Black Spirituality Religion : If Jesus is God, why did he pray to the Father and not to himself when he was on the cross?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Ecks, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Peace,

On the cross Jesus said, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" or "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Why didn't he pray to himself if he is God?

Peace,
    Bro. Ecks

(PS: May I say, just for the record, that you may have heard me talking about my faith in Minister Louis Farrakhan & the Nation of Islam. I want to say, just for the record, that I am no longer a believer in him & the NOI. Peace.)

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    He is One in the Father, but not the Father. Some confuse that trying to grasp an understanding of the power of the Son and who He is. But one can come to understanding in His Spirit, with prayer, searching, and love in the KING.

I get so teary eyed thinking of the Son of the Father and all the pain he went through in His sacrifice that'd we'd salvaged and cleansed of sins.

Those words, "...why hast thou forsaken me?" just shows His true pain, His need for the Most High, that we all should have.

And I become hopeful knowing He was resurrected by the KING our Father, the 3rd day, and that by all having faith and believing in what He's done, we show trust in the Father, and are counted as children to His Kingdom.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Wow... I just learned that Jesus is like an orisa and that the foundation of Christianity is human blood sacrifice. Sounds very pagan to me. This is interesting.

4. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

There is no mention of "Jesus" claiming to be "God" in the so called "Bible"... this presumption was from the council that was attempting to incarcerate him by asking if he was "God", or the "Son of God".

He responded to neither in the affirmative, but tossed out a foreboding riddle instead.

By the way, you could also reverse the question if so desired because of the case in the so called "Bible" where a "Voice" spoke and said "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased"

So asking a question about something that has no real basis is probably due to "hear-say".

Similar to asking "If grass is red, why does it look like the color of the leaves on trees in Spring, which look green?"

Who said the grass was "red"?

Respect

5. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Ecks
    Thanks for asking the question. I came across this and it gave me some clarification.

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472

one love
    khasm

7. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795

"For as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead" can be found in James 2:26

He said "It is done." He gave up his spirit.

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    [​IMG]
    this is definitely 'beat on the Christians' month.........

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472

just because a person may disagree with a religion doesn't mean they are attacking the individuals that have faith in that religion...
    something similar to politics....just because someone is a democrat or a republican doesn't mean imma call them a fool or worse because i dont believe in politics at all...but thas just me....

one love
    khasm

10. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +300
    The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit are separate and distinct individuals. The Father is GOD presiding over the Son and the Holy Spirit who are Gods. When it is said that they are one, it is in purpose. And all of us are suppose to be "one" in God. You see that we are not one mass of being. We are expected to be one in purpose with the Father, Christ, and even the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit remains in spirit so that he can more effectually move through humanity with his gifts. These are the three Gods who are one together in purpose working for our behalf.

That was the best question ever asked. Why would GOD pray to himself? That doesn't make sense, does it?! He would not. For those people who read the Bible for themselves the evidence is indisputable that Christ looked to his Father for strength and answers. Yet Jesus is the God who followed Israel in the wilderness, Jehovah. He is doing his Father's will.

"There are three in heaven." The Father GOD who presides over everything including his Son, God who presides over this earth as Lord, and over the Holy Spirit God, who testifies of the Father and the Son, teaches, giving gifts through power.

Christ atoned for our sins. He, God, has suffered in the garden of Gethsemane where even his Apostles could not be available to comfort him, falling asleep, because Christ had no help. It is he alone who atoned. Even on the cross the Father withdrew for a time and Christ atoned alone. There is no other Savior, no other helper. He alone paid for sin, which he had no sin. So, he made himself sin in that he himself paid the penalty for all of us if we repent to follow his teachings.

So, God, even the Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled the mission his Father GOD sent him
    into the world to do, suffer that we might not if we repent and follow him.

But if we will not repent then we must suffer even as he paying for our own sins. Which suffering caused God, the Son, the greatest of all under his Father, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore and to suffer both body and spirit, nevertheless he finished his mission and drank the bitter cup -- which was also symbolized when he asked for a little water on the cross and someone passed up vinegar.