Black People : I WANT TO APOLOGIZE !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a second note, this thread should not turn into a "let's bash our leader" marathon.

It is NOT FAIR to judge a person based on another person's accusations, when you are not in that person's shoes.

I have done web work... I am familiar with how it goes. Just because a site is out there DOESN'T mean walah, people will go visit. Designing websites is a mixture of both TIME and MONEY. I KNOW FOR A FACT that at the very least, a site owner may need capital for marketing efforts. I KNOW FOR A FACT if you have your own server (as Destee has said she has), IT IS expensive. The cost of a server can be more than what many pay for a house. So unless one knows exactly what's going on behind the scenes, you are not in a position to judge!

I also know there are other alternatives, but if they are sought definitely won't offer the amount of freedom that is on this site. I know for a fact that if you open it up to other forms of advertising (like Adsense), what will show may NOT match what one's audience is interested in, and it could lead to money going towards white companies, which for some perspectives may go against black progress.

All of these things need to be kept in mind here. We need to stop judging people, especially those who have provided the service, in light of what WE THINK their motives are, especially when accusers may have their own underlying motives.

as a dog chaseth its tail, the truth may never prevail.....smh....

Keita stated: "It will be a GLORIOUS DAY WHEN WE FINALLY TELL WHITE PEOPLE TO GET OUT OF OUR CHECKBOOKS, WALLETS AND POCKETBOOKS. We however should never tell our own to do what we have not and do not tell white people to do...but they have done worse. They have gotten into our minds, knowing that with that done, everything else was accessible."

Sorry, I told the whiteman to kick rocks a long time ago. I get paid tax-free; however, it is a white man (step-father in law) who pays me tax free, so...so much for that wisecrack comment.

Keita stated: "This just could be my own perception, but why is it that the most extreme emotional outburst towards what I am saying is coming from people who do not have a BLACK MATE??? WHY IS THAT?"

It is your perception, perhaps it's a coincidence. But since the typical "your mate ain't really/ain't Black, so your comments are useless" rhetoric is being thrown around for the umpteenth time, I'll disregard that, and let someone whom that applies to, to answer that.

Keita stated: "But you see, it isn't the so called "Negro responces", it is our slavelike imposed mentality that subconsciously surfaces whenever "us doing something for ourselves" comes up. As Dr. Ben says; "it is most difficult to sleep with the enemy and then talk about doing them the next day". So I understand the delimma."

Oh, you mean the belittling of members who cannot or choose not to pay; is that the slave-like mentality you're speaking about?:happens:

Keita stated: "IT FEELS GOOD TO BE IN THE BLACK !!"

That is the truth!

Starting a thread with an apology, then doing a 180, and telling members they ain't $h*t if they can't or choose the OPTION of not paying is not the way to keep respect. I wouldn't make any apologies in speaking my mind, I mean, that is, if I'm sincere in what I feel :rolleyes:

Isaiah said:
Brother Khonsu, When one buys their books at the local Black Bookstore, or Barnes&Noble or Borders, or turns on their computer, and uses the power, as well as an ISP/DXL service, that shoots holes in the whole argument that KNOWLEDGE IS FREE, doesn't it??? And oft times we find that what is free came CHEAP, and therefore isn't really worth having, don't we???

So, my dear brother, please don't use that specious argument in this context, or any other... We, African people DO use all manner of EXCUSES to not support one another, while we will support WHITE MAN as a matter of course... We know that if we try to use these specious EXCUSES to withold our support, he WILL send us packing - which I am coming to believe Destee should do, because it would let those who REFUSE to support the site know just how much the site CONTRIBUTES to THEIR WELL-BEING...

How arrogant it is to talk of how we are "contributing" by bringing our vast knowledge to the site, when the site don't exist without monetary support??? This spot/address, and the bandwith, and the server actaully cost DESTEE money to obtain, maintain, and sustain... Do you folks understand THAT?! The arrogant and ignorant posturing and posing that is going on up in here is maddening, and it feeds everyone's frustration... The PERSONALIZATION of what the sister, and KEITA have said is on those who PERSONALIZED IT, those who felt GUILT and INSULT, and all of that... No NAMES were ever mentioned, yet we have folks taking offense like the cap their trying on fits them well...

I have not contributed to the site for months, now... I, too, have my own venture, and I'm into that venture so deep its starting to literally make me sick - literally... That STILL is not a REASON for ME not to contribute MONEY to a spot on the web that means so much to me... And I have to wonder that if the site means so damned little to you that if it went down tomorrow, you wouldn't give a hoot, why you come up in here everyday???? That's mad strange to me, because there are a bunch of sites in cyberspace which I could care less if they're here today, and gone tomorrow, and I simply don't visit them...

The bottom line is if folks are claiming to be so damned offended, turn off from the site... If you are being made to feel guilty because you are not paying, or REFUSING to pay, then it is you perogative to move on, or stay and feel guilty... It is not like these issues are raised daily, but they have to be raised, because the sites needs fuel beyond your and my august "contributions" of knowledge, because those "contributions" don't pay Destees bills nor our own... I mean, how dare anyone make Destee "FEEL GUILTY" for raising the issue of monetary contributions to the site when she is telling us that she can barely keep it alive??? WOW! BTW, she has asked us NICELY, and PLEADINGLY, and PROFESSIONALLY, and this is the only option we have left her, so STOP MAKING EXCUSES African people... STO

P MAKING EXCUSES... Like brother KEITA said, 33 cents a day, or $10 dollars every other month, or something - anything to help keep this valuable resource alive... EXCUSES will not cut it anymore...

Peace!
Isaiah

Brother Zay,

We gotta be more tactical than this. Look at the membership on this site, what some of us truly believe.

Many don't want no parts of christianity, not only because of perceived historically racist doctrine, but because they don't want to pay no tithes nor be made to feel guilty for not doing so. Some have a huge problem with the money the church takes in (while admitting the church is one of the few institutions truly funded by black people).

I've even read a couple saying they didn't want to feel guilty about violating God's commandments on things like premarital sex, which should be perfectly "natural."

So why would we think it possible to "shame" this type of independent thinker? It's not brother! That tactic has no sway. Guilt not only isn't going to work, it's going to produce the exact opposite of the desired outcome.

So why not try something else this time?

Why don't we pose, "What kinds of services would spur you to financially support Destee.com?" More outreach and action-oriented programs? More personalized benefits? More structured ancillary activities like formal debates, chess, etc?

What are the issues that make you reluctant to support financially now?

Also, we shouldn't continue to state Destee.com is the ONLY black funded site run by us for us, as that isn't the case. Our challenge is to help Destee make it the best it can possibly be, for our sake, our children's sake, and our people's sake.

Isaiah stated:"The PERSONALIZATION of what the sister, and KEITA have said is on those who PERSONALIZED IT, those who felt GUILT and INSULT, and all of that... No NAMES were ever mentioned, yet we have folks taking offense like the cap their trying on fits them well..."

Who shouldn't take it personal, wasn't the thread directed towards members aimlessly..........so the thread starter shouldn't get upset if a random member fires back in defense. The thread was created to offend. It's not like there weren't any disrespectful comments tossed around. No, names don't have to be mentioned, but we all know he directed it towards members. And no, I don't have a guilt complex, I've paid. I don't have an "I got mines where's yours?" attitude, so I decided to speak on behalf of non-paying members. You see how none of them have replied yet. I wonder why?

No way no how...

karmashines said:
As a second note, this thread should not turn into a "let's bash our leader" marathon.

If this thread turns into that, we ought to all be ashamed of ourselves. Each and every last one of us who let it go there.

Any that cannot feel Destee's passion and love for us, cannot connect with her extraordinary spirit, don't deserve our time wasted upon.

This should be a discussion between family about family business, and family don't bash Momma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back