Black People : Is it mass denial........

Destee said:
Brother anAfrican ... are you trying to get me banned from the site, by being all off-topic in the midst of a serious discussion ... making me think i'm finally finna get a husband and i can just throw caution to the wind and act any ol' kinda way i want ... ?? ... don't be try'n to get me banned! :love:

The picture doesn't come any bigger than that though ... sorry ... you're so sweet! :love:

:heart:

Destee
if i could make you think that then i would be so far ahead of the game ... (still love that voice, tho!) maybe i should throw some of that caution out the window too!

(oops! started as a joke but the frustration of losing the response i had been composing just sort of turned this into a rant.)
"on topic"??? around here??? now there is some "mass denial" thinking that things stay on topic!! besides that, one of the major topics of this forum is "Building With Our People" but a river runs through that one too, eh? why build when one can just pontificate endlessly asking needless questions that only serve to stretch out the convo? (what do you mean "what do you mean by "group of people"?"?!! given the context of the post that has to rank up there as one of those questions that means absolutely nothing but "i have to duck, quick!". pardon. chalk it up to my frustration at yet another "serious discussion" that is bound to go nowhere ... before it is asked: i keep hanging on hoping that this group of american Africans might come together and grow something ... but we do seem to keep losing folks over the years don't we? i wonder why ..)

on yet another hand, it could be a serious bit of "denial" that keeps me from taking the topic of this "off topic" diversion as the joke that it is, no? <g>

Edward Williams said:
You are begging right now...begging me to answer your question.

Your definition of begging leaves a lot to be desired.

Let's try a different spin on begging, one more in line with the common usage of the word.

Begging means you are pleading (meaning you've been told no at least once) to be given something when you have nothing to give in return.

By the common usage, I'm not begging you brother Williams.

I am however coming to your level in an attempt to communicate in a way that works for you.

Even with your peculiar definition of begging, I'm still not begging you.

Why? Because I don't need (or want) anything from you.

It doesn't matter to me if you answer my original question. My intent was served by just asking it.

I hate that you could contort that to be begging, but given the ideology you are beholden to, I can't say I'm surprised.

By "group of people" I mean an ethnic group as defined here .

Edward Williams said:
I define begging as "asking for what is needed and/or wanted using speech and/or action"
"Begging is the practice whereby a person obtains money, food, shelter or other things from people they encounter by request.
It is also referred to as sponging, spanging (short for "spare-changing") or (in American English) panhandling.

In larger cities, it is common to see beggars asking for money, food, or other items. Typically, beggars often beg for spare change equipped with coffee cups, mugs, small boxes, hats, or other items into which monies can be placed and sometimes display signs with messages such as "Help me. I'm homeless." Another popular form of begging is to imply, that by giving money you help an entire cause, or humanity"

what with everybody going around making up their own definitions of words we are going to have a hard time getting the revolution started....:insane:

Edward Williams said:
I define begging as "asking for what is needed and/or wanted using speech and/or action". I claim that people will be doing that definition until they die.

Is there ever a time when you are not "asking for what is needed and/or wanted using speech and/or action"?

Smh. This is just SAD brother Edward. And it shows just how far some people's thinking is removed from reality. We are talking about interaction with an ENEMY who is continually waging war on us. You are advocating BEGGING an enemy as a sound tactic of liberation. You are attempting to marginalize this unsound tactic by trying to relate it to situations that are NOT similar. You are grasping at straws and you know it. Are you a blind follower of Neely Fuller?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back