Black Spirituality Religion : Jesus, the God our Forefathers knew

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Autrey2, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Autrey2

Autrey2 Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +5
    Jesus, the God our forefathers knew

It may come as a surprise to you, but Jesus is the God our forefathers knew and loved. What I am saying is, he's the Almighty God. It says so in John 1:1: "In the beginning was the Word …. and the Word was God." This mean that he has always loved us, and always will. All he wants is for us to know who he is and to love him back.

We see this most vividly in Isaiah 6. He starts off by saying to us, "In the year King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord." Now we know Isaiah was referring to Jesus as the God he saw because the Apostle John said he was in John 12:41:"Isaiah was referring to Jesus when he made this prediction because he was given a vision of Jesus' glory," he wrote. And too, Paul tells us in Romans 10 that we must confess that Jesus is the same Lord Isaiah saw in his vision if we are to be saved. If you do not think I am telling you the truth look these verses up for yourself!

So the prophet Isaiah continues: "He (,meaning Jesus,) was sitting on a lofty throne, and the train of his robe filled the temple." This must have been a glorious sight. I only wish I could have seen it. Then he says, "Hovering around him were mighty seraphim, each with six wings. With two wings they covered their faces, with two wings they covered their feet, and with two wings they flew."

But people will say, "What about the Father? Who is he? Jesus answers this question in verse 8 when he says to the prophet Isaiah, "Whom shall I send and who will go for us?" This is a reference to God as a Trinity. That is, although he speaks to us only as Jesus, at the same time he makes reference to his two other names, the Father and Holy Spirit.

At this point the prophet says in front of God as Jesus, "My destruction is sealed, for I am a sinful man and a member of a sinful race. Yet I have seen the King, the Lord Almighty." Then in his vision the prophet saw one of the seraphim fly over to Jesus and pick up a burning coal. He touched it to the prophet's lips and said, "Your guilt is removed. Jesus has forgiven your sins."

See this is what the Isaiah 6 is designed to tell us, and it is what Black People often talked and sang about in the days of old. That is, Jesus as God came to us that Christmas day for the sole purpose of dying on the cross and paying our sin debt, and for no other reason. This is why they sang such songs as Swing Low Sweet Chariot, and the words to this song "coming for to carry me home." That is, if Jesus removed our sins this would make it possible for us to go to heaven and there we would be given all of it's sweet rewards which we can never have on earth.

See, we are like wayward, runaway children playing a mud hole. Our parents didn't want us to do this, but we did anyway. We have been in the mud hole all day. And it's a place of great danger, misery, disappointments, frustrations, sickness, disease, hard times, and even death if we stay there. We are wet, dirty, tired, and our cloths are filthy. And too, we smell. But like our forefathers, now we long to go home. So like a good parent, Jesus cleans us up to make us ready for home.

But what they longed to know more about is this. When it came to the punishment we deserved for running away, God went a step further than earthly parents do. He took on a human body and came to earth as Jesus and took the punishment for us. Who ever heard of a thing like this? You can't have greater love than this. This is what this past Easter season is designed to tell us.

May God bless you,

Autrey 2

P.S. ... If you want to know more on this subject you can purchase my book "God's Message to the Christian Church" from Amazon, at amazon.com. See the above picture.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  2. freekundli

freekundli Well-Known Member MEMBER

India
    Ratings:
    +15
    Great Post.