Pan Africanism : Latino or Afro-Latino? You decide!

Zoraida said:
I understand, papi, but pleeeeease....... I am getting a headache over here trying to read through these posts. It's a cheerful time of the year (should be every day, but still). Let's not get into a pissing contest with each other. I also speak Spanish and it also my 1st language, but jeeez. Tell your wife that "alla" does not mean "hell" nor does it imply that. It's like saying "you need to chill with that" more than anything else. The tone and cultural angle she is coming from appears to be of someone who is from there which is always gonna be different than someone raised here. (sigh) I am almost sorry I opened my mouth here. :weird:

No need to be sorry Zoraida. There are differences between Spanish dialects just as there are differences between English dialects. However the message and the general tone is correct. I am not disputing what was said, but how it was said. What was said is opinion which everyone is entitled to.

Zoraida said:
I just did my nails and I can't really type what I am trying to say. But I am not singling anyone out by saying "Please be respectful". I meant it to all those who like to bare their teeth in these posts. Yes, Pan, respect is importnt. Z

Men don't have that problem, but I am writing this as I'm preparing for work, so I am equally distracted! Respect is always a must, it is what separates Destee.com from similar forums on the web!

bien dicho Zoraida

Zoraida said:
I don't think she is invalidating anything there. It seems that there is a gap of difference between those Cubans who live in Miami and those who are living in Cuba. As a Puerto Rican and a Latina, I can understand both sides of this situation. Sometimes people can run hot over political issues (Puerto Ricans, too, considering what is going on with us in terms of status and finding identity). Each one is expressing their perspective, but I don't think throwing water into a pan of burning oil is going to solve it, PanAfrica. It seems like a conversation that must see its course. MooMoo is trying to say that it is different in Cuba and that Etero is not really aware of the situation for Black people there. Please don't incite a situation here! There is no where I read where it says "Go to hell with that!" You are interpreting it in too literal of a way and are missing its tone and Latino perspective. Etero is speaking of his experience in Miami with the Cubans (who are mostly white and are the ones who fled Cuba). MooMoo is explainging that those types of Cubans are like the elites who still hold on to racist perspectives.

Please be cordial. As passionate as each one sounds, this is just how Latin people talk sometimes (doesn't make everything correct). Still show some love when talking and discussing. :hearts2:

worm was used to describe those elite cubans that left with the first wave, they were mainly white, educated, and they were worms for leaving its not a direct hit on his parents more so their group, does not matter where they went as not all left for Miami. Some came to the Dominician Republic, some made it to Puerto Rico, they are all worms who left cuba.

Agree with zoraida nowhere does it say go to hell.

Notice her use of the word PAPI she was not calling you daddy PAN. Your wife will not translate from a caribbean or South American perspective. More from Madrid? Remember for spanish folk we are nothing but poor sudaca's. Their verson of the N word.

Copy to babblefish if you want a real loose translation of MooMoo whole piece will give the general gist. :welldone:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back