Jails / Prisons : Innocent teen spent 5 months in prison

Another sad tale of a black young man twisted into the system of destruction
sure it's painful and it hurts but we as a people is the product of this made system
so we by the color of our skin will be victimize and betrayed , looked at as bait to
feed the system !

where is JUSTICE ??????
So we have no solutions?

or plans?

we see this hapening and posted each 3 months for the past how long but
all we can do is say aint it a shame????

peace

I see someone has not read thru the many threads majorily titled:

"blame a black man"

- so hell bent on defending massa's system that even in the face of absolute innocence "they are justified" for detaining any black person even when store video clears him of being any where near the scene at the time of the crime!

these type of "black-ers" make me sick...

IMO, this is about two things: FACTS and the SPEED inwhich the justice system works. It's as simple as that.

The FACTS were on his side, the SPEED inwhich the justice system works was not.

But according to witnesses, the gunman got into a waiting car, which police contended could have covered eight blocks in that time.

On April 26, Franks was fetched from prison for a preliminary hearing, which by law must be assigned within 14 days of arrest. But in Philadelphia courts, awash in criminal cases, first hearings are almost always postponed. This one was, to May 13.

If someone wanted to construct an alibi, (which happens all the time) go someplace where you know you will be caught on tape.

SO, the fact that he was seen on tape eight blocks away is not an open and shut case when considering the other factors...NAMELY the facts that he was dressed identically to witness discriptions AND the fact that he had BLOOD ON HIS SHOES. Also, it wasn't like witness described a guy in blue jeans and a T-shirt, they described a guy in a GREEN SWEAT SUIT with a WHITE STRIPE.....(not very often that I see two guys in GREEN sweat suits in close proximity to one another unless they are on the same sports team).

If the victim was my family member, obviously I would want to get the right man, but had they let a suspect go just because he was caught on tape 8 blocks away within a few minutes of the shooting when he was 1) Seen getting into a car and speeding off which could have gotten him there in that amount of time. 2) dressed identically to witness description 3) The outfit was relatively uncommon & 4) he had blood on his shoes which was immediately determined to be human, I WOULD BE TICKED!!!

No where in the article does it mention anything about him having a criminal lawyer probono or otherwise

perhaps you should read it again. We all know you have a tendency to skip
over pertinent details.

A woman in her church suggested her uncle,
Mark S. Keenheel, who had a small practice in Germantown. Then the struggling
congregation, called Touch Your World International, came up with $3,500 to help pay him.
Keenheel believed his new client's story, he said. "This was a good kid."

check it out.

what other details are you failing to see?

IMO, this is about two things: FACTS and the SPEED inwhich the justice system works. It's as simple as that.

The FACTS were on his side, the SPEED inwhich the justice system works was not.

But according to witnesses, the gunman got into a waiting car, which police contended could have covered eight blocks in that time.

On April 26, Franks was fetched from prison for a preliminary hearing, which by law must be assigned within 14 days of arrest. But in Philadelphia courts, awash in criminal cases, first hearings are almost always postponed. This one was, to May 13.

If someone wanted to construct an alibi, (which happens all the time) go someplace where you know you will be caught on tape.

SO, the fact that he was seen on tape eight blocks away is not an open and shut case when considering the other factors...NAMELY the facts that he was dressed identically to witness discriptions AND the fact that he had BLOOD ON HIS SHOES. Also, it wasn't like witness described a guy in blue jeans and a T-shirt, they described a guy in a GREEN SWEAT SUIT with a WHITE STRIPE.....(not very often that I see two guys in GREEN sweat suits in close proximity to one another unless they are on the same sports team).

If the victim was my family member, obviously I would want to get the right man, but had they let a suspect go just because he was caught on tape 8 blocks away within a few minutes of the shooting when he was 1) Seen getting into a car and speeding off which could have gotten him there in that amount of time. 2) dressed identically to witness description 3) The outfit was relatively uncommon & 4) he had blood on his shoes which was immediately determined to be human, I WOULD BE TICKED!!!

There were two kinds of slaves, the house Negro and the field Negro.
The house Negroes — they lived in the house with master, they dressed
pretty good, they ate good because they ate his food — what he left.
They lived in the attic or the basement, but still they lived near the master;
and they loved the master more than the master loved himself. They would
give their life to save the master's house — quicker than the master would.
If the master said, "We got a good house here," the house Negro would say,
"Yeah, we got a good house here." Whenever the master said "we," he said
"we." That's how you can tell a house Negro.

If the master's house caught on fire, the house Negro would fight harder to
put the blaze out than the master would. If the master got sick, the house
Negro would say, "What's the matter, boss, we sick?" We sick! He identified
himself with his master, more than his master identified with himself. And if
you came to the house Negro and said, "Let's run away, let's escape, let's separate,"
the house Negro would look at you and say, "Man, you crazy. What you mean, separate?
Where is there a better house than this? Where can I wear better clothes than this?
Where can I eat better food than this?" That was that house Negro. In those days
he was called a "house ******." And that's what we call them today, because we've
still got some house ******* running around here.

This modern house Negro loves his master. He wants to live near him. He'll pay three
times as much as the house is worth just to live near his master, and then brag about
"I'm the only Negro out here." "I'm the only one on my job." "I'm the only one in this school."
You're nothing but a house Negro. And if someone comes to you right now and says, "Let's separate,"
you say the same thing that the house Negro said on the plantation. "What you mean, separate?
From America, this good white man? Where you going to get a better job than you get here?" I mean,
this is what you say. "I ain't left nothing in Africa," that's what you say. Why, you left your mind in Africa.
On that same plantation, there was the field Negro. The field Negroes — those were the masses.
There were always more Negroes in the field than there were Negroes in the house.
The Negro in the field caught hell. He ate leftovers. In the house they ate high up on the hog.
The Negro in the field didn't get anything but what was left of the insides of the hog.

- El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back