Black People : I WANT TO APOLOGIZE !!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I want to first of all apologize to everyone who stops by Destees for what I'm about to say. I specifically want to apologize to those who frequent here on a daily basis. Why? Because for the life of me, I simply can't understand what the problem is in regard to supporting our own!!

Hold on, let me back up a bit. We have no problem giving Mr./Mrs. Caucasian money for some over priced Nikes, Tims, Gucci and all that other stuff that superficially we in our European minded ignorance take as being important to our illusionary status quo as a person. Yet we seem to have some serious issues with doing or establishing or supporting anything that is TRULY OUR OWN !! NOW WHY IS THAT?

I was in chat the other night and I informed Destee that it cost something like 33 cents a day for a person to be a premium member here. In the course of a month that almost comes out to 10.00. But just the idea of someone saying to themselves that this community is not worth 33 cents a day blows my mind beyond comprehension.

Now if this was one of them European owned so called black sites like Afronet, Blacktown, Blackvoices or whatever that had banners and European commercials on them promoting the economic benefits of white people, I bet we'd have no problems then, would we?

But we have a site here with people and information and topics that are never and would never be discussed elsewhere as they are here. We post the real deal scholars and issues of our people as opposed to "what so called white bread black people" care to discuss or try to act as if it don't exist...and yet we somehow have issues with 33 cents a day !! Unlike some people here, personally speaking...I ain't trynna hear that shhit !!!

We need to be ashamed to even look our black @sses in the mirror and claim ourselves as being black for even trying to justify or make excuses about 33 cents a day !! See, Destee with her compassionate self will probably try to take this thread off, but if they were my shoes instead of hers, I'd get rid of every sorry no 33 cents a day paying joker on here !!

Yet our people come here, drink the water, eat the fruits, enjoy the meat and much needed knowledge of this site, but they are very careful not to leave anything on the plate. We have proven that we are good at taking but we don't know jack shhit about giving...even when it's to ourselves or to our own benefit !!!...and this site has proven over the years to be to our own benefit just by virtue of it being the ONLY BLACK OWNED, OPERATED AND COMMERCIAL FREE SITE ON THE INTERNET...RUN AND SUPPORTED BY OUR PEOPLE FOR OUR PEOPLE !!!

I guess it goes to show that all our people aren't really all our people when it comes to our people doing for our people. What other reason can there be for the lack of 33 cents a day. What's that, a cookie or bag of chips? I ain't really looking for no responces to this, cause anything outside of our recognizing the shame of 33 cents ain't nothing but some serious bullshyt !!

2. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    lol, you got my attention.

I agree, if the site is meeting your needs and you have the means to pay, you should pay.

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    It's deeper than that, cause we just don't recognize our own value.

4. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Although I can afford to pay, not every body can. .33 can break somebody. Being that not all sites require a membership fee; some here may not feel obliged to contribute.

5. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Sure the people who claim to be neurosurgeons, and ballers here should contribute, especially if they post often.

6. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Also, I initially waited 2 months to contribute, because I had college tuition, books to buy, moving fees, deposit, credit checks to pay, you know, cost of living. Besides I didn't want to send in just $10 or $20 bucks, so I paid $100 for an annual membership.

7. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I have continuously said it before, and I will restate my position:

There are reasons that people may have, that they may not wish to pay for a membership here. Those reasons may not be valid in your eyes, but they are valid in the eyes of those that have them.

Just as people have tuitions, bills, and other responsibilities, so do other people have labors of the same sort that require their financial attention.

"Neurosurgeons" aside, even if other financial obligations are not the primary issue, that does not mean that there are not other factors that weigh in.

And, they are really not any of anyone's business. Until such a time when being a premium member is a prerequisite for being on here, then I cannot understand why this subject comes up as often as it does. Nor do I see why a person should feel pressured, or made to feel guilty because they do not make such a decision.

It's not necessarily about not recognizing our own value; if that were truly the case, then not even half the people who are here (11,000+ people, I think?) would even be here.

I think that the people who are here, know what this site is worth, but that doesn't mean that this should always be viewed in terms of a tangible (in this case, economical) measurement.

Speaking of such, it was mentioned how money is given to the White man for his assets.

However, anyone who knows how economics works, will also know that the White man does not measure all of his assets tangibly. Like the MasterCard commercial says: "there are somethings that money can't buy".

So with that, perhaps we actually don't recognize our worth, if we can only measure it in terms of monetary contributions.

Just because contributions are not being made financially, does not mean that NO contributions are being made.

PEACE

8. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Samurai....

You broke that down. That original post almost scared me into emptying my bank account. LOL. I was afraid some poltergeist would burst through my notebook, flip me upside down, and shake me till all my change fell out :help: No disrespect Brother Keita, you do post aggressively though, and I know your wife has her hands full:huh:

9. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Woman, you are too funny :lol:

LOL @ "poltegeist, and ":help:" :lol:

PEACE

10. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Exactly. If people who don't pay are allowed, then no one can cry about it. If it's that much of a strain, do yourself a favor and make premium members the only members that can access the site. It's simple. It does no one any good to keep beating people over the head with the same topic. Although some may say that it's hard to banish those who don't pay from the site, it can't be any harder than labeling them self-haters continuously. If premium membership is required, some people will pay. If it's not required, some people won't because they'll use that money for other things that they need. It's pretty simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.