you must remember that you are a guest in a house that black americans created(destee) for the edification of our own people.

But ofcourse if you don't like what you see or how you're being treated, let me show you the :getout:

If you ever browsed www.brownpride.com you will see that many Latino's hold a profound contempt for African peoples and one of the most bigoted web sites I have ever seen. I have never seen a black oriented web site with such vile and vitriol against any people including white.

This quote is the theme at this Latino forum which is not discouraged one bit "Who loves a cracker or a N166az is a race traitor" it is my hope that this is not typical because if it is our country is being flooded with millions of racists each and every year from Hispanic countries.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back