Black Spirituality Religion : If This is My Path Why Can't...

There's no 'growth' in merely (and barely) existing. Tell me again...which indigenous followers succeeded in keeping themselves OFF those ships along with the Christians, Jews, Buddhists, and Muslims??????

the devil will always test the righteous the hardest....

one love
khasm

Come off it Amnat. I don't think you realize that the more you talk, the more Christian you sound. You are quite presumptious. Absolutely NOTHING I do is absent spiritual motive. NOTHING. I'm sharing what I know and have experienced along that path. ALL our ancestors were not on task; did you miss that portion of Mama Zogbe's interview?? But, of course, to question their mistakes is nothing short of disrespectful 'treason' in your logic. We are HERE for a REASON, and it is not just to spend time here in self-indulgent philosophizing or twiddling our 'spiritual' thumbs. Developing good character and karma??...for what??....who qualifies 'good' and 'bad'?? Once you can be decisive that there actually IS such a dichotomy, you'll have to decide which side of it you most wish to exemplify and why. If you come from a practical standpoint and want to see how all that applies HERE in terms of a better life---a LIBERATED existence (and not just in the great, mysterious, beyond), then doing such will require you assess your strengths (good) and your weaknesses (bad). I'm not quite where I need to be, but I'm past this. Really.

You see what you want to see I read a post where you asked Bro. Sekhemu about the problems of swindlers and charlatans in the Yoruba tradition, and how to avoid them..i recall him extending a personal invitation to you to email him and so he can connect you with a priest in your area who has Iwa pele...what happened to that?

What is Bro Sekhemu gaining in trying to help, money? his trying to sell you a book? No. i'ts called good karma and showing good character.

I'm not not getting into the slavery business with you, its like hooping on a merry go round. IFA is perfect in that it is UNIVERSAL truth,it is human beings who imperfect.

You want every African spiritual tradition to SHOW and PROVE that it's doctrine is the way to go, but that is not how it works, that is western thinking.

The link you put up regarding the Haitian vodun priestess/Lawyer was more from a political standpoint for YOU, I got what i needed spiritually out of it... as I said everyone I come across are my teachers, so why wouldn't I thank you?

You don't have to go for divination, you don't have to consult the babalawos, you don't have to learn from the elders.. you can do what ever you want.. but don't fool your self into thinking you are following the same traditions as your ancestors.:10500:

The only thing stopping you from telling me shut up and stay of this thread is that I am black, even with that your ears are closed to what i am trying to share, that is not good blaklioness...it is EGO which leads to ibi nu....and until you face it and deal with it, you will keep getting the same results:10500:

True. But prior to taking any test, you must have had solid instruction. Question is, did we fully receive that instruction, or were we just 'bad' students? That's what we need to know. You can't pass any test absent the right information....even if you have to kick your own behind for being stupid/hardheaded and then go back and find out what you missed. Tests should be about mastery....you should never SUSTAIN damaging scars which impede you from advancing. Is there evidence that, as a collective, we are doing that?...outside 'their' definitions I mean.

the devil will always test the righteous the hardest....

one love
khasm

Since English is not your first language, it may, indeed, explain your failure to grasp the semi-sarcasm in that post. You're so busy trying to prove that I am "anti-African" that you are not even paying attention to what I'm saying NOW---let alone my real motives. I tell you that I am sick of seeing us in this centuries old war (with MANY of us scoring points for the other teams even knowingly), and that I feel we need to know what happened to get us in this mess---including understanding TRADITIONS we held (or should have been holding but weren't) that may have compromised us, and you come at me with this foolishness? :10500:

''Remind me again how we got on this proving thing? Oh yes....we get "tested" by Forces which are greater than us through use of vile priest(esses) which we are supposed to go to for phony divinations in order to find out about our path here---only we won't really find out cause the information is phony....all so that we can learn about our "Higher Selves" in the process. I mean who the hell would be confused by that?? Go and read Sekhemu's post on witches and sorcerers in the Ori thread, and you will understand why I brought that information up in the scheme of the discussion''[/I

This is funny, now English is my second language and your first so I KNOW the above is not JUST what you gleaned from what i wrote, you are twisting my words to suit your EGO.

I don't make random accusation about a person without first observing, and the above really has solidify my view of what your motives really are.

I said the universe tests, i did not say the ONLY way the universe tests is to be send 'bogus readers' to the seeker, that is your interpretation.

You spit something like the above out in the universe and you don't think there will be repercussions?...lol ok.

Come off it Amnat. I don't think you realize that the more you talk, the more Christian you sound.

Lol.

You are quite presumptious. Absolutely NOTHING I do is absent spiritual motive. NOTHING.

My observations on your writings say differently.

I'm sharing what I know and have experienced along that path. ALL our ancestors were not on task; did you miss that portion of Mama Zogbe's interview??

All of my post supports the same notion. Did you miss the part where she says when the ancestors die they join their mothers and fathers, they can SEE what they did wrong and to try to help us here in the world?

But, of course, to question their mistakes is nothing short of disrespectful 'treason' in your logic.

I never said this.

We are HERE for a REASON, and it is not just to spend time here in self-indulgent philosophizing or twiddling our 'spiritual' thumbs.

Ok

Developing good character and karma??...for what??....who qualifies 'good' and 'bad'??

You asked the above but claim everything you do is 'spiritual'? are you listening to your self? who qualifies good' a security guard who sees a tired a elder sitting at the steps of a church, rather than asking the elder to to leave he says ''can I help''? that is good character that is building good karma, it is not hard to recognize.
Once you can be decisive that there actually IS such a dichotomy, you'll have to decide which side of it you most wish to exemplify and why.

I'm on the side of truth no matter how painful or ugly it is.

If you come from a practical standpoint and want to see how all that applies HERE in terms of a better life---a LIBERATED existence (and not just in the great, mysterious, beyond), then doing such will require you assess your strengths (good) and your weaknesses (bad). I'm not quite where I need to be, but I'm past this. Really.

I am a spiritual being having a human experience, and there nothing mysterious about the 'great beyond' i travel there very night... it is an ability passed down to every woman by our mothers( ancestors) men do not have this ability naturally. it must be taught to them, you would too if your ego wasn't in the way.:10500:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back