Black Spirituality Religion : If Jesus is God...?

John 10:

[30] I and my Father are one.

[33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
[34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
[35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
[36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
[37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
[38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

He never claimed to be God. He was the son of God as we are sons of God. He was one with the Father and we are one with the Father.

We are the brothers and sisters of Christ.

Jesus said when you see the least of those in this world you see him. When you overlooked the least, you overlooked him. Thats a powerful statement and unfortunately those who claim to know him best still don't get it.

FAITH AND CULTURE
The C. S. Lewis Bible
By HarperOne Publishers

CBN.com – Excerpts from The C.S. Lewis Bible

A Liar, a Lunatic, or the Son of God

Among these Jews there suddenly turns up a man who goes about talking as if He was God. He claims to forgive sins. He says He has always existed. He says He is coming to judge the world at the end of time. Now let us get this clear. Among Pantheists, like the Indians, anyone might say that he was a part of God, or one with God: there would be nothing very odd about it. But this man, since He was a Jew, could not mean that kind of God. God, in their language, meant the Being outside the world, who had made it and was infinitely different from anything else. And when you have grasped that, you will see that what this man said was, quite simply, the most shocking thing that has ever been uttered by human lips.

One part of the claim tends to slip past us unnoticed because we have heard it so often that we no longer see what it amounts to. I mean the claim to forgive sins: any sins. Now unless the speaker is God, this is really so preposterous as to be comic. We can all understand how a man forgives offences against himself. You tread on my toes and I forgive you, you steal my money and I forgive you. But what should we make of a man, himself unrobbed and untrodden on, who announced that he forgave you for treading on other men’s toes and stealing other men’s money? Asinine fatuity is the kindest description we should give of his conduct. Yet this is what Jesus did. He told people that their sins were forgiven, and never waited to consult all the other people whom their sins had undoubtedly injured. He unhesitatingly behaved as if He was the party chiefly concerned, the person chiefly offended in all offences. This makes sense only if He really was the God whose laws are broken and whose love is wounded in every sin. In the mouth of any speaker who is not God, these words would imply what I can only regard as a silliness and conceit unrivalled by any other character in history.

Yet (and this is the strange, significant thing) even His enemies, when they read the Gospels, do not usually get the impression of silliness and conceit. Still less do unprejudiced readers. Christ says that He is “humble and meek” and we believe Him; not noticing that, if He were merely a man, humility and meekness are the very last characteristics we could attribute to some of His sayings.

I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: “I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept His claim to be God.” That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic—on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg—or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.

—from Mere Christianity

For reflection — Mark 2:1–12

This really shouldn't be so hard to understand in scripture and simple reason. Think it over. The Great Father, GOD, as explained by his only begotten Son, Jesus, is the same as with a son to any in mortality; except Jesus' DNA is the same Glory as his Father, GOD. Right there, do we understand the clue? Ponies have little ponies, cats have little cats (kittens) and the Great and Everlasting GOD having begotten a Son, has begotten his child with the same properties of Eternal DNA as Himself. Christ is a God, and not a man as Reverend Smith, a mere mortal and moral teacher.

Would any accept the word of that very GOD who is exalted over all, including his Son, Jesus Christ. Who the Son declares to us, GOD is my GOD and your GOD, my Father and your Father. But unto which of us by inheritance obtain a more excellent name than the angels? For unto the angels did he say at anytime, Thou art my Son, this day I have begotten thee? And thereby the genetics of Glory is born with him. But unto his own Eternal flesh, GOD saith to Christ, "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." His Father praises his Son, "Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy GOD, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows (in heaven and earth)."

"And thou, Lord of all creation, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands." We the mortal children of GOD are heirs of Salvation. While the mortal earth shall perish along with the mortal children born here, all shall wax old as doth a garment. "And as a vesture shalt thou, Son, fold them up, and they shall be changed to immortal: but thou, Son, art the same, and thy years shall not fail."

"But to which of the angels said he, GOD, at any time, Sit on the right hand of my throne, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." Which is the end of the wicked in the Last Days in Judgment and sudden destruction, bringing in the reign of Christ as King in Peace for us.

This really shouldn't be so hard to understand in scripture and simple reason. Think it over. The Great Father, GOD, as explained by his only begotten Son, Jesus, is the same as with a son to any in mortality; except Jesus' DNA is the same Glory as his Father, GOD. Right there, do we understand the clue? Ponies have little ponies, cats have little cats (kittens) and the Great and Everlasting GOD having begotten a Son, has begotten his child with the same properties of Eternal DNA as Himself. Christ is a God, and not a man as Reverend Smith, a mere mortal and moral teacher.

Would any accept the word of that very GOD who is exalted over all, including his Son, Jesus Christ. Who the Son declares to us, GOD is my GOD and your GOD, my Father and your Father. But unto which of us by inheritance obtain a more excellent name than the angels? For unto the angels did he say at anytime, Thou art my Son, this day I have begotten thee? And thereby the genetics of Glory is born with him. But unto his own Eternal flesh, GOD saith to Christ, "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." His Father praises his Son, "Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy GOD, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows (in heaven and earth)."

"And thou, Lord of all creation, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands." We the mortal children of GOD are heirs of Salvation. While the mortal earth shall perish along with the mortal children born here, all shall wax old as doth a garment. "And as a vesture shalt thou, Son, fold them up, and they shall be changed to immortal: but thou, Son, art the same, and thy years shall not fail."

"But to which of the angels said he, GOD, at any time, Sit on the right hand of my throne, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." Which is the end of the wicked in the Last Days in Judgment and sudden destruction, bringing in the reign of Christ as King in Peace for us.

Hey sista Willia...!!!!!!:wave:

I just wanted to see how you wuz doin...I see you are in rare form here...cuz I saw the heaven open and I knew you wuz preaching somewhere..:lol:

But one point of correction...jesus is not god, nor did he ever claim to be god.

The reason jesus is not god is because (according to you) god is all knowing. Jesus is not all knowing, I thought you read and understood scripture.

Wait...let me show you, then you can have time to come up with and unconventional way to make it say something that it really doesn't say.

My good friend Mark says...

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only

Oh...I forgot chp 24 verse 36.

I have to give it to you...you sound good...:toast:

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back