Black People : Is it mass denial........

FaithSoulSistah said:
I think the starting point is economic growth. We must begin to amass collective wealth and we do that buy buying black as much as possible. That's not to say we have to focus on that exclusively, but I think it should take priority. But I do not believe in blind support just because the person is black. If what they are selling is harming the community, they should not be supported. (Ex. Negative music, TV, movies)

And we can begin to organize ourselves into physical communiities. There is a brother called 13th Tribe who advocates majority state on BV. Basically saying for us to move to a state to become the majority population so that we can operate as a majority instead of a minority. I know I am not doing it justice, but I will ask if he is willing to start a thread on it here.

It would be great if the 13th tribe or anyone else can contribute here and help us think through organizing ourselves.

I proposed something similar a couple years ago when I first came to Destee...basically a mass reverse migration to the south.

Question is, how many of us are willing to actually follow through... to put our money and families where our mouth is?

FaithSoulSistah said:
Bro Hiphopolx, its the beggar mindset that helps to keep us impoverished. There is nothing wrong with asking for help, but you have to be focused on doing for self above all else. Collectively we are not, imo. And I maintain that asking an enemy for help out of a situation they purposefully put you in, is not sound thinking.

I'm looking at it in a business perspective not a beggar's perspective. Rich folks ask for money all the time, they ask for more money from more ppl and that is the simple break down of why they're rich. (if any body reading this truly desires to be rich also, then let those words mentally marinate)
I have associates that are entrepreneurs who concentrate more than I do on asking for money for their cause and business. They are both in media. One of them showed me a hand written paper he wrote that was on par with what I believe a kid in junior high could have wrote. And he got about $20,000 for it. The associate who put me on to the game been asking for a million dollar grant to open up a building for his media network. And in over a course of about 5 years steadily asking for it he got it. Asking for money is how he pays his bills and he's is actually more demanding it than asking for it. As I said b4 if that is the lifestyle you chose you better learn to get better at it than the average person when it comes to getting money out of folks. Money attracts money when he got that money all the ppl hating on him for his rough tactics gave him his 'spect'. And more ppl wanted to do business with him. The flipside to this is that there are dry spells particularly for them but that is with everything, even fortune 500 companies have their slumps.
Alot of big companies get grants and gov't assistance on the down low. Getting this money is not their main focus but spending a little time and effort on getting that extra money mos definitly helps. The company I work for gets billions of dollars plus receives gov't asst. If I were to get gov't asst. it would be called welfare and frowned upon. Rich folks get it and they get a pack on back from their colleagues and if they're a publicly traded company their stock goes up. There are billions of dollars out there in grants that are just for the ppl who ask for it as oppose to working hard for it.
Most of us are already working hard but would it hurt to take a little time while you're bored and look into some getting some of that C R E A M.
as a matter of fact if anybody has some kids going to college or in college here's a start
http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?p=493214#post493214

As far as business grants there's a lot of money out there too if anybody is interested let me know and I'll compile a list of that too

:qqb003:

Peace

kemetkind said:
Your definition of begging leaves a lot to be desired.

Let's try a different spin on begging, one more in line with the common usage of the word.

Begging means you are pleading (meaning you've been told no at least once) to be given something when you have nothing to give in return.
It may be that you do not understand how words work. The word "pleading" is just another word...another word that describes the same behavior.

That is how the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) will confuse people THEY SAY are non-white. THEY will say a "person" is a "human" and at the same time say a "human" is a "person" and you still don't know what a person does that nobody else does or what a human does that nobody else does because they don't explain to you what the BEHAVIOR is. Because to be either you have to DO something that nobody else does or what is the point of being either?

The word begging has become more important than what you are seeing. This is why you can look at the BEHAVIOR and not even see it...because the word that describes what you are looking at is not defined in terms of what a person DOES that is labeled a beggar. What does a beggar do that nobody else does? DO...DO...stop using labels to describe a BEHAVIOR and just explain the BEHAVIOR. The explanation of the BEHAVIOR will have to be the definition.

I know we have been taught to do this so it is really not our fault. The definition I use explains the BEHAVIOR of what a person that is begging DOES.

kemetkind said:
By the common usage, I'm not begging you brother Williams.

I am however coming to your level in an attempt to communicate in a way that works for you.

Even with your peculiar definition of begging, I'm still not begging you.

Why? Because I don't need (or want) anything from you.

It doesn't matter to me if you answer my original question. My intent was served by just asking it.

I hate that you could contort that to be begging, but given the ideology you are beholden to, I can't say I'm surprised.

By "group of people" I mean an ethnic group as defined here .
You are asking a question repeatedly that you do not want answered? Do you consider that to be insanity? What is insane BEHAVIOR?

FaithSoulSistah said:
Smh. This is just SAD brother Edward. And it shows just how far some people's thinking is removed from reality. We are talking about interaction with an ENEMY who is continually waging war on us. You are advocating BEGGING an enemy as a sound tactic of liberation. You are attempting to marginalize this unsound tactic by trying to relate it to situations that are NOT similar. You are grasping at straws and you know it. Are you a blind follower of Neely Fuller?
No madam, you are talking about interaction with an enemy. I'm talking about interaction with people. We are talking about two different things. I'm talking about taking an overall strategic position with people I come in contact with. I don't follow Neely Fuller or any other person for that matter. I follow what makes sense...something I've been doing since I came to this planet.

I noticed you didn't answer the question...

Is there ever a time when you are not "asking for what is needed and/or wanted using speech and/or action"?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back